[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with the death of a relative?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1454674328212.jpg (11KB, 172x159px) Image search: [Google]
1454674328212.jpg
11KB, 172x159px
So grandma just passed out literally 10 minutes ago and my cousin contacted me about it, personally i've never liked grandma but i know for a fact my mom did and now she's gonna feel desolate when i tell her the news. The thing is i don't know if my mom is going to be able to deal with it effectively, mom and her family have always been naive about this kind of situation, it is as if they expected her to live forever and shit, and i'm pretty sure that they're crying their eyes out right know, i just don't know what i'm going to do, i haven't been able to get a job for the past 2 years and my mom's going to get depressed i'm pretty sure, then she's going to lose her job and possibly do something crazy. So i would like to know, have you guys dealt with this kind of situation before? What is the best way to approach these situations?
>>
>>34921346
It's can be rough. It really depends on how your mom reacts, mine for example was mostly sad rather than angry. It's best to support her if she goes to you, otherwise just don't mention it.
>>
>>34921346
I lost my father recently. It's so difficult to lose someone close to you. Life is more empty without their presence. I suggest just being available for them to grieve to them.

It's a bit different because my dad was obviously a huge part of her day to fay life so the home has been much more quiet since he passed. I've been calling her every couple of days to see how she is doing and to give her some company. She has some really good friends that have been checking up on her and getting her to go outside the house. Hopefully your mom has friends who will give her the same level of care.
>>
>>34921926
I'll try my best but it's not just that, i don't think that just being there will help, my mom is a very emotionally sensitive person, she doesn't know how to deal with stress and sadness and things like that, last time she was depressed i was 8 and it was as if she was a totally different person.
>>34922029
Mom doesn't have as much friends, she has her brothers and sisters but they live in a different state so it's on me to help her through it.
>>
>>34921346
My uncle killed himself a few months back. Tied himself up in his garage. He had CTE or whater the fuck it is from rugby. I really miss the guy.
>>
File: 1450637918943.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450637918943.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
I forgot to add that my mom works in a very stressful job, she works at a restaurant and the chef who is the owner too is a wannabe Gordon Ramsey, keep that in mind that i live in a shitty small town that no one gives a fuck about, yet he stills thinks that it is the greatest thing ever. To think that my mom is going to have to deal with the loss of her mother and work in a stressful environment like that, with that cock sucker yelling at her for 8 hours straight just makes it worse.
>>
>>34921346
I haven't it fucked me up
>>
>>34922492
What do you mean?
comentario originalio
>>
>>34922696
Well it'll be 9 yrs in July mentally its in the back of my mind
>>
I don't think I'm going to be upset when my grandparents die; not because I don't like them, in fact I have a lot to owe to them, but in the end they aren't my parents.

What I am curious about is how am I going to react to my parents reactions. Our grandpa lives with us and I doubt he'll be around in the next year or two, I'm really curious to see what it'll be like the day we go to wake him up and he stays asleep.

My dad's probably going to go ballistic and I don't want to be around when that happens.
>>
>>34922327
Might get physical a lot. If she needs a hug, then damn you'd better hug your mother until she's done. If you find out that her boss even gives her the slightest amount of shit, you should kick his fucking ass. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Pummel him.

If he hasn't any empathy for the person who just lost her mother, then he should suffer a hell alike.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.