[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually miss being depressed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: bored fish.gif (167KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
bored fish.gif
167KB, 400x289px
idk how to describe it. a few years ago I was severely depressed and anxious and would cry every night and literally wanted to die. my brain was constantly overwhelming me with thousands of thoughts, every second of every hour of the day. I remember I just wanted it to end.

but now, it's the exact opposite. I literally don't feel anything anymore. I mean, I'm glad I'm not depressed anymore, but this is so much worse. nothing's funny or sad or exciting or shocking or disgusting. nothing matters to me anymore. nothing is real anymore. I can't concentrate on anything anymore. I don't like anything anymore. I can barely finish sentences anymore. when I'm awake, I want to sleep, even if I'm not tired.

when I'm watching a movie, I don't care what happens. when I'm listening to music, it doesn't affect me anymore. I don't even keep track of time anymore. my memory is shot. I don't really even have memories anymore. I don't get nostalgic.

I kinda miss existential crisis. I miss crying. I miss being able to feel literally anything at all.

what the fuck is happening? is there a name for this?
sorry for the blog post
>>
>>34920909
What is the root and original cause of your problems?
>>
>>34920909
This is actual depression. What you were before was sad.
>>
>>34920955
When I was a teenager I just had a horrible life in general. I lived in a house that was literally falling apart around me, with a physically and emotionally abusive mother, in extreme poverty. school was shit, everybody hated me and for good reason. I don't want to go into details but shit was BAD. really, really irredeemably awful.
now I'm out of that situation; I'm living in an apartment by myself and everything's just fine. I have nothing to be depressed about, so the depression went away. but now I'm just bored.
my brain is a lot more reasonable and balanced, but I'm just so bored.

>>34920966
oh. is it permanent?
>>
File: 1485856455909.jpg (54KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485856455909.jpg
54KB, 500x360px
You now full have psychological depression to compliment your clinical depression. You've basically forgotten what it's like to feel normal because you haven't functioned normally in so long.

I'm in the same boat. Sucks.
>>
>>34921077
fuck.
you could take me to Disneyworld right now and I would only want to go home and go to sleep the entire time I was there. I don't want to be like this forever.
>>
The good thing is that I'm not nervous anymore. I'm bored as fuck but that's a huge improvement over having constant panic attacks over the smallest things
>>
>>34921059
i'm >>34921077 I can really related to your childhood. Nobody loved me, it was a shitty situation that just kept getting worse and I experienced a lot of terrible things.

>>34921113
I guess all you do is take drugs. I went to a therapist and the only thing she could tell me is to take drugs.

>>34921137
>not nervous anymore
I envy that. My anxiety is still killing me everyday. But I can feel it lessening.
>>
>>34921174
>I guess all you do is take drugs. I went to a therapist and the only thing she could tell me is to take drugs.
Huh. Do they help much or what?
>>
>>34921260
Fuck if I know. I don't have insurance or am even willing to take drugs. I'm still trying to fix this on my own. Hoping the military will fix me if I give them my all.
>>
>>34920909
If you're able to hold down a job then you atleast have lots and lots and lots of motivation. Unless you work some crappy min-wage job and those won't even exist in, like, five years thanks to robots:
https://hbr.org/2016/10/robots-will-replace-doctors-lawyers-and-other-professionals
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.