[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a person wrongly consider themselves friendless?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Let's say a person grows up watching TV shows where the characters are always hanging out together. They do everything together, and don't seem to have any personal lives. Everything they do revolves around each other. Whenever something is troubling one character, everyone else drops everything to help them out.

Said person grows up thinking that this what normal friendships/relationships are supposed to be like, and when reality doesn't match up, they incorrectly believe that their "friends" aren't really friends and that nobody cares about them.

Is this a thing?
>>
>>34943903
That's exactly how I feel!
I mean, studying, working etc takes a lot of time, too.
Of the people I know, most either have a small, tight circle of friends, or are the partying/going to bars kind of person that doesnot really bother with doing that much for university.
>>
>>34943903
Also, imagine somebody would cut a week of your life down to 25mins of tv-show - I guess maybe it would not be that bad, either?
>>
>>34944085
no it's still really fucking bad man
do you know where you are? some of us don't even leave our 150 sq ft apartments except to work with people who don't care whether we get hit by a bus on the way or not
>>
>>34943903
More robots need to see this, but as the robot prevents classical bumping, I would suggest posting this at another time with a changed letter and some vagina or a pepe (probably both, to be safe)
>>
>>34944141
Okay I'm sorry. But in this light, a "normal" life might seem a little bit more achievable than when you expect living in a 24/7 superclose brofriends group
>>
>>34943903
I consider myself friendless even though I am perfectly aware that I am lying to myself.
>>
>>34943903
Ok, what is the average friendship like?
>>
Conceivably yes but I don't think many people here have been tricked like that.

>>34944202
Robots don't need to see this.
>>
just wondering
are your friends supposed to talk to you?
at work they do but after work I speak to no one at all, no plans no nothing, I've been off for a week and no one has spoken to me
>>
File: sodachi (2).png (1MB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sodachi (2).png
1MB, 1094x1500px
What's a friend anyway? I had people back in school that I would talk to about mostly trivial stuff when at school and spend time with but never interact outside of school. Does that mean I had friends?

Also, what about a situation where I had someone I'd even call an actual friend, that I interacted with on my free time occasionally back in elementary school. After this our ways parted until in the last year of high school he send me a steam friend request out of the blue. I've ran into him once randomly IRL and haven't really met him since elementary school, yet we talk over the internet and play vidya together occasionally. Am I friendless or not?
>>
>>34944403
I consider those types friendly acquaintances but not friends. I think friends should take initiative more than 0% of the time.
>>
>>34944615
so I have no friends, just friendly acquaintances
>>
File: 1371277412383.png (80KB, 227x215px) Image search: [Google]
1371277412383.png
80KB, 227x215px
>>34943903
>girl has tons of online friends and orbiters
>even has IRL friends she can hang out with
>whines about having no friends
Why is it only females who seem to be this entitled and selfish? Guys will acknowledge they have friends even if they only talk to one or two people online, because they want actual substance to their relationships and not just meaningless attention. Every time, I fucking swear.
>>
I sometimes end up having acquaintances, some of them not too bad.
But I'm not what you'd close "close" to them, they're usually just acquaintances, however well I manage to get along with them. They usually don't know shit about me, and I always intend to keep it that way.
See, I'm really a boring whiny conflicted person, but of course society expects one to man up and not bother people with this shit. So whenever I end up letting out my shit to people I usually feel ashamed, I am no longer the somewhat lighthearted guy they thought.
Usually I have to get out of there, letting other people know I'm actually weak and vulnerable is a no-no, fucking cruel world n shit.
Anyway, I also always end up growing out of the people I hang out with, and it's funny because even the people who thought they knew me well end up actually not knowing me at all.
>>
>>34944731
This frustrates me because even my parents are like that. It's so shitty that everyone arojnd me is like that. Nobody really knows
>>
>>34944731
>>34944825
>not cultivating meaningful relationships with people
>expecting them to listen to your bullshit at a moment's notice
fuck off whinyfags
>>
File: 1486709879026.png (50KB, 767x862px) Image search: [Google]
1486709879026.png
50KB, 767x862px
I've thought about this. I still don't really understand the concept of friends. Especially since many "friends" in this age are just another notch in the belt with how social media works. You see people make "new friends" in 1 day and then they're already referring to them as their friends when they barely know eachother. Idk, I have no friends anymore thanks to myself
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.