[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what can i do to make my living more comfy and enjoyable?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1478256836147.jpg (10KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1478256836147.jpg
10KB, 250x246px
what can i do to make my living more comfy and enjoyable?
>>
drink more water

origami
>>
File: warrenspeakagainstwhiteman.jpg (142KB, 1284x618px) Image search: [Google]
warrenspeakagainstwhiteman.jpg
142KB, 1284x618px
inb4 become a trap for some fucking gay agenda reason
>>
>>34939383

avoid people...other people remind me how there are people who are happy
>>
>>34939383
since i found a decent job and quit being a neet and leech society for 5 years,somehow i became more comfy.i have no anxiety attack.i have a gf.for first time in my life i feel like a decent human being
>>
>>34939383

Open yourself up, interact with things.
Find people like yourself, or find yourself in the world.
>>
to thine own self be true
>>
get one of these
>>
File: fps doug.png (87KB, 167x221px) Image search: [Google]
fps doug.png
87KB, 167x221px
>>34939556

>someone is neet/shutin/doesn't leave the house very often/
>find people like yourself
>>
Do yoga or stretching excercises when you wake up

You have no idea how much better this will make you feel. And it takes like 10 minutes.
>>
Drink tea, read books, play visual novels like Everlasting Summer, learn to cook.
>>
>>34939614

Thank God for the internet https://discord.gg/7mXCF
>>
Drink warm water only

It will make you feel comfy inside
>>
>>34939532
>>34939556
two contradictions
>>
>>34939808
It's almost as if those two posts came from different people
>>
>>34939383
Follow the memes. Seriously follow the fucking memes.

I don't know the specifics of your situation, like whether you are lonely, or depressed or what's bugging you but I can offer you some general advice.

Change your lifestyle gradually, but surely

>Eat better food
You know what you should and shouldn't eat. Im not going to go over obvious shit like don't drink soda all day. If you're fat you can try intermittent fasting (has positive mental effect also). Get more veggies in, or atleast supplement with some vitamins (B-complex vitamins are great for your brain + fish oil)

>Exercise
One of the real gamechangers. Read up on the cognitive effects of exercise, I recommend "Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain". It can stomp on depression, lower anxiety, even potentially help with BPD and ADD. Go for aerobic exercise (cardio) rather than weights, and do it everyday (or atleast 3+ days/week) for a few weeks to notice results. Swimming and cycling are my favourites

>Sleep
Even more beneficial would be sleeping during the night (don't stay up till 5am cuz it messes with your hormones and shit). Get your 8 hours (supplement Melotonin if needed)

Change your mindset gradually, but surely
Again, I don't know your situation so I can only offer the most general advice

>Meditate
It's boring, it's frustrating and it seems useless, I know. But stick to it. The problem with us robots is that our brain reward systems are so fucked by the internet and our pathetic lifestyles that we can't stick with something unless we get instant gratification from it. A month of daily 10-20 minute meditation and you will begin to notice you handle stress more easily and can tolerate it better

Supplement with shit
>Ashwagandha
>Bacopa Monnieri
>Fish oil
>St.John's wort
>L-theanine
>Chamomile

Cut out coffee if you are anxious
Regulate your negative self-talk and don't put yourself down. Wallowing in self- pity doesn't help.
>>
>>34939467
>>34940968
>>34939654
upboat for these
>>
>>34940968
Thank you, anon. For some reason you've made me tear up a bit. I will follow this advice as best as I can.
>>
>>34939383
I want to be comfie as well, I am so tired.
>>
5-htp and Kratom.
>>
>>34940968
I can vouch for most of this.

I have no experience with meditation, but he's completely right about the reward system and dopamine hits.

I have no experience with those supplements either.

Apart from those, I can say that everything he wrote is right.
>>
>>34942415
Meditation is nice, it makes you aware of stuff you weren't before, and makes you care less about useless stuff you were aware of before. For example, in a few months of meditation, I realized I hold shitloads of tension in my neck and jaw (they were almost permanently flexed in stressful situations). I consciously worked on relaxing them and it contributed to making me less anxious. Physical tension is often a product of anxiety, but dealing with it eases the anxiety also. Also, meditating made me care less for things that were previously horifying like speaking about myself with or infront of people I don't know well. This resulted in a laid back and ultimately succesful college interview that would have been impossible for my previous self.

I dont know about L-theanine, but I can share some info about the others if you don't want to bother with Examine.com (really nice site if you're into supplements)

>Ashwagandha
Eases anxiety, improves brain function (focus and clarity), improves sleep and does a fuckload of other things. Takes ~month to notice effects

>Bacopa
Eases anxiety, improves brain function (faster and stronger memory and less brain fog) and does other shit. Again ~month to work

>St.John's wort
Supposedly works just as well as some depression medications. Has instantaneous effect on mood and even greater effects if taken long-term. Fucks with your stomach enzymes tho

Ask me if you need any advice, I have embarked on the path of self-improvement and because of my obsessive and sometimes perfectionist inclinations, I have accumulated fucktons of useless knowledge on the subject. I guess here it's not so useless so I'd like to share.

Comfyness is tangible, anon-bros, it just takes commitment
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.