[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the complete opposite of a sociopath, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

What's the complete opposite of a sociopath, /r9k/?
>>
I'd say autism to be perfectly honest.
>>
Borderline Personality Disorder
I have it, and I used to talk to a girl who was diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder online. Made for some interesting conversations.
>>
File: 1483205590025.png (1MB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1483205590025.png
1MB, 1200x1261px
Some things don't have opposites, just like being bipolar.
>>
>>34934617
>>34934638
Nah, ya dinguses. A sociopath is simply someone who lacks empathy. So the opposite of that would be someone with a pathological amount of empathy, like to the point that they give away all of their time and resources and continue to be philanthropic despite getting scammed and being broke.
>>
A cry baby ass bitch.
>>
>>34934658

unipolar = depression

or bi-winning
>>
>>34934607

devoted religious
>>
>>34934799
Some of the shit ISIS does is pretty sociopathic, anon, to use one example of devoted religious sociopathy.
>>
Someone diagnosed as HSP
I am one of those
>>
>>34934926
Henoch-Schonlein purpura or highly sensitive person?
>>
I am the complete opposite of a sociopath
people use and abuse me
>>
>>34934947
The latter.
Also, this is original.
>>
>>34934974
You're a big stinky d-dingleberry, anon!
>>
>>34934607
an empath i think
>>
>>34934987
I'm sorry, I'll improve myself for you,
>>
>>34934607
An empath?
>>
I'm in a relationship with a girl I have 0 feelings for because my only friend set us up. They set me us because I haven't had a girlfriend since high school and I'm 33 now.
>>
>>34934974
Hey listen, I think you are a great human and anybody would be lucky to have you around. I <3 U
>>
>>34935005
Hey you don't have to do that, you're perfect the way you are and I'm sorry if what I said hurt your feelings.
>>
>>34934745

I think the idea that sociopaths lack empathy is only partly true.

Empathy is understanding how others feel. You can understand how someone feels and not give a fuck about them.

I think what they lack more of is sympathy. Sympathy is caring for other people, feeling bad for them when bad things happen, feeling good for them when good things happen.

So I think framing sociopathy as a lack of empathy misses the mark somewhat. Sociopaths might not be able to understand deeper feelings like true love, loving-kindness, altruism, etc. But they can understand when someone else is scared or angry or frustrated. They often exploit people when they find them in those positions.

I have somewhat low empathy but a lot of sympathy for others. I often don't understand how others feel, but I care about their feelings.
>>
File: Deanna-Troi.jpg (64KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
Deanna-Troi.jpg
64KB, 1024x782px
A betazoid of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 1449x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 1449x1242px
>>34934990
>>34935010
pic related

>>34935102
She was a telepath wasn't she?
>>
>>34935102
>The opposite of sociopaths are literally betas
>>
>>34935140
The weak ones are empaths like Troi was.
>>34935232
Kek
>>
>>34935048
It's ok, I'm used to being hurt, my problems aren't important, what matters is that I help you.

>>34935042
I'm not though.
>>
File: yes box holy ray.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
yes box holy ray.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>34934607
The complete opposite of a sociopath is me.
>>
>>34935320
I still love U anyway, ;)
>>
>>34935582
You do realize by saying that you're the opposite of a sociopath that you're basically a normie/good person right?
>>
>>34935647
That's good, I'll love you unconditionally.
>>
>>34934638
This is true mate. While I do feel for you and others like you I know and have experienced that people woth BPS often use and abuse people for their own gain. Just to feel a bit better for awhile. Just to then hate yourself and what you have done. Yes you guys feel way to much, way, way too much but you would not not hurt someone if you are at a point you can't regulate your emotions. Alot of people see you as bad people. While this is definatly not true, it feels like it is to normies. Everytime I get really emotional or upset I think to myself that this is how someone with borderline feels all the time. You are very strong, kind people. Too bad society doesn't see it this way.
As a rescuer type I have a weakness for people with borderline. Even now I wish I could be there for you and I only read one of your posts kek.
>>
>>34934745
>So the opposite of that would be someone with a pathological amount of empathy,
So being on ecstasy then.
>>
autistic jesus
>>
A stoic.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.