[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw bought 1 lb of perfectly marbled boneless rib steak for $8.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1518.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1518.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Tfw bought 1 lb of perfectly marbled boneless rib steak for $8.
>>
>>34920353
>perfectly marbled
to what standard
>boneless rib steak
typically is a misnomer and doesn't actually mean the "rib eye," it's a different cut, it might include the outer rib fat cap that's full of subcutaneous fat and higher amount of collagen = tougher cut of meat
>>
>>34920402

My standards. I baked it at 375 Fahrenheit and it's rare and tender, it pulls apart so easily like butter.
>>
>lb
>"rib steak"
>fahrenheit

why is this allowed?
>>
>>34920353
Nice!

I'm proud of you with all of my heart,
>>
>>34920432
>baked
excuse me
>>
>>34920353
>Aanime avatarfag

Is "steak" supposed to be code for "cock" in this post?
>>
>>34920570

Baked. It's the recipe for making roast beef, 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees in the oven.

But I just use it to cook rare steaks.

>>34920538

Thank you kindly.

>>34920614

If you want.
>>
>>34920689

do you at least sear it first anon?

plz
>>
>>34920689
>boneless rib steak
>roast beef recipe
>baking

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>34920743

I didn't. Turned out good. I seasoned it before cooking.
>>
>>34920689
>rare
What are you doing?
Steaks are SERIOUS business!
>>
>>34920757

It's all beef. It's a way to cook it rare in the middle.
>>
>>34920784

My dinner was only $8 desu. Feels good to pick out a prime cut by eye.
>>
>$8
>1lb marbled rib eye

I don't think you got rib eye anon, I also don't think you know what marbling is
>>
>>34920855

It was marbled. Thin, white lines of fat throughout, very thin lines.

And it was super tender. Sometimes I get lucky and pick out a choice cut by eye.
>>
>>34920786
and leave it gray on the outside! you gotta sear it and unless it was super thin, you could have gotten a really aggressive sear while keeping it a perfect rare inside.
>>
>>34920353
What grade of meat is it? Choice or prime. If its the former, which it probably is considering the price you paid, then your standards are really shit if you think that is "perfectly marbeled".
>>
>>34920887

It's always gray/ little bit brown when I cook it like this.

And the middle was pink/grey and juicy, I could just press my knife into it without any cutting desu.

I'm stuffed.
>>
>>34920902

I forget. And I already ate it all. It's no kobe beef but it was an amazing $8 steak.
>>
>>34920916

it shouldn't be grey is what we're saying, steak should have a deep caramel coloured crust to it

You will get much better results if you sear it in a pan on the stove before putting it in the oven
>>
>>34920965
you shouldn't need oven time at all unless you're looking at over 2 inches of thickness, desu, and even then

rare is really easy to achieve in just a pan
>>
>>34920402
Rib steak, ribeye, scotch filet, spencer steak and sometimes delmonico are all synonymous. That braising cap is just the meat from the short rib which is quite tasty and tender if you cook it right
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.