[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

San Andreas > V > Vice City = IV > III

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: GTA_logo.png (14KB, 399x346px) Image search: [Google]
GTA_logo.png
14KB, 399x346px
San Andreas > V > Vice City = IV > III
>>
Vice city > V > SA > IV > III
>>
>>34954140

Vice City is super comfy, but objectively, SA is the best GTA game ever, and it will still be until rockstar adds three cities + different weathers + gyms/restaurants + gfs.

IV is underrated, too
>>
>tfw gta iv works on xbox one
>>
Grove Street ... home ...
>>
>>34954103
SA>Vice city>V>III>IV
IV gave me red rings of death twice on xbox fuck that game
>>
>>34954103
>tfw stopped playing video games when IV came out
>tfw have a new in box ps3 and GTA IV in an old box in the corner of my room, but dont play it.

Guess this is depression.

Getting back to the topic . . . I feel like I enjoyed Bully and The Warriors more than any GTA game except maybe Vice City.
>>
>>34954103
No

V > IV (Complete Edition) > San Andreas > Vice City > III
>>
I like IV because of the atmosphere and how comfy the streets were.

detailed alleyways, that train station in hove beach, chinatown and the stairs surrounding the base of the bridge from chinatown to dukes
>>
>>34954103
V > IV > Didn't play the others
>>
>>34954103
So the general consensus in this thread is that V is better than IV. Okay, so why does most of /v/ think IV is the better V? Are they just being contrarian?
>>
>>34954176
>IV is underrated

But IV was shit. Mabye that's just in the context of following up San Andrea but it was a massive dissapointment and was sort of a step back compared to everything post gta 2.
>>
I think you mistook /r9k/ for /v/ you fucking brainlet. Take your autistic manchild ass back to /v/ and talk about your precious VIDYA GEEMS there.
Come back when you want to talk about diarrhea and cumming on walls. Fucking degenerate.
>>
San Andreas > Vice City > V > lll > ll > VC Storoes > Gta A > lV > I > LC Stories

How are you guys even rating this series if you haven't played them all?
>>
ITT: Plebs who cant appreciate the atmosphere of III
And urionically enjoy V, which, though it had great game play, had a shit plot with a weak ending
>>
>>34954962

>counting spinoffs and I + II

Sad!
>>
>>34954962
>rating 2 that high

Did you play Stories on PSP on PS2?
>>
>>34954103
San Andreas is one of the most overrated games of all time.
>>
>>34954997

t. redditor

get the fuck out
>>
I was just playing San Andreas and I realized they put a lot in it. The npcs interact really well
>>
>>34954103

>IV
I loved the engine, the ragdolls and driving was interesting, the ability to drive and shot blew my mind, I didn't care much for the story tho and the setting was really bland.

>Vice city
I can't look at this game without nostalgiaglasses. the music, setting and gameplay is great.

>V
One of this generation best games.

>SA
Perfection
>>
VC > SA > GTAIVLCS > GTAIV > GTAV > GTAIII > GTAII > GTAI
>>
San Andreas > V > III > Vice City > IV
>>
3 > sa > 2 > vicecity > 5 > 4 > 1
>>
>>34954988
Both but I played on pso first.

And It's more like I like ll, VCS and GtaA are equal In my mind. IV was bad, Gta I was meh and LCS just sort of felt like work.
>>
Is SA the one with da nigga and u get to be in da hood and u have genuine turf warf
>>
>>34954976
IV>III>VC are my top 3 in that order
>>
fuck gta 6 remaster sa
>>
useless thoughts from a dude who has played these games since the very first one

the main problem with V is watching rockstar milk it for all it's worth. the online component is excruciating. it sucks to open up my murder simulator game and have to be bombarded with ads for shitty in-game purchases.
i think the SP game itself suffers from weird gaming hipsterdom where it's really cool to shit on it because the normies love it, but it's an exceptionally well-written game with amazing art and mechanics. the internet/phone thing is the only real flaw.

i had a tough time with IV because of the useless PC port but the base game was decent

san andreas was altogether excellent but is (understandably) less refined than the games that came after it. like, it's rockstar trying to expand the playability potential of the games and sort of succeeding, but a lot of the "new" kinds of stuff they added is a little wonky and raw. story was superior to IV and all that preceded it.

vice city is possibly my least favorite apart from I. i never got into the atmosphere and that's apparently essential to enjoying it

III is underrated as fuck. the story was dumb and i'm sure the nostalgia goggles are operating at maximum right now but there is something transcendent about driving in a landstalker down that road by the bridge with the diner as it pours down rain.

II never gets enough love. the story was almost entirely superfluous and you advanced/unlocked areas by either doing a bunch of tasks or otherwise earning a bunch of cash (so if you wanted to not even do the missions you could just steal a tank and run stuff over until you have the requisite money).
II's multiplayer was amazing, also. i have fond memories of playing this on LAN with my brother and cousins and it's just a load of fun.

I is kind of like II but all-around worse. i played this when i was pretty young so who fucking knows if it's actually any good

if i had to give a ranking:

V > SA > IV > III > II > VC > I
>>
>>34954103
3 was better than vice city
you must of only played one of those handheld ports if you think differently
sa was bay better than 4 it was pretty sad
>>
SA = VC > IV > V

literally who tier:
III, II, I
>>
San Andreas > IV > V > III

haven't played Vice City
>>
VC>4>SA>what very little of 5 I played> 3
>>
>>34954976

III has been my favorite since it was released.
>>
>>34954103
SA, IV, and V in that order.
>>
>>34954455
I'm like you.

I've never played past San Andreas.

Bully was great.
>>
>>34954103
4>>>5>SA>VC>3

^The OBJECTIVE truth.
>>
>SA
Best game overall. Soundtrack, story, 3 cities you name it. It will be very hard to beat. Longest one too by far.

>VC
Incredible 80's satire with the music to go with it. Assets were cool. Small map and shortness are my only complaints.

>III
The OG 3d sandbox game. It definetly shows its age but still fun to play today.

>IV
Good development of a new era of sandbox games. City felt like the NY/NJ area. The game lacked replay-ability with much less side content than the others (without the dlc).

>V
Excellent game with the best graphics and biggest world. Lots of side missions for replayability. Plot was a bit weak, but still a fun game with a great soundtrack. A good satire of 2010's culture.
>>
>>34954103
Almost a perfect list.

Swap 4 and 3 and its spot on
>>
File: 1425936580705.jpg (7KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
1425936580705.jpg
7KB, 298x169px
>>34954103

There is only one correct progression:

SA > VC > V > III > IV

Everything else is just objectively incorrect. Prove me wrong.
>>
>implying this song isn't god tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXgIbWJWGQ
>>
I have played GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV and GTA IV: Stories from Liberty City.

In my opinion, the best one was GTA IV

I'm just eastern yuropean and it was kinda comfy and relatable.
>>
>>34959707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuYcP4by7ts
>>
Objective List Below: (Disregard all other posts in this thread)

Vice City>San Andreas>GTA V>GTA IV> GTA 3>all other 2d games
>>
File: sQve7ET.png (71KB, 1248x1504px) Image search: [Google]
sQve7ET.png
71KB, 1248x1504px
>>34954371
Atleast it was before I fucked everything up.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.