[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>February 18th, 2017 >still havent started lifting yet tfw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: mussels.png (9KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
mussels.png
9KB, 213x237px
>February 18th, 2017
>still havent started lifting yet
tfw
>>
>started lifting 5 years ago
>hardly made any progress
>two months ago I just stopped going
sdjlkf;sdjflk
>>
>hear about GOMAD on /fit/
>try it out
>been doin it for 8 days and already seeing decent gains

Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>34951528

Should have eaten more, loser.
>>
>>34951415
I'm gonna dig deep and go. Half the battle is overcoming my anxiety. I got thus
>>
>>34951415
Why not change that to
>February 18, 2017
>started lifting today
>>
>>34951647
Muscle or fat. GOMAD has me kind of intrigued now. I'm a 5'9" 130lb skelly and I'd like to get up to about 145lb quickly, but I want to lose fat and gain muscle. I have access to a pretty bare bones gym, but it's free, private, and 24/7.
>>
>started going to the gym in August 2013
>had shit form, no idea what I was doing, just fucking around, no gains but felt like I was the shit
>kept going regularly for about a year, summer 2014 I tracked calories and protein like a madman while going to the gym every day yet burnt out, still had shit form and no idea what I was doing, still no gains
>spent 2015 and 2016 going once in a blue moon, ate like shit, etc
>since the last week of January I've been going to the gym once a week, focusing on proper form, and trying to eat enough calories and protein
>went today and did 5x5 bench press, 5x5 squat, and 3 or 4x5 overhead press
I think my problem is that I'm an autismo and I stop doing something if I can't immediately see my actions. I'm obsessed with not putting in any effort unless I can maximize my return, so instead of just constantly going to the gym for the last 4 years, I've been going on and off because I can't find the perfect circumstances. I think if I had a trainer I would be jacked in no time, because I would have no problem working out daily and eating 3000+ calories a day. I just am too dumb to do anything without worrying that I'm wasting my time, or doing something inefficiently. Hopefully that will change soon, I went to the gym twice this week and I plan to go 3 times next week. I don't want to be some huge bodybuilder, I just don't want to be such a skinny lanky weakling anymore. I wish I had had a friend to lift with in 2013, I would have reached my goal by now if I had.
>>
>>34951734
Both. I'm a 6'0 130 lb skelly but I haven't weighed myself since doing GOMAD. I started going to the gym regularly 6 months ago and now I'm finally starting to see good results. Also I go to uni so the milk's free
>>
>>34951528
how many hours of sleep do you get every night anon
>>
>I have stopped and started working out for different amounts of time like three or four different times since I was 16 (19 now) never have made any good gains, just wasted time and energy.
>>
>>34951817
hey what's GOMAD?
>>
>>34951415
>People think just lifting will make them /fit/
>Literally have to eat 6 meals a day and make sure you get enough protein daily
>Lift for hours each day.
>Have to change up your routine every couple weeks or muscle growth stops.
>Need mandatory 8-9 of sleep daily to allow muscles to rest.
>Need to do this for years to build up an acceptable amount of muscle.
>>
>>34952696
Gallon of (Whole) Milk A Day. It's usually done by people who have barely any muscle but also almost no body fat, so it's kind of a desperate measure to gain body weight fast. Never tried it but don't really need to either.
>>
File: FUCKING DO IT.png (189KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING DO IT.png
189KB, 660x400px
>>34952734
This post is bullshit.

JUST FUCKING LIFT
FUCKING LIFT GOD DAMMIT
JUST DO IT
FUCKING
DO
IT
JUST FUCKING DO IT
JUST FUCKING LIFT
LIFT GOD DAMMIT DO IT FUCKING LIFT
JUST FUCKING LIFT
DO IT
JUST DO IT
FUCKING
DO IT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>34952930
Jesus fucking Christ... More pseudoscience from /fit/?
>>
>started lifting a month ago
>already getting lazy, not doing that many sets, and eating junk food again
its fucking hard!!!
>>
File: Maxime Faget.jpg (28KB, 320x425px) Image search: [Google]
Maxime Faget.jpg
28KB, 320x425px
>>34951415
>>February 18th, 2017
>been lifting for like a year
>have visible abs, decent biceps, 6' tall 160lbs, can run several miles without getting tired

Still no GF
>>
>>34952734
Not necessarily true. Over the course of the past month and a half, I've gained about 2 pounds of muscle and lost 1 pound of body fat. I only work out 3 times a week and the rest of the days are rest and low cardio (130-150 hr range). I eat two times a day but offset my first meal for about 4-5 hours after I wakeup and then eat my next meal in the next 7-8 hours. Of course both meals are large enough to meet my macros and I sometimes have coffee in between meals. My workouts are based on reverse pyramid training (starting with my current max to get the most effort out of my muscle groups) and take place generally in the morning after I wake up. I also don't take any supplements besides some bcaas and melatonin to help me rest well at night. Of course you can make gains many different ways, and my way is not for everyone but so far I've been satisfied with the results. Ps. I don't know if this makes any difference, but when it comes to working out my mindset is focused more on getting stronger than getting bigger. I mean this can vary by your goals but I think that a dude who weighs 160 and can lift the same weight someone who weighs 250 lifts is more impressive than any kind of huge mass gains.
>>
I used to do a whole variety of exercises but now I just normally do 3x8 bench press, 3x8 standing press, 3x8 bicep curls, and 3x12 dumbell curls, and normally after this my arms hurt too much to do more (plus im too lazy to push myself) is it enough? I do this mon wed and fri.
>>
>>34953093
legs and abs nigga
>>
>>34953013
I mean it is something that is talked about in the lifting community outside of /fit/ but I honestly don't see it as the best approach to gain mass (specially considering all the possible side effects)
>>
>>34953111
I was thinking of doing those on the days inbetween but I read that 6 days a week is to much.
>>
>>34951415
>Lifted weights for years
>Still short ugly and a wizard
>Only lift for the health benefits and to prevent myself from becoming even more repulsive.

It's life.

I laugh when people think lifting weights gets you women. Maybe if you're some tall/handsome/average/white guy.
>>
>>34951415
I am too scrawny

i dont know how to gain weight
>>
>>34951528
Lifting your own body getting out of bed doesn't count retard
>>
>im that guy that runs away from everything and all his problems
>somehow go to the gym everyday
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.