[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Anorexia just an extreme form of attentionwhoring?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

Is Anorexia just an extreme form of attentionwhoring?
>>
If you're open about it, maybe. It can be a good way to get sympathy.

People develop eating disorders for different reasons. Some do it out of vanity and others do it as a form of self-harm, as a way of appearing less attractive (if they were sexually abused in the past), etc.

Personally I just like the aesthetic of being thin and not having a lot of weight to carry around. I'm fairly clumsy so it helps me not to have a large body. Might also have something to do with being chubby/ugly as a kid though
>>
yes

- cry for help
- obvious signs of it
- lots of manipulation, lying, weird ass rituals, ruining the lives of everyone around them
- excuses (media made me do it! I just want to be pretty! it's about ME not you!)
>>
>>34922112
>Personally I just like the aesthetic

Isn't disregarding your own health to look more thin exactly an example of extreme vanity.
>>
yes, just ask yourself why it is very rare for a male to be anorexic
>>
>>34922164
Some people practice safe anorexia
>>
>>34922181
because most women don't prefer skinny men
>>
>>34922046

Common female diseases that call for euthanasia on sight:

>Bipolar disorder
>BPD
>NPD
>Eating disorders
>PTSDaddyissues
>Hypersexuality
>>
>>34922164
I never said that I wasn't vain. I take care of my health within my limits, because I don't want to do damage to my skin/hair/teeth/nails, and I need energy for my studies.

Usually hover around 1000 kcal per day. I don't get hungry any more.
>>
>>34922187
Safe anorexia doesn't exist.
>>
ever notice how all Anorexics are women?
its cause women are controlled by feelings and nothing else,
a man knows he is fat by stepping on a scale looking or at himself in the mirror or asking someone and the accept whatever the facts tell him,

evidence
based
conclusion.

Women don't do this, what they believe is not based on any logic of observation its based on what they feel. If a woman feels like she's fat it doesn't matter what the scale says or what other people say or what doctors say when she's wasting away and about to die of malnutrition, if she feels fat as far as she knows she is fat.
>>
>>34922202
also depression and GAD
>>
>>34922187
Safe anorexia? You mean dieting?
>>
File: 1486024997732.jpg (411KB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1486024997732.jpg
411KB, 1000x1480px
I just hate my body.
I was beaten up and bullied a lot as a kid. I just want to like myself, but no matter how skinny I become, what haircut I get, what hobbies I have, I still loathe myself.
I'm alone most of the time, people don't care if a guy has mental health issues or if he's dangerously thin.
That's just the way it is. I don't think it's a gendered problem really, just a cultural one.
>>
>>34922244
How certain are you of that? The saying "a little starvation never hurt anyone" exists for a reason.
>>
File: 1484507818762.jpg (242KB, 720x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1484507818762.jpg
242KB, 720x1278px
>prolific online attention whore
>beta orbiters make her feel good
>even gets her a chad boyfriend
>later he dumps her dumb ass
>start to feeling insecure again
>especially want HIS attention
>double down attention whoring
>gets "hospitalized" for "anorexia"
>post it online every step way

pic related
what normal person does this?

it's only for attention
>>
>>34922325
> but no matter how skinny I become, what haircut I get, what hobbies I have, I still loathe myself.

Then why do you continue doing this?

>I don't think it's a gendered problem really

Not going off any statistics here, but I'd bet the majority of males with anorexia are more inclined to be effeminate.

>>34922337
Having anorexia doesn't imply "a little starvation". It implies a consistent lack of nutrients, and an obsession that interferes with one's health, relationships and self-worth.
>>
>>34922046
The disease has been recorded throughout history. Religious starvation is described psychiatrically as a form of anorexia. But it is undeniable that, in some cases, patients may develop the condition as a silent "call for help".
I had the disease throughout my entire adolescence, and the occasional prejudice was even more intense as I was male. My BMI reached 16, you could see my heart beating beneath my ribs... Oh, youth. I miss it sometimes.
>>
>>34922325
I know how you feel anon.. Ive tried everything but in the morning when i look at myself in the mirror i just hate what I see. I dont even think im ugly necessarily I just hate my physical form
>>
>>34922272
40% percent of anorexic currently are male in my country. This idea that it's a female disease is vastly outdated, and it reckons of the fashion industry recruitment for girl models. Your fallacies are but lies. I myself suffered from the disease as a male.
>>
>>34922400
Starvation encompasses many things. Point is no one has ever died from a little anorexia. And everything has something that interferes with life. Anorexia is often the lesser evil.
>>
>>34922244
"... it was their task to watch the hunger artist day and night, three of them at a time, in case he should have some secret recourse to nourishment. This was nothing but a formality, instigated to reassure the masses, for the initiates knew well enough that during his fast the artist would never in any circumstances, not even under forcible compulsion, swallow the smallest morsel of food; the honor of his profession forbade it."
>>
>>34922461
>>34922461
>40% percent of anorexic currently are male in my country.
the figure i'm seeing is 10% of people with eating disorders being men with most of them doing it for athletic purposes.
>>
I'M ANOREXIC
I'M A MALE
NOT A TRANNY OR ANYTHING
I HAVE DIAGNOSED DEPRESSION, ANOREXIA, ANXIETY DISORDER AND SCHIZOID PERSONALITY DISORDER
THESE WORDS DONT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME, I JUST FEEL LIKE IM CONSTANTLY LOSING THE GRASP ON REALITY
BUT THATS HOW I HAVE TO DESCRIBE THIS HORRIBLE FEELING OF FUCKING NOTHINGNESS
I EXIST
I AM HERE
IF I DON'T SAY ANYTHING I MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD SINCE NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGES ME
NOT IN REAL LIFE, NOT IN MEDIA, NOT EVEN HERE
IM A MYTH, SOMETHING TO LOCK IN THE BASEMENT AND FORGET
BUT IF I DO SPEAK IM TREATED AS A HIDEOUS MONSTER, ATTENTION WHORING SELFISH PRICK
AND IF I'D KILL MYSELF IT WOULD BE THE SAME
EITHER NOBODY NOTICES OR I WOULD BE THE WORST PIECE OF HAN TRASH TO EVER WALK UPON THIS EARTH
I HATE YOU
I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU PEOPLE
AND I HATE MYSELF EVEN MORE
NOTHING I DO LEADS TO ANYTHING
IM WALKING IN A FUCKING CIRCLE EBERY DAY
NOTHING BRINGS ME JOY IM ALWAYS TIRED
AND HERE YOU ASSHOLES COMPLAIN ABOUT PEOPLE WITH LEGITIMATE MEDICAL ISSUES
JUST STOP
PLEASE STOP
BE KIND TO EACH OTHER
JUST PLEASE BE KIND AND CARING
please
>>
>>34922477

Hi from the opposite side. I have BED and it's terrible.

Would you say that you're obsessed with food and weight, or you just don't think about it anymore?

I do slip into restrictive periods myself and I find it almost pathetic how my life centers around something as dumb and basic as food.
>>
>>34922549

Ok but have you tried eating a sandwich?
>>
>>34922112
>I'm fairly clumsy so it helps me not to have a large body
Might have something to do with your withered muscles.
>>
>>34922477
>a little anorexia
How uneducated are you? Can't yiu see how medically abominable is that term? There's no such thing as "little anorexia". It is a disease, it has degrees of danger, it must be treated and cured, like any other. Don't try to rationalize it. Don't be that dumb person trying to advocate for dangerous behaviours. It makes you sound like an aids bugchaser. G
If you have the condition and has no will to seek help or desire to stay as you are, so be it. But don't try to defend your irrational attitude like morbidly obese activists. Be like a smoker. You know it's bad for you,but you do it anyway because you are free. Don't try to turn the table and say "it's not really harming my lungs".
>>
>>34922559
I'm somewhere between obsessed and indifferent. I work about my weight but I don't make efforts to fine-tune my intake. It's winter so I'm giving myself some leeway.
>>
>tfw can't figure out how to turn my BED into anorexia
How do I do it, anabots? I want to force myself to feel the pain of hunger and to start to wither away but something in me won't let me do it.
>inb4 "you can't change eating disorders"
Most people with anorexia or bulimia used to have BED and almost everyone with an eating disorder used to have a different one.
>inb4 just lose weight healthily you don't actually want anorexia
Yes, I do.
>>
>>34922646
What is BED?
>>
>>34922528
You have to be really dumb to believe that any athlete would undergo malnourishment. You are referring to dieting, and the fact that you think that dieting eauals anorexia is enough of a prove about your stupidity.
>>
>>34922400
DO YOU THINK I CHOSE TO HAVE A "EFFEMINATE" FACE?
NO
I DIDN'T
I SUFFERED BECAUSE OF IT
I EVEN CUT MY FACE UP AT ONE POINT BECAUSE I HATED HOW PEOPLE TREATED ME BECAUSE OF IT
YOU PEOPLE ACT AS IF THIS IS SO VERY SIMPLE
"LOL JUST EAT A SANDEICH XD"
YOU KNOW NOTHING
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
YET YOU ACT AS IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE PEOPLE
SHOW SOME COMPASSION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
WHY IS IT TREATED AS A CARDINAL SIN TO BE KIND AND CARING TOWARDS SOMEONE
>>
>>34922646
Anorexia is old news. Worms is where it is at these days. I am not sure where they get them but one worm a day will keep the pounds away.
>>
>>34922559
Different anon but a huge part of anorexia is an obsession with food, a lot of people with the disorder end up watching cooking shows or cooking for others, but not really because you want to eat it just because you want to be around food
>>
>>34922646
>Most people with anorexia or bulimia used to have BED and almost everyone with an eating disorder used to have a different one
Source fucking needed. You are sooo wrong. I myself showed signs of the disease since childhood, and all the girls in my rehab center were the same. None of us had been even overweight once in a lifetime
>>
>>34922677
Until you start talking normal, no one will take your opinion seriously.
>>
>>34922713
That's so not true it actually hurts to read. Even if you are referring to bulimia, you're still tremendously wrong.
>>
>>34922677
Writing like an angry child is not helping your case.
>>
>>34922549
So uhh I just heard about this Schizoid shit the other day someone said something about INTP(being schizoids) and not that I buy into that MBTI voodoo shit but I'm a curious sort so I googled it anyway.

I meet all the DSM criteria for it and obviously self diagnosis is crap but like should I go see a doc? The reason I ask is even though I've had tendencies like this my whole life they're becoming markedly worse in the last 3 or 4 years. I'm 25 now and feel like I have no connection to NORMIES anymore and it's getting to the point where I don't even want to ever be a normie.

I'm fucking depressed because I'm going to lose my job and other normie shit I've been cultivating since 18 but normie shit stresses me out so much I wanna kms so would it be preferable to just accept I'm a wierd and deal with it myself?

Also curious if you think the anorexia is related to SPD, as the conditions become more prevalent I feel like my metabolism is increasing. I've lost over 100lbs with minor portion control (minor now, was big change at beginning of weight loss) and last week I tried to cheat all week, ate bags of Doritos, peanuts fatty meats and even a milkshake and still seems like I'm dropping weight. I was always a fat kid and could bulk really really fast when I was into weightlifting from 18-20 but my body is pulling a complete 180 on me and I'm becoming a skeleton
>>
>>34922672

binge eating disorder

you hate yourself so you eat a ton of food at once (binge eating) then you hate yourself for binge eating so you binge eat some more. Endgame is usually obesity but some go for bulimia instead.
>>
>>34922677

I mean, a wrap is fine too. Jesus
>>
>>34922735
theres no reason to take anyone here seriously
its fucking pointless
and what fucking opinion?
that people should be kind to each other?
thats the only opinion i found in my post
otherwise its just personal experiences
this topic is not suited for places like 4chan
it accomplishes nothing
i just feel like shit when i see that even online im treated as the worst kind of human even if i just lurk and dont post anything
almost as if i dont have any humanity
depressed? to the trash
anorexic? to the trash
alcoholic? to the trash
ad infinitum
nothing accomplished, just some judgmental cunt got kicks from typing his bile to the open world
>>
Who else broke the 60kg barrier this winter?

Wintertime anorexia might be the answer.
>>
Starving yourself isn't on it's own attentionwhoring. It's the comorbid disorders that go along with it that are, like BPD and NPD.
>>
>>34922677
I dont want people making fun of my face
>better cut my face
fucking idiot
>>
>>34922201
t-they dont?

i need to re-evaluate
>>
>>34922646

If anything, the reverse happens. The anorexic "recovers" but actually just becomes addicted to eating instead of restricting. And once you go fat you don't go back
>>
>>34922677
>DO YOU THINK I CHOSE TO HAVE A "EFFEMINATE" FACE?
in hindu mythology you did
>>
>>34922046
It's an extreme form of self-loathing, you know, that thing every other robot seems to embrace. Anorexic girls have more in common with you lot than they do with "Stacy".
>>
File: Looking At.png (516KB, 1590x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Looking At.png
516KB, 1590x1080px
>>34922046
I'm anorexic and I never talk about it to my family.

I mostly do it because the only food I can afford is fucking ass.
>>
>>34922884

Just because they're not Stacy doesn't mean they aren't insufferable attention whores.

Example: Every femanon, ever
>>
>>34922672
Binge eating disorder. Essentially a compulsive need to eat massive quantities of high calorie food during an episode, eating so much that it hurts and/or you throw up. Sometimes I will have an episode once a week or more, and other times none for a month.

>>34922685
I think I'd claw my insides out if I had a parasite. The idea is horrible to me. What if it got really big and part of it fell out of your bhole and you felt it?

>>34922721
Just because you don't know anyone that fits those criteria doesn't mean it's not true or partially true. I've read it on mpa but can't find source now. I know many many girls there that have traded off between eating disorders, usually anorexia > treatment forces them to eat again > bulimia > stop purging to save their hair and teeth > BED > realize they can't portion correctly and find food too tempting > anorexia repeat.
>>
>>34922849
i was a child
even the teachers mocked me
you dont know what it was like
i got beaten up at third grade by three six graders because i looked like a "fag"
at fourth grade some guy threatened to kill me with a pocket knife and i was too scared to tell anyone
people lied about me behind my back, i cried in public, people stole from me
i was ostracised through my whole early youth
well, i still am a hermite
but at 13 i couldnt take it anymore
i just wanted to be normal and enjoy life
im sorry
i just wanted to be normal
>>
>>34922828
You need help is all I have to say to you.
>>
>>34922964
great, just ignore it
thats how the problem disappears
you lock it up
into the basement it goes
weeeee....
>>
>>34922958
You know,Jon Bon Jovi had a similar childhood and look at him now.
>>
i just want people to be kind
>>
>>34923041
I DONT WANT TO BE A STAR
i just want to like myself
i dont want to live and die alone
im crying again
im weak
i dont deserve anything
i just want people to be kind to each other
>>
>>34923089
Are you receiving any sort of therapy or treatment?
>>
>>34923106
not anymore
i used antipsychotics but they make my head hurt
>>
This thread is comfy in a psychotic sort of way. We should have more regular eating disorder threads.
>>
>>34922477
>Point is no one has ever died from a little heroin. And everything has something that interferes with life. Heroin is often the lesser evil.
>>
>It's not about wanting attention! I'm doing it for MYSELF!!
>>
>>34923516

In her defense, it really is tricky to starve yourself to death. Anorexics often give in to survival instincts and binge eat, or else get involuntarily hospitalized because their loved ones notice that they're quite visibly dying.

Dr. Google says that the mortality rate of anorexia nervosa is 4%.
>>
I was bulimic as a teenager and didn't tell anyone about it.
>>
>>34924586
It also says that eating disorders have the highest mortality rate out of any metal disorder.
>>
>>34922145
No because I've had it for 5 years you fag.
>>
"Among those who survived, on average less than one-half recovered, one-third improved, and 20% remained chronically ill."
>>
>>34922549
Same desu
Originally
>>
>>34924991

Once again. Euthanasia.
>>
File: bag.jpg (162KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
162KB, 900x1350px
wizard here, trying to develop a eating disorder so i can die due to anorexia. sounds stupid to some and it is but i just don't care. so far its been 2 days and i can feel hunger kicking in. any tips robots?
>>
>>34925849
Just shoot yourself and save everyone (including yourself) the hassle.
>>
>>34922607
Honestly when I was in pretty solid shape I was still super clumsy, physically and mentally.
>>
Claiming to have anorexia is, that goes for bulimia too.

The non-attention whore anorexics that keep to themselves are just crazy. If I remember correctly, anorexia is just the state of being emaciated, but anorexia nervosa is the mental disorder. A 14 year old attention whore might be anorexic, but is less likely to have anorexia nervosa, and will most likely just "get over it"

I've known both, and the crazies tend to be reclusive autists
>>
>>34925849
That's the true wizard way to go. Get so isolated you don't want to leave your dwelling or talk to anyone to get food. Silently wither away in the darkness of your shithole room.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.