[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime ruined by English Dub

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: birdy the mighty.jpg (69KB, 940x395px)
birdy the mighty.jpg
69KB, 940x395px
Birdy the Mighty

This anime takes place in Japan, but the Statue Of Liberty was edited into the background of some scenes for the English Dub.
>>
>>34919190
Honestly I think all English dubs besides Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are pretty horrible. Dragon Ball Z is the only anime I've ever preferred the dub to the original.
>>
>>34919283

Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Space Dandy
Monster
Michiko and Hatchen
Speedgrapher

Most Anime that doesn't take place in Japan or doesn't rely too much on Japanese pop culture is okay dubbed. If an anime relies on a lot of Japanese puns, it's up to the writers to find some way to make it funny for the American audience. An English Dub is great when done right.
>>
File: 148199843602.png (2MB, 1437x1079px)
148199843602.png
2MB, 1437x1079px
>>34919283
Not only that, but many dubbers even take to marring the original script and completely changing the relationships held between characters. Pretty terrible desu.

pic related (Yu Yu Hakusho) is god tier anime subbed, but is only good tier on the most popular english dubs
>>
>>34919674

it's what happens when America doesn't have an animation channel for older audiences. Can't show lesbians on Sailor Moon! Can't show guns in One Piece!
>>
>>34919190
I only watched one (1) anime dubbed, and that was Hellsing Ultimate.

Honestly I really regret it. I didn't enjoy the anime at all and I'm a real edgelord who loves vampires, I thought it was a shitty anime, but then again I've loved a lot of shitty animes, perhaps hearing it in English heightened my standards of realism.
>>
>>34919283
Sweet nostaIgia goggles senpai
>>
>>34919190
Can't you just play the English audio to the Japanese video?
>>
>>34919761
I watched Yu Yu Hakusho when I was a kid and I think sub is better same with a lot of shit I saw on adult swim. I honestly can not stand Goku's voice in the sub.
>>
File: Greg Ayes.jpg (446KB, 691x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Greg Ayes.jpg
446KB, 691x1211px
>young male character voiced by Greg Ayres
>>
File: Robotech_image.jpg (108KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Robotech_image.jpg
108KB, 500x750px
>>34919190
Would Robotech be a dub or just fanfiction?
>>
>>34919190
Anime is already an abomination. As soon as one of those middle-aged jap pedophile crook anime drawers puts pen to pad, the abomination is born.
>>
>>34919735
>animation channel for older audiences
Adults should not be watching cartoons in the first place...

The fuck is wrong with you, creep?
>>
Dubs are getting okay nowadays. Voice actors aren't trying to copy Japanese voices. Scripts aren't just direct translations.
>>
>>34919283
Ghost Stories. They took a shitty anime and made it entertaining.
>>
There are actually very few dubs that I enjoy less than the Japanese version. I've come to find that most people who prefer subs are edgy teenagers trying to feel cultured.
>>
>>34919656
i'm watching monster in dub and the dialogue sometimes is quite hard to get through, i just put it down to the dub though..
>>
>>34921196
I'm 24 and I just can't watch most dubs I feel like the voice acting is absolute shit.
>>
Black Lagoon's english Dub was alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzNOTteuGc

Revy's Japanese voice is too young sounding. She sounded badass in the English dub.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.