[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am starting a busboy job tomorrow. What am I in for?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: 1444617379496.png (399KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1444617379496.png
399KB, 680x418px
I am starting a busboy job tomorrow. What am I in for?
>>
>>34948982
>What am I in for?

Hell
>>
>>34948982
Just relive the times you were comfy and happy in your head
>>
>>34948982
bussing tables
>>
>>34949093
>>34949050
I've worked retail before. Is it sill that bad comparatively?
>>
>>34949182
Haha retail is nothing compared to being a busboy. Prepare to be on your feet constantly, be bored af, constantly cleaning up after others, etc.
>>
it's not that bad if you talk to the Mexicans in the kitchen and the fags hosting for fun. server's are just drama though.
>>
File: Mattis.png (292KB, 485x370px) Image search: [Google]
Mattis.png
292KB, 485x370px
>>34948982
LMAO

OP, youre fucked! Prepare for the worst time of your life, you little bitch boy!

>clean other peoples messes all day
>be yelled at for not slaving fast enough
>looked down on as "boy" by employees and customers
>laughed at by waitresses
>mexican dishwashers outrank you
>never appreciated
>"busboy! Clean my table better while me and my children sit at it, staring at you!"
>get no money

You will regret the job almost instantly.
Join the military like I did. Im much happier.
>>
>>34949371
servers*

oregineel correction
>>
File: 1487268697933.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1487268697933.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>34949182
You are going to fucking hate it. I've worked in many kitchens, and it's probably one of the least respected and worst jobs ever.

Hope you don't have ANY social anxiety. You'll want to kill yourself every day
>>
Dude if you have a working car immediately quit and just deliver pizza or chinese food, not only will you make more money, it's piss easy,

I make $20/hour delivering chines food on the weekend night usually, sometimes more,
>>
Actual busboy here. Not too hard, depending on the restuarant.
>when server seats the guests, fill waters, engage in small talk.
>always serve on customer's left, remove plates on their right.
>ask before removing dishes, plates.
>rest tables when finished, wipe table, replace setting or silverware ,etc.
>depending on where you are, make coffee, heat bread, make ice tea, fold napkins, Make settings.
>if it's a higher end place, you might serve bread. In that case, heat/cut up bread. 2 slices person per table.
Spare time, just do what ppl ask of you, polish silverware, make settings, fold napkins, etc.
It's not super hard, you'll be ok.
>>
>>34948982
I was a busboy before. Heres a quick run down of the shit you have to go through:

>Loud yelling children
>Angry families
>Chad telling you to clean his table in front of him and his gf
>Literally everyone demeaning you because of your job
>Parents whispering to their kids. "See? Thats what will happen to you if you dont go to school."
> Shit wage
>Cleaning up after tables with kids is a fucking mess
>Cleaning up puke
>Cleaning the bathrooms and all the shit thats everywhere
>Waiters yell at you because you're not bussing fast enough. The faster you bus the more they get paid
>Managers yelling at you for not paying more attention to detail when bussing tables (making your wonder whether you should buss fast and do a mediocre job to get the waiters to stop yelling at you or bus slower and make the table spotless so that the manager stops yelling at you
>be the butt of everyones jokes

Thats all I can think of right now.
>>
>>34949567
Holy shit where did you work, it's never that bad for me.
>>
>>34949591
Applebees.Literally the shittiest restaurant at a very busy location.
>>
>>34949567 Truth.
>>34949591
I was a busser last summer. It was hell. Mediocre pay and shit to deal with. Not worth it.
>>
>>34949567
Are you me, bro? Did you work at a restaurant in Texas?

Sometimes I have thoughts about missing home and regretting the Navy.

Then I remember my old job. Exactly as you describe. EXACTLY. Spot on description anon. Made me feel better being out of that fucking job.
>>
File: 1452401947752.jpg (11KB, 280x238px) Image search: [Google]
1452401947752.jpg
11KB, 280x238px
>>34949448
I had a job delivering pizzas a few months ago and I can say that it was a great job.. while it lasted. I got fired the first night because I used some shady gps app and it directed me to the wrong house, they ended up giving the customer the meal free of charge. It sucks because it wasn't even my fault and it was the best job I have had.

This is just the only job I could find, and for now, at least until I find a new better one, I have to keep it in order to get my parents off my back while living here.

>>34949199
>>34949371
>>34949393
>>34949435
>>34949567
JUST
>>
>>34949741
yeah well get another delivery job asap, and use google maps on your phone for fucks sake

if something is unclear about a delivery you just call them and get the proper address/info
>>
>>34949686
haha, no no. I actually live in Florida. I'm pretty sure thats how most bussing jobs go, though. So you and I went through run of the mill stuff. I wish I was young enough to join the military. It seems like a good place to make a career out of. Especially if you can avoid seeing actual battle or being in danger.
>>
File: Old-Sailor--92830.jpg (126KB, 800x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Old-Sailor--92830.jpg
126KB, 800x1194px
>>34949741
Just join the Navy. I already told you this. It's not hard. Quit being a bitch about it.
>>
File: 1450292537533.png (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450292537533.png
39KB, 600x600px
>>34949873
I doubt I would pass the psychological evaluation. I wouldn't want that kind of life anyway.
>>
>>34949567
>"See? Thats what will happen to you if you dont go to school."

True , and one of the most retarded things normies say. I don't really understand why they say things like that. Jaime Escalante and Chevy Chase were both busboys.
>>
>>34948982

What kind of restaurant are you working in?

I worked in a small Italian restaurant as a busser and it was actually pretty nice. Free food and most of my coworkers were pretty chill potheads.
>>
>>34949979
The funniest thing about it, to me at the time at least, was that I was going to law school at the time and that I had a bachelors degree from university. All I could think was that I was probably more educated than that shitter who said that.
>>
When I was a server, I always appreciated my busboy and always gave him some of my tip. I always thought that was common. I guess that's why my boys always helped me out with refills and whatnot.
No homo.
>>
worst job you will ever have trust me you will be happier working at mcdonalds instead. slaving your ass off for some mediocre pay is not worth it. and if you have any self esteem issues or social amxiety u will wamt to kill urself every day. please jjust find another job, i bussed for 2 years and it killed my self esteem. from being made fun of constantly to getting yelled at by the manager for not working fast enough. You are literally a slave. Those 2 years of being a bussboy were the worst in my life. I now work a trade job and i'm way happier. please save yourself the suffering and get a different job
>>
>>34950068
He can always work as a busser and look for jobs when he has free time. He just has to keep this job to get his parents off his back, it seems.
>>
File: tumblr_nwf6qoSDee1ujp1tso1_500.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwf6qoSDee1ujp1tso1_500.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>34948982
If you make friends, it can be pretty fun.
if you don't, it will be fucking horrible.

>t. Robot-fluid ex busboy
>>
>>34949741
As someone who drove box trucks and did deliverys for two years that was just painful to read.

It's a pizza job dude how do you mess that up. If the numbers on the house dont match what's on the paperwork you're at the wrong place, simple as that.

>Inb4 address is wrong on paper

Happened to me twice in two years, and it was very obvious when the address was wrong. No excuses.
>>
File: thw.jpg (17KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
thw.jpg
17KB, 300x232px
>>34949741

Know that feel anon, know. that. feel.
>>
File: 1483249712240.png (8KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
1483249712240.png
8KB, 193x261px
>>34950769
It's hard to explain but it took me down this really long remote driveway to this old half barn half house type building. It was night and I couldn't make out much, plus factor in my anxiety and that it rose exponentially when the gps wouldn't direct me anywhere else. By the time I called the people, they were already super pissed. Whatever, it was months ago.

>>34951012
Thanks, anon. Share if you want, I'm super bored.
>>
Not too bad depending on the restaurant. I'm a busser at a certain pizza chain in california. Here's what I do.
>Clean tables
>Roll silverware
>I don't clean restrooms. The morning busser does that
>Servers must prebuss their tables. If they don't I just skip their tables. Fuck them
>Mop the walk-in fridge
>Clean the lemonade machine
>Take out the trash in my station
>Vacuum at the end of the night

It's pretty comfy desu. I don't talk to or deal with customers. If a customer asks for something I'll get their server and tell them their tables need them. I make 70% of the tipout. I get ripped out by the servers and the bartender seperately. In a normal night iake around $100 in tips plus my hourly pay. When itgets super busy I make around 130-150 in one single night. Plus, all the servers are women and I've fuxked a few of them. They've asked me if I want to move up to server but I don't wanna talk to customers.
>>
>>34951870
Chad (pbuh) get out!
>>
>>34951988
I'm not a Chad. I'm a Manlet plus I'm not white. There's a Chad at work but he's a good guy.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.