[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did western culture become so obsessed with sex?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1487268469572s.jpg (2KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1487268469572s.jpg
2KB, 125x115px
Non-western robot here, I don't get why a lot of conversations between western people on the internet revolve or involve sex, virginity, gender etc. Why are you people so obsessed about having sex, losing virginity and getting a gf? Why is there so much societal pressure on men to fuck around and women to become sluts? I see a lot of gender nonconforming people putting a shitload of time and effort in their body to become appealing to whatever they are attracted to. There are entire forums dedicated to talks on trivial issues like gender and sexuality. Why are there people who lose their entire self-esteem and confidence because they were insulted by a woman? Western culture wasn't always like this, as old books and media from your culture indicate.

I'm not saying that your culture is shit, after all it's been the scientific and cultural powerhouse of the world for over a century.
>>
>>34952958
Blame hippies.
>>
"religions lose their way as people do" -- Kafka
>>
File: 1457691928996.jpg (62KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1457691928996.jpg
62KB, 600x315px
>>34952958
>posting a thumbnail
thread disregarded
>>
I don't know why, OP.

Why do you think it happened? I would imagine an outsider would have an interesting perspective on it.

What is it like in your culture?
>>
>>34952958
We only have ourselves to blame. Adolf could have stopped this...
>>
>>34953369
don't forget, the muslims and turks allied with the germans. BOTH TIMES.

and we're the only ones left, the west is trying to kill us all off too, soon when we're gone, you're gonna be in complete degeneracy and wish we came back.
>>
>>34952958
Our culture is total shit. We peaked culturally in the 19th century, and we've been coasting ever since.
>>
>>34953369
stop this meme. muh degeneracy has nothing to do with adolf and his buddies and what they did. if anything what they did had an indirect influence on the social movements that changed our culture.
>>
>>34952958

Literally atheism
>>
>>34953330
>Why do you think it happened? I would imagine an outsider would have an interesting perspective on it.
Meh, it's not interesting at all. Current western culture is basically a mixture of fanatic individualism and hedonism, which has led to corruption of sexual desire. Yes, sexual desire is normal, but does that mean you screw your "conservative" grandpa's advice and revert to your animal instincts?
>What is it like in your culture?
We are quite conservative. Family comes before you, divorce is almost unheard of, and are generally extremely stable. People are religious (though not necessarily spiritual) and maintain an indifferent attitude to sex. However, as a result of my culture's natural inclination towards stability at all costs, there's an undercurrent of apathy and a lack of vitality in it.
>>
>>34954710
Where are ya from?
>>
>>34952958
People used to have their sexual desires fulfilled. When there was monogamy, everyone could get a wife. Now we have it like the animal kingdom where the dominant males get all the girls. Helped along by the power of technology. The difference between us and the animals is that beta animals can try rape if they can't get laid consensually.
>>
>>34952958
I have no idea, but I'd like it to stop. I'm 18, but in highschool and it's all people talk about. Hell, I've had sex (only with my bf) but I'd never talk about it to other people. It shouldn't all be on display. I don't get it- I just want to talk about things other than gossip and drugs, sex and alcohol.
>>
>>34954124
I really don't know if that's it though. Religious societies have been degenerate (hell, Shakespeares time was fucking gross. Sex all over the place). I think it's more a lack of morals coming from a combination of the internet (with things being normalised at younger ages) and a narcissistic, individualistic culture.
>>
>>34955620
>When there was monogamy, everyone could get a wife
Here, have a pair of rosy coloured glasses.

That only happened if you had money. Lots of men went without. What you're thinking of is arranged marriages- not monogamy.
>>
the sexual revolution fucked our whole society
>>
>>34955733
And only twenty percent of men in the past passed their genetic material on.
>>
>>34955735
Nah, it just fuck you out of it.
>>
>>34955758
it literally degraded the morals of our society. there's a reason societies in the past shunned female promiscuity.
>>
>>34955773
Yeah, because there were no paternity tests and men wanted to ensure their offspring was theirs. There was also no birth control, so women could get their lives (or their father/husband/brother's wallet) ruined from one fuck.
>>
>>34954710
Are you possibly muslim, OP?
>>
>>34952958
The early 20th century because we took off our clothes that covered everything up. Back then they tried to ban booze and hated jazz and all, because they were scared of what we'd become with all of the roaring 20s partying. Then again, we had cars eveywhere, so they probably had people that struck oil lobbying to stop people from using moonshine to run engines back then as well, and drunk driving would've made us want to ban it too of course. Aside from booze, they started banning all substances that one would get intoxicated for fun though, so it was just anti fun. They wanted to believe that they could control our degenerative behavoir, and obviously failed.
>>34952970
The red light district happened to piss Murikans off in the early 20th century though.
>>
>>34956022
>>34955408

Nah, Hindu Indian.
>>
>>34956271
Ahhh a poo in the loo
>>
>>34956314
Why are Indians called poo in the loo?
>>
>>34956327
Because they don't have toilets newfaggot. They say they shit in the street also.
>>
File: 1482824949631.jpg (69KB, 838x630px) Image search: [Google]
1482824949631.jpg
69KB, 838x630px
>non-white born in European country
>pretty sheltered by parents and raised under own culture
>living in a shitty neighborhood with a shitty elementary school
>pretty withdrawn from other kids
>never found closeness with anyone
>notice how everything is much different than what my parents taught me was correct
>starting to get very confused growing up
>oldfag history telling us about life here not 40 years ago
>sounds kinda similar to how "we" do things
>history became an interest of mine
>start looking up more and more into western history
>start getting depressed because whitey is destroying himself
>the only whitey who wants to stop it from happening also despises me

It's very much like watching a hungry lion tear itself apart, you want to step in and help, but you'd just get eaten alive.
>>
>>34956349
Why would they be called poo in the loo if there's no loo? Are you sure this is the reason?
>>
>>34956441
Shitskin get out
>>
>>34956482
>be me
>at pol around time meme was made
>everyone starts making fun of Indian flag telling them that they have to poo in the loo every time they post
>tfw it started as them being told off by being reminded that their country sucks because they CAN'T poo in the loo
It's a pol culture thing. You get insulted for where you're from.
>>
>>34956510
/pol/ is a cultural anthropologists' dream
>>
>>34952958
Liberal capitalism (present in the west since the industrial revolution) is too much for the Earth to handle. It consumes way too much natural resources. It was planned to be destroyed in the 19th century. A global permanent marxist revolution was supposed to end it, but it failed and only affected Russia instead. So the globalists had to take a different route - to literally destroy the genetic potential of the western civilization. It started to take effect in the late 60s, and resulted in a mix of different cultural programs:
>music: rock/rap/edm
>sexual liberation
>single moms
>crime
>drugs
>lgbt
>feminists/SJWs
all these are meant to destroy the western civilization genetically. But the land and infrastructure will be used by new nations, new countries with new languages and new culture. (e.g. European Islamic Caliphate).

Western civilization was created by the globalists and will be ended by them.
>>
is a fucking Indian seriously lecturing others on sexual morals? You people are a bunch of creeps that molest and rape women because you're all so repressed, fuck off
>>
>>34957394
>calling other people creeps
>on /r9k/
>>
>>34952958
Nip detected. Maybe if you cared more about sex your women wouldn't be fucking any white dick that walks by them and your population wouldn't be declining.
>>
>>34957500
>/r9k/ is one creepy, bitter, beta, loser virgin

>>34957394
This. The amount of girlfriends and girl friends who have been creeped on by curryniggers and desperately sent texts for help is mind boggling. And it's only curryniggers too.

They can't take no for an answer, they're too touchy, they're too pushy, they're ugly, they don't know how to interact with white, western women. It'd be hilarious if it weren't such a pain in the ass.
>>
Everything in life is about sex.
Except for sex, which is about power.
>>
>>34952958
Western, or rather, American culture is shit when people are rewarded and paid for doing shitty things to other people, good deeds are seen as weak and rare, and people are so obsessed with sex that you cannot talk to another human being without there being some sexual reason behind it. And now with the whole homophobia paranoia, you can't even hug a family member of the same sex without them going all HUEHUE NO HOMO like why would it be gay if we're relatives just hugging as a greeting or a parting. On top of all of this, people are more fucked up with mental illnesses than ever being deprived of vital human functions, such as, you know, genuine friendship and nobody wants to acknowledge that culture and society itself is the result of this.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.