[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: I worked on a sex line

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

This time last year I used to work on a text based "dating" text service
>People would join and believe they were matched with girls who lived near them.
>I would have to reply to 100/150 messages every minute, from different men acting as different profiles
>People on there would be messaging the same fake profile for months, even years in some cases believing that they were a real person, and would eventually get a meet
>These people spent literally thousands of pounds to speak to a fake profile
I had to leave in the end because it was too immoral. It really made me think how lonely people can go to resort to that.
I've got loads of stories I can share though
>>
>>34948176
share something salacious please op
>>
>>34948176
Please share some stories
>>
>>34948210
Yes i want to hear these stories
>>
>>34948210
>>34948205
Okay I'll give you a few ideas of the types of people
>A guy who would text to enact his gunge fantasies, not even with the profile, but have you describe a game show scenario with celebrities
>would top up around a hundred pound credit, and pop up to 30 girls at once
>have around an hour of gunging conversations with each one then run out of money until next week
he was really weird
>>
OP here, this one is kind of sad really
On the gay line
>Old man in his 70s who had a wife that had died around 10 years ago
>He had always been gay but never come out, had a few experiences in his younger life but kept it secret
>Admits he loves his wife, but it was a different love
>Rarely talked about sex, would always be romantic and send really lofty sentences like
>"Richard you are the wind that lifts my spirits my furry little fella I love you XOXOX
I really felt bad about that guy
>>
Another weirdo from it
>Guy was obsessed with having his cock destroyed
>Got off on the idea of having his cock stomped on by a dominatrix
>If you refused a meet with him or was slow to text him he would get really angry and start insulting the girls loads
>One day I got annoyed and agreed to meet him
>He had just been at the job centre and I said I was coming down in a taxi now
>Made him wait 3/4 hours using all types of excuses
>After that he stopped texting for a week
Felt a little bad about that one
>>
>>34948318
I didn't come here for feels my man
>>
Is it really that those people are super-lonely, or is it just that there's a human tendency to believe that the other person you're talking to must be for real? I've been catfished at least three times by people who spoke to me for days before I finally figured out for sure they were fakes, but in the meantime I feel like I had no other option but to treat them as essentially real.

Can you also tell us about how this worked? It was entirely text-based and online? How much were you paid, what was the rate? Who ran the business and how did you find out about it to get the job?
>>
How much did it pay???
>>
As well as texting on the message queue as these fake profiles, I would have to deal with people ringing up and topping up their credit.
It would be so strange sexting with some guy for an hour and then he ring you up and start making small talk, as if he doesn't know you can see everything he has done.
>Anyway, onetime this guy starts texting a few girls in all caps
>He seems standard at first, asking for dirty chat
>After a while of talking to one of the profiles, he says he is in prison and using a phone he's plugged up his arse
>Once his credit runs out on his phone, he rings me to top up
>Sounds proper rough and he tells me on the phone he was in prison
>I was so close to telling him to stop wasting his money with it because it would get him nowhere but I didn't want to risk my job
>He couldn't top up anyway, and we just ended up talking for 20 minutes
He was a pretty cool guy desu
>>
>>34948417
>>34948379
basically they thought they were using a text based service. once they signed up they were sent texts with profiles of "other singles."
If they wished to talk to them they would text join and get through to our profiles.

At peak times there would be 2 people in the office, dealing with the queue of messages. In order to stop fuck ups, we'd have to make notes attached to the conversations so if another person jumped on he wouldn't fuck it up
>E.G "USER doesn't like dirty talk" or "PROFILE has a son, use that to get out of meets"
It paid 7POUNDS an hour plus every text over 125 in the hour got you 10p more, could earn 12POUNDS an hour sometimes.
>>
>>34948537
People really pay to get texted sexually? It's really that fucking bad? Why don't they see a whore or a strip club or at least a cam model?
>>
There was one guy
>In a "relationship" with profile for 3 years
>The conversation had around 100 notes, before I started I was given a talk about this guys relationship alone and how to handle it
>He would get tired of asking to meets up until the point where he'd threaten to quit, so they invented reasons for her not to come
>Her sister ended up dying, so she had to take care of her sisters kid being one of the reasons
>When the guy would flip out about not meeting, we were taught to put it on him, saying he's not making the effort with the relationship if he doesn't text
That was probably one of the saddest ones on there, definitely my reason for quitting
>>
>>34948437

Are you female? I'm just confused here. Did they hire females because some of the work was answering phones?
>>
>>34948583
You have to remember it is advertised as a dating thing, a lot of the people go on there believing they are actually speaking to another person.
Of course a lot do just go there for dirty talk, like 30 percent of it is just that.
>>
>>34948623
No I am a male, and the only phone calls we do are to do with topping up credit or customer complaints, if someone tries to talk dirty on the phone (which they did a lot) we just hang up.
Everyone who worked there was a guy, and im sure everyone there but me was gay
>>
>>34948602
he deserves it for being so stupid desu
>>
>>34948602

So this business didn't even attempt to have a sort of "plausible deniability" in the workplace that you were providing an "entertainment service" and "roleplaying"? You were actively conspiring to lie to these people, creating fake profiles and sharing the details among eachother?

It just sounds like something that must be illegal somehow.

Who do you think ran this business? Did you ever meet the owners\creators? How much do you think they were making?
>>
There was this blind guy who would text, and he had topped up over 100,000 pounds worth of credit over the four years he'd be joined up
>He was really filthy, into shit, period blood pissing
>He'd text about 5 girls each day, sometimes just talking about his work and his life, other times just to talk filthy
>He had a carer who looked after him and his mother, who he suspected was stealing from him as they were both blind
>All the texts were read out to him through his phone, god knows what they sounded like
>Even though he was a pervert he made me laugh
>"I want you to take a shit in my mouth and I can suck it like a smelly werthers original"
>>
>>34948739
I think that in the small print somewhere there must have been something that said it.
I only dealt with the messages and calls, I never saw how it was advertised or how they got customers.
I know who runs it and I did meet the owners, and judging by the top up payments I'd say they were making at least 40,000 a week, not taking into account the money they would get from the phone companies from just texting.
It is mad, you can see the users on there who have been doing it years and some have over 50,000 put into texts
>>
There was one guy who'd text who I absolutely hated
>his wife was terminally ill with cancer, was in hopsital
>He would always text in, almost daily
>He would talk to girls and would get on the idea of innocent young girls, wouldn't talk to you if you were over 25
>Would try be really charming and witty in this really creepy way, was open about his wife being ill
>Would text all night trying to arrange a meet, and if you put it off, he would stop texting and move on to a different profile the next day
He was a scumbag I always felt sorry for his poor wife
>>
Who's still in here?
Thinking back now after what >>34948739 said it must be illegal. The people who own it will be clever though otherwise it wouldn't have been running for this long.
>>
>>34948898
I'm here OP, these are great, please continue you smelly werthers
>>
Back before the Internet the scam eas phone party chat lines. Some girl was always on to encourage all the thirsty cucks to remain online for $3.99 or so a minute!
>>
>>34948931
haha there was one guy who didn't top up that often you could tell he was really poor, but he was a really nice guy, he would ask your name on the phone when topping up and remember who it was next time
>He'd top up one day and text this profile he'd been texting for ages
>Being really friendly and nice, trying to catch up and talk as much as he can with 10 pounds credit, saying I love you after every text
>As his money is going he's begging her to meet or give him her real number
>Have to make excuses and put it off
>He stops texting
Phone rings
>"Oh hey anon how are you?"
>"I really shouldn't be doing this because it is my last tenner but I really think she's going to meet me this time"
>He gets his credit and tries his hardest to persuade her
>Once his money runs out don't hear from him for weeks
I really felt sorry for that guy
>>
>>34948632
Huh. So this is what all those "Meet hot singles in your area!" services actually do?

That's insightful.
>>
>>34948176
>I left in the end because it's immoral

Deal with it, this world is a cold, cruel place. If it' puts food on the table, you do it.
>>
>Night shifts in the office were really quiet, just me working
>Worked 11PM - 7AM, English lines were dead and the Australian service was just starting up so would only have 2 texts a minute
>In the time not spent texting I was supposed to create more fake profiles, using images from anywhere/everywhere
>People I worked with literally used girls on their facebook and worse, it was so immoral
>Anyway I never did that and just went on 4chan all night
>Office was in the middle of town so on a weekend had friends that would come and stay with me in the office
>>
>>34948797

What was your office actually like? Was it modern and spacious? Or was it more like someone's apartment?

Did you and your coworkers ever joke between eachother about the customers? Did you ever discuss with any of them your feelings about the morality of it?

Why do you suspect most of them were gay? Did you have to be good at 'sexting' and writing erotic stuff to get hired?

How did you get hired? Did you submit a resume?
>>
>>34949041
I know but I didn't want to be a part of it anymore, if it wasn't me doing it I know it would just be someone else, but it wasn't good for me, I would work 6 days off, then have 1 day to sort my sleeping pattern out before doing 6 days again. I would work 11PM - 7AM weeks alternate with 7AM - 3PM weeks, it was stressful
>>
>>34948739
>>34948898
I mean, it is technically 'dating' so I guess that's how they get around it.
>>
>>34949101
What was your office actually like? Was it modern and spacious? Or was it more like someone's apartment?
>Built on top of a nightclub, fairly modern, one room for me and whoever else would be on doing the profiles, then a glass wall separating us from the managers and people who would be doing telephone stuff unrelated to the sexting. It was a proper business

Did you and your coworkers ever joke between eachother about the customers? Did you ever discuss with any of them your feelings about the morality of it?

Yeah of course. If we were swapping shifts over we would run each other through what people were on. Sometimes we'd make in jokes with people like naming a made up sex position so the other person would have to do it. Everyone there knew it was immoral, but viewed the customers as scum who deserved it really.

Why do you suspect most of them were gay? Did you have to be good at 'sexting' and writing erotic stuff to get hired?
>I knew most were, and the two people I'm not sure of just seemed it. Yes, after my interview they put me on the adult queue and asked me to sext as dirty as I could. That is what got me the job. The key is to tease and build it up.
How did you get hired? Did you submit a resume?
>My friend got me the job. He found it through a job site. It was advertised as a "call centre operative" to him so he got a shock when he went in for it.
>>
>>34949041
Shut the fuck up. There are pockets of light and decency all over the world, unless you are literally forced to it's pointless staying in a soul sucking, immoral job.
>>
>>34949134
Oh, in that case I understand, I thought you meant something else, working 6 days a week is never a good thing. No matter what you're doing, no matter how much money you're making, it's always a bad thing.
>>
>>34949136
Yeah I suppose
One guy was really tragic actually.
>His wife had died in a car accident some years ago, and I am sure he was left brain damaged by it.
>He would open up to every girl in the first message about his dead wife
>His second message would always be like "diane used to love wearing swimming costumes on holiday and sometimes she would go on nudist beaches? Have you ever done that?"
>It was as if he just wanted to relive a holiday he had had with his wife
He was a very tragic figure
>>
>>34949211
>>34949231
this job was the definition of soul sucking..
You would be surprised how many guys that are married with kids and in LTRs were on here trying to hook up, especially with gay guys.
SO many people closeted looking for a hookup. It made me think
>>
>>34949247

Okay so you have a bunch of these stories where the guys were pretty tragic, but did you ever consider that some of them were making things up for sympathy? One thing I've noticed with the guys who've catfished me is that they portrayed themselves as women in desperate situations and in need of protection... is is that possible? Did you ever catch any of these texters in claims that you realised were probably false or based on lies?

Thanks for the thread, stories, and answers so far btw.
>>
>>34948318
Fucking Richard, should've at least gave him a blowie.
>>
>>34948853
you are the scum bag
>>
>>34949298
good point that mate and yeah there were a few times you would catch them out.
I remember someone was texting one profile saying his mum had just died and when I went on to another conversation with him he had said it was his sister.
I think after working there it became obvious to spot the liars and genuine people
There was someone who would threaten to kill himself if we didn't meet him then said he'd taken a load of pills to overdose. We had to alert police. He started to do it more often and we ended up having to ban him
>>
>>34949392
You can't defend a guy that is literally trying to hook up with women with his wife dying of cancer in the hospital. That's downright cold.
>>
>>34948176
>100/150 messages every minute
>replying to two messages per second

Bullshit.
>>
There was one guy on the Australian one who was weird
>He would only talk to the young looking profiles, latch onto one for a few weeks, admitting his love then move on
>He would never pester for a meet, and seemed to enjoy just talking.
>One night he tells me he had been arrested and had to go court for sexual assault
>He says he had simply walked into the wrong toilet and a college and a girl told on him
>Deep down I know there was a lot more sinister reason
>>
>>34948853
If the genders were switched /r9k/ would be frothing at the mouth.
>>
>>34949467
I meant to put 100/150 an hour, says it here how many texts got you paid
>>34948537
>>
>>34949211
Apparently me and you lived two very different lives. You'll learn one day though, that money does buy happiness.
>>
>One guy who would text a lot, two girls a day
>He had a wife and son with autism, never hid this fact and talked openly about how he hated his family
>Would get really aggressive if he thought the profiles were messing him around
>One day his son had a football game and he didn't go, instead topped up around 100 pounds and texted as many girls he could he had a free house to shag in
>Made my blood boil thinking about the poor kid having to live with him as a father
>One day he pops up to the gay chat looking for cock?
I really thought about blackmailing that guy. If I thought it out I could have done. Saved the texts from a girl he was very close with, photoshopped it so they looked like screengrabs off a phone then text him saying i'd tell his wife. I had his number and home address he'd sent when trying to arrange a meet.
I never could go through with it, that is criminal and I suspect it would break up the family
>>
would this not be considered fraudulent?

now that you've left have you considered reporting your former employers? they are essentially profiting off the loneliness of others
>>
File: 1460481435100.png (980KB, 1618x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460481435100.png
980KB, 1618x1000px
>>34948359
found your man
>>
>>34949740
I have thought about the moral and legal implications but I won't report them. They must have found a way to do it legally otherwise how would it still be running
>>
>>34949745
kek could actually be him, although I remember he wasn't as articulate
>>
>>34949788
lots of employers operate illegally, even in countries like the UK and Australia (where im from)

there's a sandwich shop around the corner from my house which pays indian students A$12 to work and they do it because they cant get any other work

FYI the minimum wage in retail in Australia is about A$19/hour. For a casual (25% loading) it is about A$24/hour so really they are paying half the minimum award
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.