[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many men want a Clementine-type gf, especially when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: clementine.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
clementine.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
Why do so many men want a Clementine-type gf, especially when they know the red flags?
>>
>>34924740
>clementine gf

Explain
>>
>>34924885

From Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The dyed-hair alternative artsy girl who's spontaneous and fun but also BPD and batshit insane.
>>
>>34924740
>>34924927
No one wants a Clementine gf.
-t. BPD girl who used to dye her hair weird colors and people I worked with called me Clem because "you're just so quirky like her"
I hadn't even seen the movie at the time but it's my favorite movie of all time now because I like to watch it and imagine someone will love me one day (they won't)
>>
>>34924980

Really?

I know that warning coloration is a red flag on 4chan but I thought bored normies were into it
>>
>>34925124
Some are into the alternative look, but no one - not normies, not Chads, not robots - will put up with an actually borderline girl. I haven't dyed my hair in over a year now and have no facial piercings and my dating prospects were better when I had pink hair because at least then I was a kind of fetish or fashion statement.
>>
>>34924980
I don't think anyone will ever love you. I mean not for real. I sometimes pretend to love pathetic roasties because my life is infinitely boring.
>>
>>34924980
I'm going to return to this topic in 10 minutes, and, when I do, I expect to see a photo of your breasts posted and timestamped.
>>
IS THIS MOVIE WORTH WATCHING?

its like those 500 days of summer cult movies where people shill it so much it loses its fucking appeal

like ive read the script through enough tumblr and twitter quotes that i dont know if ill even enjoy it

is it depressing or whats so good about it? i hate sad movies

a walk to remember is better imo
>>
because they're obviously broken and /robots/ think a girl like that will fall for anyone, regardless if that guy deserves to even have a girlfriend
>>
>>34925338
it's worth watching but it's overrated to all hell. it's not like 500 days of summer, that movie is a complete pile of shit.
>>
>>34924980
i will not stoop so low as to ask you to be my gf. i am a changed man.
>>
>>34925338

it's pretty good. jim carrey comes out of his ace ventura persona to be a solid actor. 7.5/10, would watch again. but don't expect to enjoy it if you're jaded about love and relationships.
>>
>>34925373
nice. yeah i thought 500 was fucking whatever and its hard watching gordon levitt and the girl play what they play its torturesome. like you have to be a straight up beta manlet cuck to like it. or some barber hipster lanket glasses skinny white pasty boy or a crazy ass fat white chick who wears plaid

>>34925401
thanks f4m4m4m4m
>>
>>34924980
>-t. BPD girl who used to dye her hair weird colors and people I worked with called me Clem because "you're just so quirky like her"
My first gf was borderline. Honestly the biggest reasons for me dumping her was because she'd freak out if I ever talked to another woman even if it was class related, and the dumb mind games she tried to play like pretend dumping me to see if I'd fight to win her back.

I see a lot of woman claim to be single because they're borderline, and I wonder how many of them would admit to doing bullshit like that.
>>
>>34925206
>I don't think anyone will ever love you. I mean not for real.
I don't think so either. I have a pseudo-relationship with a robot I met here, where I live with him, cook for him and clean up after him, and run his errands, but he mostly ignores me and won't call me his gf or let me call him my bf. It's about as good as it's gonna get for me.

>>34925336
You'll be let down, I've got horribly ugly tits and I'm not posting them.

>>34925384
That's good for you. No one should really bother to love someone like me. I hope you find real gf anon.
>>
>>34925555
>It's about as good as it's gonna get for me.
Why though. I'd rather be single than be put in that position.
>>
>>34924885
Isn't the 'Clementine gf' what feminists call the Manic Pixie Dream Girl?
>>
>>34925555

You agreed to be some loser's replacement mother? Jesus
>>
>>34925596
yes, and the movie is kind of like a deconstruction of that stupid trope

she's just a bpd nutter

tfw no bpd nutter gf
>>
File: thumbs_down.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_down.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>34925555
>You'll be let down, I've got horribly ugly tits and I'm not posting them.
>>
>>34925596
It's not just feminists. The "manic pixie dream girl" is a well-known movie trope. Clementine doesn't really fit the trope because the mpdg has no flaws or real character and serves the sole purpose of being an accessory for the main character which helps him come out of his shell. Think the blue haired girl from Scott Pilgrim.

>>34925593
>>34925597
We bang sometimes and I don't have to worry about him abusing me or seeing other women. I really love him so I don't mind sticking around, even though he doesn't love me.
>>
>>34925717

>we bang sometimes

You say that as if robots wouldn't bang their mothers if given the opportunity.
>>
>>34924927
Because they're cute and we're dumb asses.
>>
I dated a bpd girl I high school and I love watching this movie now. I cried my eyes out every time I would watch it. The movie captures relationships fairly well.
>>
>>34924740
2 Reasons:

1. She's not intimidating. Sure we'd like beautiful, long-legged, popular, big-titted cheerleader, but we'd have to constantly worry about her leaving us (which she will) because she's so above our weird, creepy, anime loser ways. The Clementine type of girl can be just as weird (sometimes moreso) as we are. It's about comfort.

2. Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed.

But yeah, no remotely sane person (Chad, robot, male, female) can stand to be in a long-term relationship with a BPD girl. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't experienced it yet, and is merely speaking with his penis.
>>
Can someone explain how Clementine was batshit crazy? I remember her being quirky and blunt. She also liked going out and drinking, but none of this is unusual.
Joel was the one who seemed indecisive and left a loving wife to be with some younger alt girl he met at the beach.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.