[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make money on YouTube? What do I need to know?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: youtube.gif (111KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.gif
111KB, 1280x905px
How do I make money on YouTube? What do I need to know?
>>
>>34909814
I want to make videos on yt too but I have nothing... I just want some money that all
>>
>upload video
>get one million views
Congratulations, you have earned your first dollar!
>>
>>34909862

>Its that simple anon :^)
>>
>>34909862
>a dollar for one million
My video with 3.7m views has earned me $1850 so far
>>
>>34909814
If you have a talent or hobby, that you can make a video out of it then do it

Preferably the video should be 10 minutes long, this way you're guaranteed more money

Make a google Adsense account with the same email you have and have these two accounts link together
>>
>>34909814
Appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, scream a lot, have overblown reactions to literally everything, and don't make fun of the Jews.

All you need senpai
>>
>>34909814
It's really fucking hard. Like damn near impossible. See >>34909895

3,700,000 people watched a video. Does $1850 really sound fair for having that many people watch your video? Especially if you have any overhead, you'll probably just end up breaking even.
>>
>tfw actually got my channel to start getting a lot of views from vidya videos, then quit vidya and deleted the content, now upload music that no one cares about

fuckkkkk
>>
>>34909895
>>34909947
What's the formula? Do you get paid per ad viewed?
>>
>>34909993
Considering it's only 2 minutes long and I don't have to worry about hosting it and paying for bandwidth, yeah $1850 sounds alright. It's not like I sold millions of copies of a movie, it's a 2 minute video.
>>
Step 1:

>How's it going bros my name is *your youtuba name in high pitched voice

Step 2:

>Play a game thats popular atm for like 40 minutes

Step 3:

>Well thats all folks see you in the next episode

Step 4:

>Cut out random parts from video untill its 11 minutes long to make yourself look like a pro

Step 5:

>Upload to youtube

Step 6:

>Buy subs and views

Or

>Do some crazy shit like fake a school shooting so the drama channels talk about you

Step 7:

>Make videos everyday

Step 8:

>Somehow become friends with big youtubers so they give you shoutouts

Step 9:

>Congrats, you are popular
>>
File: dankthony.jpg (181KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dankthony.jpg
181KB, 640x480px
>>34910176
>Do some crazy shit like fake a school shooting
Now this, I can do.
>>
Make videos with these titles

A COP BEAT ME UP AND RAPED ME

and then tell a 10 minute story about how you got pulled over for a broken tail light
>>
always put hot women in you are thumbnails

that's the only way a video gets past 1 million views
>>
be female
talk about edgy topics

Aaron Clarey broke this down perfectly in one of his videos.
>>
>>34910005
Not too specific on the details but a lot of people have said to make 10 minute to longer videos because you get more money that way
But the number of views doesn't reflect the same amount of money you make so you have to upload daily
This is why we have patreon, so we can beg for money without needing to work as much

Make top tens about scary stuff first, then once you've gained enough subscribers change your whole channel to whatever else, just make sure there's something to fap to like what Planet Dolan did
>>
I have good content ideas but I'm too poor to afford a computer that isnt a toaster and the good software and other equipment. Also I don't know jack shit about editing and graphic design and stuff.

Just like real life, it's all about looks over substance. Buy the good shit, make your videos look clean, throw in some clever editing, and you can be successful with probably any type of shitty content. At least that what's I've noticed. Interesting channels with poor visual quality vids dont get as many subs as the good looking ones.
>>
>>34909814
It used to be a fun thing. Now if you want to get famous you b basically have to purchase tons of ad space and do constant giveaways. Content means nothing. Sharing things with people just gets you downvotes. Posting content anywhere causes jewshilling police to come and screech autistically. OC creation is dead. Everything is just regurgitated mass produced shit. Maybe you should just pretend to be a corporation. I don't know. People are faggots now. The internet isn't a community anymore. I miss the old internet.
>>
>>34911670
This, it's actually very hard right now. Youtube is so over-saturated that it's almost impossible to get a channel big without buying fake subs and views. Uploading constantly doesn't work, and just makes your tiny channel look more pathetic. At least I can enjoy my small channel because I'm not doing it for money.
>>
>>34909814
good audio is one of the most important things if the audio is shit on the video no one will watch it.n
>>
>>34912181
Right? Upload daily to get 10 people to unsub daily!
>>
it's not enough with youtube abux, you also need a patreon account and merchandise
>>
>>34912204
*autistic screeching and dubstep intro*
>>
>>34912181
>and just makes your tiny channel look more pathetic.
>that guy that has been uploading videos for a year and they rarely get more than 100 views
>THAT SCHIZOPHRENIC GIRL WHO UPLOADS 1 HOUR LANG VIDEOS 5 TIMES A WEEK THAT LESS THAN 50 PEOPLE WATCH
>>
>>34913177
>tfw youve uploaded nearly 1,150 videos over 10 years and get 100 views a video
>>
>>34912181
>tfw you get banned for buying a measly 10k subs or views
>tfw sony botted some 1 billion views
>tfw everyone gets their cake and gets to eat it too
>tfw impossible to ever be seen because EVERYONE FUCKING CHEATED WITH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF FUCKING VIEWS

http://readwrite.com/2012/12/28/youtube-removed-billions-botted-views-universal-sony-rca-vevo/
>>
File: Nonon_jakuzure.jpg (32KB, 480x531px) Image search: [Google]
Nonon_jakuzure.jpg
32KB, 480x531px
>>34910263
Republican detected.

How do those boots taste?
>>
>TFW when brand new channel
>TFW 200 views per 10 minute video right off the bat
>TFW you make quality content for your hobby and people want to see it.
>>
>>34909862
Pretty much this. The time has passed where you're going to be making a nice income from YouTube. It's too saturated now.
>>
>>34915223
And nobody likes oc. Its just the same cheeks vomiting out content. Even pewdiepie says that and its breaking his mind
>>
>wanted to start a gaming YT channel in 07 with a friend
>we never did it
>could have been big and rich
;_;
>>
>>34909862
You don't make money with views, you make money with Patreon bucks.
>>
>>34909814
You just have to be charismatic.
>>
File: yt stats 365.png (55KB, 1158x615px) Image search: [Google]
yt stats 365.png
55KB, 1158x615px
If you don't enjoy making YT videos in the first place then there's really no point in trying to make money off of them. The pay is shit, so you might as well work at a restaurant. (The chances of you becoming the next YT superstar is low as fuck.)

If you do enjoy making them then do it for free, and monetize when you have some traction.

>pic related
I haven't bothered monetizing my channel b/c even tho that's not bad for 50 videos on a channel with no running theme, the nonsense "paycheck" from that would be tiny.

To answer OP's original question it seems that this formula works for a lot of channels:

>have british accent
>basically read wikipedia article into microphone
>put cute and/or cheeky graphics and sound effects as appropriate
>profit
>>
File: IMG_2017.jpg (55KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2017.jpg
55KB, 577x1024px
>>34916000
>gaming channels are worthless now because so many faggots and fuckers wanted easy pay quick so now YouTube gaming is over-saturated with nothing but some losers faking shit
>>
>>34909814
Don't bother. If your going to do it for money your going to hate it. Youtube's system pushes content creators to try to do quality uploads once every 1-3 days. Unless your channel is like VSauce or Game Theory where you already have 20,000,000 subscribers your fucked.

I have a channel, where I upload YTPs and Memes. But I keep it strictly nonprofit because I don't want to be releasing shitty or shitter quality for a quick buck. Besides I hate Advertisements anyway.

If you want to see my nonprofit channel click this link.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEeRVOuUAMXmKXB8ADcIcyw/featured
>>
>>34916138

do you think people would find it funny if I made a gaming channel where I breathed directly into the mic and talked about how all women hate me and I hate all women on a crappy laptop mic and also i gave up after 2 episodes and also i hate myself im not funny and kill me
>>
>>34916255
Probably
Just to anger you more
>>
>>34916255

no but your final video where you'd post your manifesto would get 60k-100k views and you'd collect a dollar for your bereaved mom
>>
File: 1487244029041.jpg (52KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1487244029041.jpg
52KB, 247x247px
>>34915214
>>34914956
>>34914206
where the fuck are your face ?
>>
>>34916682
Lurk more anon you make me sad
>>
>>34916356
In your Lamborghini
>>
>>34917157
why ? Are you going to tell me that "tfw" mean " the feel when" ? noooooo

ororogro
>>
The way you make money of Youtube is through Patreon. You create your channel and once you have a decent number of subscribers create a Patreon page and people will give you money monthly for almost no tangible benefit for them. Works a lot better if you are a pretty girl that can get a couple of betas to orbit you, but even just a medium sized gaming channel or something could make a couple hundred (or even thousand) bucks a month.
>>
>>34917755
What would you give away? It sounds so fucking gay
>>
>>34917228
*teleports memes behind you*
>>
Shill by posting the links to your videos on 4chan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29VcmGP9mBk
>>
It's REALLY not worth it anon. You'll probably have better chance with Twitch, then youtube. I have 106k views on my channel, yet only have $90.

You need such a huge subscriber, view, and minutes watched count. I just gave up, and whenever I do make a video. It's mostly because I was bored and wanted to do something. Not for the money.
>>
>>34909814
Whore yourself out with and embed your videos all over the internet, you need to be a cockroach that keeps coming back.
>>
>>34909814
YouTube shouldn't be a serious job. I still can't believe some people get paid actual money to make YouTube videos.
>>
>>34918486
Depends on the content. Some give early access to videos or even some exclusive videos. Some have started a second channel where they do something else, or more/ different content once the overall amount gets over a certain level. There is also custom stuff (e.g. Patreons get to vote on the next game in case of a vidya channel).
And it is sort of gay. It's often mentioned when referring to women extracting money from their orbiters.
>>
>>34918596
Everyone is always negative or just ignores it. My closest friends don't even want to watch even if they are in it. If I message people giving away free stuff people just cuss me out and tell me not to send them viruses.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.