[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I leave my small shit town to go sleep on the train in NYC?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3029.jpg (18KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3029.jpg
18KB, 275x183px
Should I leave my small shit town to go sleep on the train in NYC?
>>
as long as you don't smell bad

also there's gonna be a lot of bad smelling people asleep on the train

don't get robbed

have fun
>>
>>34917094
WAYYYYY to fucking cold this time of year my dude. Come here in May and youll be good i dont even go outside these days because of the freezing wind
>>
>>34917094
Why the fuck would you want to be in a subway in New York of all places?
>>
>>34919072
I'm too poor to afford to live there but I've always wanted to experience the big city life.
>>
>>34919274
>always wanted to experience the big city life.
Kek Its fun
>t. Homeless mannhattanite
>>
>>34919274
>mfw when sleeping on the subway is his idea of "city life"
>>
File: 1317275437402.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1317275437402.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>tfw you wilI never experience 90s NYC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
>>
>>34919274
Nyc fucking sucks in the wintertime. Go to miami and come back in june
>>
>>34917094
No. As a foreign tourist, it's full of black, mentally ill homeless people.
>>
>>34919587
And? What's wrong with black people?
>>
>>34919551
>come back in june

To what? Sweltering heat and humidity plus the stench of garbage and piss? NYC is only bearable like three months out of the year.
>>
>>34919274
OP you will quickly learn that living in a big city is the same as living anywhere else, but with more people and more concrete. It's a fun place novelty place to visit every once and a while, but the novelty wears off very quickly.
>>
>>34917094
I fell for the city meme.

It is cramped as hell, anxiety-inducing, and expensive. Do not move to one. Stay where you are, save enough money, and buy undeveloped land and live isolated. I moved back with my parents in the suburbs, and in a few more years I'll be able to do this; have learned a lot of survival skills for the type of wilderness I plan to live in and have gathered lots of supplies. Soon I'll be free from civilization.
>>
>>34919659
This OP. Unless you're rich, cities like New York and L.A. are just like anywhere else. You'll mostly stick to your area since it's a pain in the ass to go elsewhere in the city.
>>
>>34919604
that's either bait or you've never been around enough of them to know
>>
>>34919689
I grew up around them.

They're a little different, but if you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you. Some of my best friends were black.
>>
>>34919749
Same here. Most 4chan racists are sheltered as fuck suburbanites.
>>
>>34919587
Im not so bad when you get to know me
>>
>>34919659
Not OP, but being able to walk everywhere would be a massive difference. I hate driving and it took me forever to get my license. Having to drive everywhere keeps me from leaving my room as much as I would like.
>>
>>34917094
OP, the fun and cool things you admire in city lifestyle require money. So, given that you can't affort a place to stay, you won't enjoy much of them. Instead, start saving money for a small trip over some big city, where you will actually enjoy sth
>>
>>34919984
Well you'll very quickly learn to hate crowding into the subway cars with stinky bums and crying kids.
>>
Let's say, theoretically, that I actually have enough cash to reasonably live in NYC. Is it worth it?
>>
>>34919587
You just described any major US city

t. Chicagofag
>>
>>34920195
unless you're a millionaire you don't have enough
>>
>>34917094
OP, I want to "run away" with a robot on here and do something like that.
>>
Are inner-city blacks a Jewish bulwark against white competition?
>>
>>34917094
It would be an interesting experiment at the very least, OP. Try it for a week or so.
>>
>>34920195
When you say "NYC" do you mean Manhattan? Is so, see >>34920242.
>>
>>34920406
>>34920242
>>34920195
I live in manhattan and my rent is 750 including utilities. Dont get a place in the village or times square
>>
>>34920573
>manhattan
>750 including utilities

bullshit
>>
>>34917094
If you can't afford to airbnb a place in Brooklyn for a few nights, you don't have enough money to experience any of the things in NYC anyway - it all costs money.

After one night of sleeping on the subway, you'll smell and have no where to shower, and won't really have even slept well since it's bright and loud and constantly starting and stopping. Everyone will assume you're a bum, and treat you with hostility or disgust since there are so many bums around.

This is a terrible idea. Save a bit of money and have a proper visit, it will be 100% more enjoyable.
>>
>>34920573
No fucking way, oregano

How was that not original
>>
>>34920573
you either live in a literal close or you are living with 8 other people in a two room apartment
>>
>>34920731
I've seen literal closets, outside of Manhattan, where everyone on the floor shares a toilet and shower, for over $1000.
>>
>>34920912
city life is so glamorous
>>
>>34917094
Only if you film it for our enjoyment
>>
>>34920731
>>34920707
>>34920646
Got lucky. Its a very small 1 bedroom and im here alone under the condition that my landlord can sleep on the living room bed when they are in town
>>
>>34920912
Thats why you have to know someone or use craigslist. The uber expensive apartments are to bait trust fund flyovers
>>
post city pics
>>
>>34920912
AAAAHHHHHH IT'S SUCH A NIGHTMARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnl91cgYIRk
>>
the only good thing about new york is that the height and density combined with the oppressive heat in summer makes it feel like the entire city is indoors. you feel comfy safe and warm all the time which is probably why it's a nest for fags and libtards
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.