[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the usual reason you lie? Mine is to cover up weaknesses.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: Liar-Liar.jpg (118KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Liar-Liar.jpg
118KB, 1400x700px
What's the usual reason you lie? Mine is to cover up weaknesses.
>>
I just find it funny.
>>
i don't. if you lie you're doing yourself a disservice

don't fraud yourself. there is no reason to.
>>
I just do it compulsively on the internet
>>
>>34954069
Everyone lies.
>>
File: 1476727195164.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1476727195164.png
44KB, 658x662px
>>34954031
I don't lie very often, but I do exaggerate a ton. If it took me three hours to do something, I'll say it took me four instead. If I worked an 8 hour shift, it becomes a ten hour shift. If I ran for three miles, it becomes five miles. If I won a scratchoff ticket for thirty bucks, it becomes 50 bucks.

Why? I have no fucking idea, honestly. I just feel compelled to do it for some reason. Maybe to make what I do seem more interesting, even though all of that is totally inconsequential.
>>
>>34954069
Says the guy lying about not lying. You may be more honest than most and do your best to tell the truth, but an entirely honest person has never existed, and never will.
>>34954084
Listen to Dr. House, here.
>>
>>34954031
It depends. Sometimes it's for a laugh, other times its to save my skin. Sometimes I do it to manipulate a situation. Or to prevent hurt feelings.
>>
>>34954084
don't count on that. hahahahaha.

the only time i would "lie" -- which, i don't even consider this lying, it's just being silent or withholding the truth, is to protect another.

for example --- i want to tell someone how much of a fucking psycho they are and show them bit by bit exactly why, telling them all that is necessary to make them self-aware to their turbo autism, but instead, i'll not say anything because i can be a bit harsh.

so yes, if saying nothing to not hurt another's feelings..... or sugar-coating? is a form of lying? then maybe? but i wouldn't even say it's sugar coating so much as it's keeping your thoughts to yourself and simply kicking them out. disassociation is better if you never want to know that person again.

i don't need to lie to disassociate.
>>
wordplay =/= lying

"i'm so hungry i could eat a horse"

"bitch y r u lying u only have the capacity for a grapefruit physiology says"

fuck off
>>
>>34954031
Its mainly small white lies to keep people from bothering me. eg,

>how was your last quiz anon?
>good

That's it basically.
>>
I don't even know why I lie anymore. I do it for seemingly no reason at this point.
>>
I lie all the time. Often it doesn't even serve me. I lie against my own interests. I just do it compulsively. When I lie intentionally though, it's usually to manipulate people. I tend to think that a person can be made to do anything at all, if you could only work out the right combination of words. It makes no sense not to lie, if doing so produces more desirable results.

t. Borderline
>>
its actually more effort to lie than to tell the truth.

so stop. it's stupid. for a board that doesn't care about the perception of others, why not have faith and stand ground in your words?
>>
>>34954031
i lie out of boredom. sometimes i tell lies about my whole life in different ways to see how far i can improvise it
>>
>>34954084
>>34954111
>>34954117
>>34954141
>>34954198

but i will admit, i do lie to myself. i can be overly optimistic sometimes (not actively aware of it) and think i have more time than i actually do.

in that way, you got me. snipping this in the bud.
>>
>>34954198
>for a board that doesn't care about the perception of others
lol
>>
>>34954093
liar, you don't lie that much
>>
>>34954198
>stand ground in your words
You know how much will it takes to pass off a big lie?
>>
>>34954031
>to delude myself into thinking reality is moldable via mind
>>
>>34954278
less energy than it takes to keep up with one

a fresh, absolute truth triumphs a lie which will eventually grow, hang in the back of your head, and possibly turn you into a pathological liar. it requires maintenance and further bullshit

that's too much

and all for what?
>>
>>34954031
>to help cope with the fact that things arent the way they are
>>
>>34954313
What if, for example, you want two or more gfs and none agree to anything under monogamy? It makes no sense not to lie if it gets you what you want.
>>
>>34954335
>What if, for example, you want two or more gfs and none agree to anything under monogamy?

i'm out. ask your peers, skank
>>
>>34954313
It would depend on the lie, wouldn't it. Even the largest lies fade into memory. Given enough time, infidelity, violence, even identity can be retconned.
>>
>>34954367
>>34954386
Oh, you don't know the half of it roachie
>>
>>34954031
To prove that people do stupid shit or aren't listening to me
Obviously it's just a selfish game by now
>anon, is your brother here
>yes
>later: anon is your brother here
>brother sitting right next to me as I look into their eye
>no he's not here
>no acknowledgement of my obvious stupid lie
>>
if you can lie without losing self respect, sure go ahead

imo you can fool the world but you wouldn't be able to fool yourself. and you would also have to know that what you built around you, whether it be social relationships or whatever feelings came from said lie, was not formed with authenticity.

and who would you have more respect for? one who lied out of their ass or told the truth? it's sad because you can't even try to hate on liars - it's obvious they hate themselves
>>
unrelated ex: catfish
trannies who delude themselves

its a shame
>>
>>34954463
It's easy to lie and feel no guilt. It's easy to lie and not get caught. It's easy to appear honest and trustworthy.
>>
>>34954502
>It's easy to lie and feel no guilt.

sure, that can happen. but you have to be lying if you think you wouldn't lessen your internal evaluation of self-worth each time you did.

if people still feel respectable for lying, w/e

how can you be proud of yourself if you're not even proud enough in what you have to say?
>>
I lie only when i'm asked how am i, why couldn't i go to x place, why do i have eyebags, why do i look like i was crying and what did i do on the weekend
>>
Sometimes I lie to not ruin the others day or burden them with whining
>>
I lie to say its OK because I know they're going through a lot and I don't want them to worry about me.
>>
I never lie. I'm the most honest man on earth.
>>
>>34954602
That would depend on what values I denote worth to. Getting away with something, getting what I want is something I place a high value on.
>>
>>34954745
but you had to sacrifice integrity to do so

meaning you did not choose the higher route

that said, some people are okay with fucking other people over or throwing themselves away for whatever they think holds more value.
>>
I lie to gain an advantage.
>>
Mines to make me more interesting than I actually am.
>>
>>34954776
Everything is subjective. Let's say we're both married and we love our spouses very much. Let's say we both cheat on our respective significant others. You feel guilty about it and confess. Maybe the relationship continues with bankrupted trust, or it ends with both sides parting more damaged.
Let's say I lie. That is, I cover the infidelity with a mundane cover and let it go. Marriage stays in tact, everyone is happy, life continues as usual. In time even I forget about it. Poof.
Integrity and trust are malleable. Everything is a lie.
>>
>>34954901
>Everything is subjective.

all you had to say t b h

g2g so can't read all that but i get what you're probably trying to express

insert trash being another mans treasure idiom
>>
Just convenience.
>>
So people don't see me as a friendless loser
>>
I lie compulsively to people because its entertaining. People will believe anything you say to them. Fucking retards.
>>34954069
Now THAT is some convincing lying. Something I do all the time.
>>
>>34954031
>parents give free room and bored
>have to make them think I love them
>>don't drink
>>okay I won't
>drink anyway
>get really bored
>tell lies to make life seem less boring
>imagine this is why people think god exists, people being bored and insane/insanely gullible
>>
>>34954031
To hide my infidelity from an ugly chink I use as emotional tampon. She's a dumb bitch that thinks she's a princess lol.
>>
>>34955038
free room and board*
>>
>>34954031
Pretty much also my life is boring as hell.
>KHV
>No female friends
>No outside work friends

>Wake up
>Work
>Eat
>Work
>Dinner
>Sit at my desk at home shitposting
>Sleep

>Then the "Oh anon what did you do I heard you took your 3 weeks vacation"
Literally just the same cycle just sleeping in more
>Oh I went backpacking through Europe with some of my college buddies it was amazing experiencing all those interesting cultures. Really opened up my mind.
>Want to see some pictures I took
>Pull out pics of my Stacy sister's actual trip to Europe.
>>
>>34954031
to hide the fact that I have no social life
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.