[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cs degree

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: computerscience.jpg (28KB, 441x272px) Image search: [Google]
computerscience.jpg
28KB, 441x272px
im second year uni doing computer science degree, im not that good at it desu, just asking after i get my degree how easy would it be to find a decent job.
>>
Easy peasy. Do at least one internship.
>>
computer science is just math, you fuckface.

you have to decide whether you fell for the meme or you actually wanted to be theoretical mathematician. If former, then drop out and find an IT job.
>>
>>34931546
That's dumb.
You'll make more with cs degree than dropping out and doing IT job.
>>
>>34931573
>You'll make more with cs degree
haha, no.

A certified path through IT can land the same jobs as a dumb cs degree holder. In fact, arguably more effectively since they'll have more work experience.
>>
>>34931615
What companies hire IT people for software dev jobs?
How much do they make?
>>
File: college.png (63KB, 1319x363px)
college.png
63KB, 1319x363px
>>34931517

You won't be able to get a well paying job unless you drop out of college like me. Everyone knows this

t. Dumb poltards
>>
>>34931517
Literally retardedly easy, even without a degree you could make money programming.

CS is good but make sure your programming skills are sharp my nigga. Work on those side projects.
>>
>>34931636
software dev'ing is like 50-60k. It's grunt work.

But anyway, most cs degree holders become network admins. IT path is quicker for that.
>>
>im not that good at it
youre fucked buddy.
in cs you have to build a sweet portfolio to even get interviews, then in the interviews you get tested to write code on the spot.
its a good major for robots because you dont need to network with normies but you have to actually be good at it
>>
>>34931659
>software dev'ing is like 50-60k. It's grunt work.
Everyone I've kept in touch with from school is making 80k+, a significant number including myself started at over 100k a year.
>most cs degree holders become network admins
Source?
>>
>>34931662
>you have to actually be good at it

Yeah, for the coveted jobs with big corporations. But there are a lot of jobs in backwards places that still pay well, and they won't ask too many questions, they just need someone to hold down a chair.
>>
>>34931685
How long have you been out of school? I'm coming up on 3 years (CE degree) and am still making ~$60k. Thinking I should start looking for a new job.
>>
>>34931703
1-2 years. I don't know if it's different for CE but the sense I get is jumping jobs is how you get pay increase these days.
One friend has moved between three companies in ~3 years and he went from 60-70k to 90k which is great considering the cost of living, he'll probably be able to get a house or something.
>>
>>34931745
Yeah that's what I always heard. Guess I need to dust off the resume.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.