[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental illness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1369.jpg (542KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1369.jpg
542KB, 3264x2448px
>aha, you're depressed. You look happy though, laughing every now and then..

Why is it so hard for normies to understand real mental illness??
>>
>Some people are sick
>Get over it
>>
File: 1486340005453.jpg (529KB, 1256x1794px) Image search: [Google]
1486340005453.jpg
529KB, 1256x1794px
>>34929584
>tfw not mentally ill
>tfw just reallllllllllllllllllllly lazy
>>
>parents have never dealt with depression before
>keep suggesting that i have random illnesses like iron deficiency and aspergers syndrome
>>
>>34929606
You probably are mentally ill actually. Laziness doesn't just come from no where.
>>
>>34929604
>depression
>an illness
>>
File: 1487312816770.png (837KB, 1280x582px) Image search: [Google]
1487312816770.png
837KB, 1280x582px
>>34929632
>When mom won't stop bothering you
>She can't understand that some people are just naturally ill
>>
>Mom gives me a multi-vitamin for my depression and tells me to cheer up
>>
aha, you're depressed. You look happy though, and you have a hot gf and lots of money.

Why is it so hard for robots to understand real mental illness??
>>
File: 1467675311012.jpg (22KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1467675311012.jpg
22KB, 600x577px
>tfw no purpose in life
Mom has children to give her lfie meaning. She just doesn't understand
>>
File: IMG_1367.png (783KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1367.png
783KB, 640x1136px
>you think you have adhd?
>you are just happy all the time
>>
File: 1487239612325.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487239612325.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>34929636
>You probably are mentally ill

what the fuck, man
>>
>schizophrenic
>haunted by dead people
>lose where I am a few times a day
>no more driving a car

If being sad or bored/sad was the worst I'd consider myself kind of lucky. Fuck everyone who grew up hearing the world was theirs and can't grip the fact that everyone lied to them as children. Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>34929792
Normies
>happy
>sad
Everyone else
>unexplainable pain
>anxiousy in social situations
>fear
>disguist
List could go on and on
>>
>>34929694
>has everything a man would want
>still depressed
off yourself mentally ill chad scum
>>
File: worried smoking pepe.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
worried smoking pepe.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>34929662
this + melatonin + b12
be better soon....
>>
File: triggered.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>34929584

SMUG WAN WAN PLEASE FOR ME??
>>
>>34929888
Proof that robots do not understand depression and are only meme depressed.
>>
>>34929968
>melatonin

Hahaha wtf
Isn't that supposed to put you to sleep?

Or is this some magical vitamin combo
>>
>tfw can't sleep properly anymore and OCD is destroying my home life
>some fucking normie changes pencils so the colours are next to each other
>"lol omg Im so OCD"

>get incredibly bad anxiety in specific social situations
>need to take a breather and leave to go to the bathroom and calm down and talk to myself
>anon why are you acting so weird, just be normal

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>34930199
To be fair, I don't sleep almost at all. Probably 0 hours 4 nights a week, 2-3 for 3 nights a week, and about once a month I get really sick and crash and sleep for about 40 hours over 2 days. It *doesn't* help with the depression. That cycle has been going on since I was about 9.
>>
I catch myself zoning out and having full conversations with people who aren't there some times. Or having thoughts that don't feel like I'm thinking them, or have control over them. I don't know if these are mental illnesses or strategies my brain uses to combat decades of solitude, though.
>>
Is it possible to have a mental illness and not be a self pitying attention whore?

It sucks how you have some psychological condition bought on by poor lifestyle or whatever, but is the aloof attitude that comes along with it necessary?

Like those stupid fucking top 10 lists from buzzfeed "ooh things you never say to a depressed person", and they are all softball things that the mentally ill turn into an issue.

Or those tumblr comics that are panels of people with traumatic physical injuries and people around them saying "get out there" or "try to take you mind off it", and then, the last panel, in a shocking twist, is someone saying the same thing to a person with depression! Ah! Got ya! Bet you don't feel so smart now, normies. Got those gears turning, huh?
Except depression isn't like a traumatic physical injury at all. It's something that can be fixed by lifestyle changes.

Even OP going "Us depressed people amirite? those normies will never understand US. We are so above them". It's that same fetishization of depression.

It would be refreshing to see a depressed person going around saying "Yeah, I'm working through a few issues right now, it doesn't define me, I am grateful for the help and concern I'm getting. Thanks"

You know, instead of the cancerous attention seeking, haughty depressed people that seem to be the norm these days.
>>
>>34930382
Because that's how depression works? Your brain tells you the whole world is against you and nothing is going to fix it.
>>
>>34930382
/r9k/ is tumblr for males? What a revelation!
>>
>>34930411
That's real depression. Most robots do not have that.
>>
>>34930411
>>34930420

What is real depression and fake depression anyway?

Depression being called an illness is misleading. It isn't something you get, and it isn't something you are born with.
Its entirely a reaction to the outside circumstances around you.
The "chemical imbalance" myth is bunk.
The depressed people on here go on about their chemicals and their brains or whatever, but I bet if they looked at their lives, they would see an outside cause for it.

Diet, social isolation, lack of goals, poor sleeping patterns.

Even chads get depressed because their diets are shit or whatever.

Maybe its hard to fix the factors that lead to you depression, but it is fixable.
>>
>>34930342
dissociation.
>>
File: Not_today.jpg (112KB, 900x773px) Image search: [Google]
Not_today.jpg
112KB, 900x773px
>tfw your depression is just something you've learned to accept and work around

I'll never know what it feels like to be normal.
>>
>>34930420
I have had chronic depression for as long as I can remember. My argument for that rather than meme depression is that I did well at university, was in really good shape for a while and have never been short of sexual partners. Yet I would still spend much of the night screaming. Getting in shape again now, on the understanding that it won't make me happier, but it will make life easier. It's like playing a game you find a slog on easy mode. Unfortunately though, it's the only game you've got so it's that or blessed oblivion.
>>
>>34929662
and did that work for you, anon?
>>
>>34930751
>trying to dig deep and find the souce of my depression
>there is no bottom
>>
How can you tell if your genuinely getting better and moving on from depression or if it's just a temporary reprieve.
I don't want to go back.
>>
>>34930574
it is a chemical imbalance but circumstances over a long period of time have created the imbalance,
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.