[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you raise your children like your parents raised you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: 14848524.jpg (7KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
14848524.jpg
7KB, 400x267px
Would you raise your children like your parents raised you?
>>
File: no heck.jpg (16KB, 406x426px) Image search: [Google]
no heck.jpg
16KB, 406x426px
>>34936131
I'm a 32 yr old virgin whose never going to have kids, thankfully

originally, though
>>
File: wan.png (496KB, 484x470px) Image search: [Google]
wan.png
496KB, 484x470px
>wanting children

I'll never understand normies
>>
i can't morally justify bringing a child into the world with the kind of man i am
>>
I'm a wizard, but if I was ever given the opportunity to have children, I wouldn't because I know I'd be a shitty father.
>>
>>34936131
I dont want to have kids, too many people are suffering already
>>
>>34936162
>whose
Yeah I can see why
>>
>>34936131
>Would you raise your children like your parents raised you?

No, absolutely not
my parents were uneducated farmers from India, I could definitely do a better job than they did

and not just about their background, I mean my dad was a great guy, if I was raised by him alone I think I would have been a lot happier. My mom however is a genuine narcissist who I am not even sure cares about me at all, definitely didn't care about raising me, except simply to go through the motions because that is what she was expected by society to do. Because of this she often got frustrated and yelled at me or hit me for no reason

One time when I was young I was having trouble with multiplication tables or something, I remember my mom hitting me until I said the right answer

If I ever were to raise children it wouldn't be the way my parents did it. In fact I am not even sure if I want my mother to meet any children I might have. That being said I agree with the other anons, this is worthless to worry about being I will never have kids in the first place
>>
File: 1484054969384.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1484054969384.gif
885KB, 500x418px
>>34936131
So actually trying to raise a child?
>>
I don't wanna have kids. But, nevertheless, no. My parents were drunks, but still wellfunctioning family. My mother had a stable job, same with stepdad. I don't hate my growing up, but i wouldn't raide my children the same way.
>>
File: 1476352431590.jpg (55KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1476352431590.jpg
55KB, 957x621px
rather die desu
>>
>>34936131
Not interested in children, but if I did find myself with one, I'd seppuku on the front lawn before I treated him/her/them/xhe/xhor/ xzym/ xzyum the way my parents treated me.
>>
>>34936131
Having children requires sex, impossible task.
>>
>>34936131
Hypothetically speaking, no.
I was raised by a single mother with clear signs of mental illness.
She was the kind to get triggered by almost anything and was seemingly in a constant state of anger. She was also a bad combination of dumb and violent. Simple non-issues always escalated to me being hit, yelled at, or something of mine being smashed.

My mom just had no concept of how to deal with issues other than yelling or hitting. So no, if I had kids I wouldn't raise them like my mom raised me.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 236x354px
Probably, I like to think I was raised well

>taught good work ethic
>taught basic life skills
>masculine alpha father who taught me all the standard dad shit
>wasn't sheltered or treated like a special snowflake
>was punished appropriately for misbehaving
>given enough freedom to make my own mistakes and learn from them

I blame the parents of NEETs for raising degenerate losers, laziness and a victim complex are leaned behaviours.
>>
>>34936525
>was punished appropriately for misbehaving
Do you believe punishment is an important aspect of parenthood?
>>
>>34936131
>nobody paid any attention to me whatsoever
>to make up for it mother would praise me for being handsome genius and then call me stupid loser the next minute
>been NEET since 15
>22 now
>nobody cared until i had to move in with mother couple of months ago and she has to reap what she sew (aka pay for everything)
FUCK YOU BITCH, EAT IT UP!!!! DOES IT TASTE GOOD, HUH?! This is all your fault.
>>
>>34936573

Yes, learning as a child that certain actions have negative repercussions is an important part of life. Otherwise you end up with fat retards who live at home and think they can glide through life without working. People who aren't punished as children ussually grow up to be beta and entitled.
>>
>>34936131

Of course, otherwise it's like I suffered for nothing.
>>
File: michiru (4).jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
michiru (4).jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
My parents are not to blame for my shortcomings as a human being. Sometimes the apple just falls far from the tree. They tried to raise me to be a functional and hard-working individual but I was always merely pretending to listen and did things in my own way.
>>
Most likely I'll never have children.

How I'd raise children if I had them would depend a lot on the mother. Most likely she'd interfere and try to make the kids shitty normalfags which is the worst end I can imagine. I'm sure I could pull them out of it though.

I don't understand you cucks who want to raise normalfags.
>>
>>34936646
Ready for your job to be automated away, wageslave?
>>
>>34936131
>Mother and Father constantly fought
>Blew minor things out of proportions
>Father killed the family dog because he got mad
>Ended up locking me and my sister in a closet for some reason (I forgot to put something away or something)
>Dad becomes minor alcoholic
>Kicked me and my sister out of the house multiple times throughout school
>Talked shit about both of us while he thought we were sleeping, I only ever understood because I started eavesdropping
>Never bonded over anything or any activities due to my asthma and his lack of patience
>Fastforward years later after I graduated and he tries to act like he is more supportive than he actually is
>Tried to bond with me over drinking

Nah.
>>
>>34936684
lol and the circle is complete.
>>
>>34936781

I'm self employed you fat retard
>>
I would take the time to explain my reasoning to my kids when a decision upset them in an adult to adult way,instead of the phrase "because I said so". A little respect and a little space is what I wanted as a kid after all.
>>
>>34936131
I wouldn't have then cut if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>34936131
My mom is doesn't know how to raise kids, she yells at my sister and me every day because her jobs sucks (teacher) and she's too incapable to do it right.
>>
>>34937347
How does someone like that get to be a teacher?
>>
>>34936719
They didn't try hard enough.
The parents are always, always, ALWAYS to blame.
>>
I'll try not to get divorced at least.
When will 4chan get a parenting board? It's bound to happen eventually.
>>
>>34937574
They should do a contest to decide a new board, like a certain other imageboard did.
>>
>>34937549
Keep telling that to yourself
I know it's my own fault I ended up like this
Most people raised in the same situation with the same methods would end up good
>>
>>34936162
BE IN CHICAGO please be my bf please i'll take your virginity
>>
If my children turn out to be as autistic as I am, I will refuse to give them medication just like my parents did.
>>
>>34936131
Joke's on you, my parents did not really raise me for most my childhood, me and my dad just lived separate lives in the same household
>>
>>34937624
Your parents did not take into account that you're a retard.
If they did they would have set you straight, but they didn't because they're shit parents.
>>
>>34937762
How do you set a retard straight? Legally anyway.
>>
File: 1468025237831.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468025237831.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>34936131
My parents completely failed at parenting. I didn't even know how to clean my room, do the dishes or boil food properly until my 20's.

Other basic things of everyday life you could guess I was oblivious about. It was only until i was thrown out into the real world i would realize I was deficient.

These are things my parents should have taught me. This happened mostly due to my mom raising me herself while my dad fucked around with other women.

Yet both of them would shout at me or tell me that i was stupid for not knowing things. In some cases they tried to militate against my learning for their own selfish reasons.

It was only until I got on the internets that I could teach myself proper skills by googling shit. The result is delayed acqusition of skills. what i should have learned as a teenager i learned late in my late twenties. Its pretty horrible.
>>
File: racism.png (382KB, 660x303px) Image search: [Google]
racism.png
382KB, 660x303px
>Be lvl 9000 wizard
>Never ever experienced sex with the opposite sex
>Find 10/10 female
>Mate
> That feeling when nature has fooled you into reproducing
>>
>>34936131
Absolutely. My upbringing was stellar
>>
>>34936787
>Tried to bond with me over drinking

lol same, I told him I was listening to music(I was) which on reflection I didn't need to be as harsh as I was but I dnt giva fuk
>>
>>34938309
It wasn't good?
>>
Can't imagine having children.

Regardless, yes I would raise them like my parents raised me. my mom and dad were great parents.
>>
For the most part, yes. I had great parents.

Wouldn't move the family around as much as we did (7 different states from K-12) and would show a bit more interest in my kids hobbies even if they weren't necessarily my own (my dad showed zero interest in most of the things I was into so I taught myself to like things he did so that we'd have common ground), but they were loving people and good caretakers.
>>
>>34936131
no my dad sexually abused me and berated me constantly for being kind of feminine (I'm gay...) and spanked me hard for little reason (minor warning in kindergarten, waiting until after dinner to do hw, dtaying out slightly passed sunset, etc.)
>>
>>34936277
its not just your mom. like 90% of women are narcissists
>>
No. I'd send him to a military academy as soon as he was old enough and generally focus on raising a strong man as my son.
>>
>>34937833
>I got on the internets that I could teach myself proper skills by googling shit
Like what?
>>
>>34938524
Some say most of the 10/10 women are like a log in the bed.
>>
File: aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
aylmaoweedmanpepe.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
>>34936217
what kind of man ARE you?
>>
>>34939190
Not that guy but there's a lot you can learn. How to do basic carpentry, auto repairs, electrical repairs, make music, all the information is available to you including academic papers.

It doesn't have to be for just hobbies either, i can make a couple hundred over days off just by doing odd jobs for neighbours and locals with stuff i learned online.
>>
>>34936131
I wouldn't want to turn into my parents, but I've seen other people who said the same thing do a 180, and I wouldn't be willing to gamble being the exception.

>"you're going to be just like meeeeeee when you have kids! tee hee hee"
this alone is good enough reason for me not to have any, even if I wanted to
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.