[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tobacco smokers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

Why do smokers never give you a valid reason of why they do smoke? They always avoid the topic whenever you bring it.

And the self-hating is incredible,every single one of them agrees that is bad and say they can't stop because they are stupid or get ultra defensive and say because they just want to and don't need to give explanations to anyone.

I've yet to meet a single smoker that defends their habits with solid arguments and see smoking as something good.

Are smokers legit retards and people to avoid at all costs?

Stoners fuck off,look at the title.
>>
>>34906854
It's an effective normalfag repellent

leave me and my state taxed suicide plan alone, faggot
>>
>>34906854
There is no valid reason.

It's an addiction, OP. You have to be in a really good frame of mind to quit.
>>
>>34906878
>normalfag repellent
But smoking is an ultra-normie habit,almost every Chad and Stacy smokes
>>
>>34906854
I smoked because it feels good and I'm depressed and the idea of me slowly killing myself is romantic in an edgy juvenile way. I acknowledge it's autistic and cringe.

So no why would I tell a random person that "oh lmao I wanna die xD"?

I just let them regurgitate their lecture and go on with my day.

Wow OP, you're so enlightened not smoking; wow! I wish everyone knew smoking was bad lol
>>
>>34906854
I think that a lot of people do it to look cool or rebel and they're too embarrassed/ too much in denial to admit it.

When I smoked it was for the aesthetic of it and feeling edgy.

The only other valid reasons are: a) they genuinely like smoking and how it makes them feel, b) they are addicted and can't stop
>>
>>34906890
Quite the opposite. origoldo
>>
I enjoy it. The nicotine has a calming effect.
>>
>>34906854
They don't because there really is none. It just makes them feel good and keeps them coming back.
>>
>>34906854
I've been a passive smoker for 3-4 years. I will smoke on the weekends sometimes when I drink, then go without urges for weeks. I just don't have the addiction gene for cigarettes. I smoke them because they're nice. I don't know what else to say. It's nice to chat over a cigarette, they feel nice when you're in the mood for it. I think anyone that buys a pack or smokes in the morning is a savage tho
>>
>>34906913
Errrr explain.
>>
>>34906898
For every wannabe james dean chad and audrey stacy, there are innumerable normalfags who are put off by it and who will fake cough if they're in the vicinity of smoke
>>
>>34906854
Nicotine buzz. When you feel nothing all the time, just feeling something feels good, even if it's dizziness and lightheaded for a moment. It looks cool/badass. I like to pretend I'm one of those badass GIs from the war flicks who smoke, or a punk rock band member or something.
>>
File: kjbhbkjhkjb.png (116KB, 372x322px) Image search: [Google]
kjbhbkjhkjb.png
116KB, 372x322px
>>34906854

>Because it makes me feel good

>because im addicted to them

>because I want to die
>>
Second hand smoke
I get to look cool AND kill all the normies around me.
>>
I started smoking as an excuse to go outside and walk away during a party or meeting someone i know at a place. Now i can't stop without sperging our
>>
>>34906854
I smoke cigars exclusively. I enjoy the taste of them to be quite honest. Different cigars have different flavors depending on the tobacco, the wrap, etc. Its a nice thing to do while sitting outside looking up at the night sky every now and then. Its a way to relax and come back to the moment. Breathing exercises probably could achieve the same feel, but its not the same without the taste.

I dont understand why people smoke cigarettes. To me, they have zero flavor and is just harsh shit breathing into your lungs that leaves you with a bad feeling. The people who smoke cigs I think are truly addicted, versus a cigar smoker, who just does it once in a blue moon for the pure sake of enjoying the smoke.

I tried to find a related pic that wasnt of some try hard trying to be cool because people seem to think cigars=boss or some other vapid shit.
>>
btw its kind of good to be open to smoking cigs/ having experience with cigs because it can come in handy in certain situations. For socializing/ certain occasions it can definitely be a positive thing, and to me smoking symbolizes a disregard for convention and prescribed thought. In some ways it can definitely indicate subversion and thought outside of the box, as well as a laid back, non-judgmental attitude.

when your whole life you're told not to smoke and how it's bad for you, there's a sense of independence and breaking free that cigarettes can give you. Not totally worthless, just try not to get addicted and don't let your rebellious phase last too long. It's cool to experience tho, at least once.
>>
>>34906854
Tobacco and nicotine reduce the levels of estrogen in the body. Counteracting the bcp you drink in tap water.

Non smokers BTFO
>>
Havent had a smoke since Saturday. Trying to quit, again.

Smoking is nootropic which means that it kick starts your brain and makes you think faster. This is why numerous writers and intellectuals have smoked. If you're a drinker, it'll give you a bit of a kick and you'll be able to feel a little bit more sober for the time being, there's a synergistic quality between nicotine and alcohol.

That said, I've had a cold for three weeks. 20 years old, starting to wheeze a little. That's why I'm trying to quit (((again))) let's see if it works this time.
>>
>>34907059
its funny how the absolute rank smell of cigars pisses cigfags off so much.

true normie repellent imo
>>
>>34907094
smoking weed would make quitting 10 times easier, if that's something you'd wanna do.
>>
SMOKE.

its the bees knees
>>
>>34907059
>harsh shit breathing into your lungs
this, not only does it not taste good, if you want it to be less harsh, you have to buy the ones with plastic on the end. no thanks, goldstein.

cigars will always be the true man's method of inhaling fire
>>
Nicotine is a slight stimulant. The combustion of it (and most things I imagine) isn't good for your lungs. I smoke tobacco because it's an accessible and enjoyable way to consume nicotine. I've read quack articles about nicotine being a nootropic as well but as a light stimulant it has its niche. Vaping is ok but there's a special charm in a morning cigarette. That may just be the addiction speaking though

Snus are supposed to be pretty ok but I'm not interested
>>
Gives me 5 minutes once in a while to collect myself after hearing voices from schizophrenia all day.
>>
>>34907123
I don't know how this works for people, when I smoke weed I smoke way more cigarettes than I do sober

I can easily kill half a pack in a night if I'm high where usually I won't even smoke a full pack in a week
>>
>>34907123
I already smoke weed, trying to give that a bit of a break too as I started to be a "gotta smoke before work" type. I've noticed that my dreams have gotten far more vivid after taking a tolerance break from weed.
>>
>>34907144
Most stimulants double as nootropics.

>>34907150
I love a good smoke after getting high. Which is why I'm trying to stop smoking weed while I'm trying to stop smoking cigarettes.
>>
>>34907155
>I've noticed that my dreams have gotten far more vivid after taking a tolerance break from weed.
this happens to me every time, does anyone know what the fuck this is?
>>
>>34907150
>>34907155

hmm it worked well for me but i guess it was a unique situation. i would only smoke cigs when I didn't have weed, so when I finally got weed I would not bother smoke cigs. I never smoked both at the same time.

anyway gl and yeah dreams get vivid as fuck in weed withdrawals (as minor as they are)
>>
>>34907188
The only thing I've been able to find related to it is that returning Vets often smoke weed to avoid PTSD dreams. It's not well studied. Maybe after federal legalization we'll get some actual studies on it. Even dreaming on its own isn't very well understood.
>>
>>34907188
it happens to everyone its just an effect of the withdrawal from weed, and btw weed withdrawals do exist, maybe not for everyone but for me and lots of other regular smokers. symptoms include lack of appetite, body temp changes, excessive sweating and night sweats, diarrhea, vivid dreams, insomnia.

but yeah vivid dreams are very common upon cessation of weed, because weed supresses dreams and during withdrawal you experience the opposite effects of the drug.
>>
Why do people masturbate? There's a chemical release in the brain that gives you the good feels.

I didn't start smoking cigs until I was 19 because I started college and started smoking weed regularly (fuck you OP). My brother in law got me high for the first time, the first time I ever smoked anything ever it was weed - then he gave me a cigarette and said "This is going to taste better than any sober smoke will" Before that point I hadn't even had a sober smoke before so I didn't even know... but I mentally made this connection between marijuana and tobacco where one then precipitates and necessitates the other. I bridged this feeling of relaxation, joy, and peace with the act of smoking and the notion took hold.

So I smoked when I smoked, pretty much - finished off every bowl with a cigarette like it was just the natural order of things.

Eventually I had friends that wanted to smoke cigarettes beyond the cadence of the bowl cig, and this was about the time I started drinking so that also introduced the "While I'm drinking" or the "After beer" smoke, which again got cinched into my mind as this positive experience with elation and good vibes... further reinforcing the persistent thought that smoking DID make me feel good. I was then smoking the "on the way" smokes... on the way to class, on the way to the library, on the way BACK from wherever. In cars, on foot, on my bike. When I was driving I suddenly needed to do something with my hands or I fidgeted, put a cig in one hand and all of a sudden I can focus on the road, so then came the "because I'm driving" smoke. That became a problem, because I drove a lot at the time, so I was smoking a lot at the time.

I was fitting in all these cigarettes into my day, for seemingly all great reasons... each time I lit one my brain told me it was exactly what I wanted at that point in time. I had built this thought process that so strongly associated nicotine with positivity.
>>
>>34907321

I still smoke, sometimes more and sometimes less, always because it's exactly what I want. Because it feels good. Because I can remember so many other great cigarettes, great conversations in smoky rooms, post sex naked dorm room secret smokes.

I don't want to get old and die of something trivial to a young person. I don't want to fall from less than my own height and break something vital and die on my floor. I don't want to succumb to dementia. I understand the harm I'm doing to myself, but I'm also not planning on picking up jogging, or running any marathons... so fuck my lungs right?

I don't hate myself for smoking, it may be bad for my health, but it reminds me of things that make me happy.
>>
>>34907336
Take acid and then see how you feel about your lungs. You'll have an increased awareness of how fucked up they are.
>>
>>34907059
I once worked with a guy addicted to Jaime Garcia's (super gordo). He always had half a cigar lit NO MATTER WHAT.
Would go thru like 3 or 4 of those expensive boxes full of them every week it seemed. Holy christ that must be so expensive
>>
>>34907382

I'm 100% immune to LSD, have tried it plenty of times
>>
>>34906854

nicotine suppresses estrogen production. Smoking is literally the manly thing to do.
>>
>>34907397
It lowers testosterone and neutersbyou. Smokers have low sperm counts for a reason. Don't but the tobacco shills
>>
>>34906854
What are you expecting them to say? There's a few reasons people smoke and depending on your point of view they will be of variable 'validity'. The real answer is; It doesn't matter.
Personally, I started smoking just as a social thing, and now I use it to help me get through difficult/long shifts at work.
>>
>>34906854
I would think nobody would bother with the price
>>
>>34906907
Yeah i enjoy the fact that it's killing me; it's weird to explain though.
>>
>>34907448
Most smokers are fed recipients. Stupid people buy stupid shit
>>
File: IMG_3103.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3103.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>34906854
What's wrong with smokers? Let them do their addictive hobby. I've always found anti-smokers to be more obnoxious.

I kinda feel bad for smokers sometimes, they're treated like black people in the segregation era but nobody cares about their rights as people. I actually don't smoke, cigarettes are disgusting.
>>
>>34907188
Its because on weed your body doesn't go into rem sleep when you quit your body tries to catch up, there are a lot of studies on this
>>
>>34906854
I smoke because its cool obviously. On a more serious note, why do you care?
>>
>>34907547
People haves died Rom secon hand smoke. Nobody des from secondhand niggling.
>>
>>34907605
>Nobody des from secondhand niggling.

That's wrong. Just being around a nigger in the wrong place puts you in danger.

Plus second hand smoke isn't anywhere near as bad as the air in many cities.
>>
>>34907547
>What's wrong with smokers?
It's a problem if you live in a nation that'll fund these people later in life.

>smoke all day long
>gets lung cancer, has a stroke, heart disease, or any other thing as a direct cause of smoking
>national healthcare has to fork out hundreds of grands of tax payers money because they couldn't kick an addiction

If you found out meth addicts cost $100k each in tax payers money you'd be pissed too.
>
>>
I smoke cause i like the nicotine rush, though i really don't understand why people smoke them ultra light cigarettes that really are like smoking paper
>>
>>34906854
>I've yet to meet a single smoker that defends their habits with solid arguments and see smoking as something good.
that's the power of addiction
>>
Of course smokers hate themselves. They're told by everyone and everything at every opportunity that what they're doing is filthy, pathetic and will doom them to a terrible death. But it's acceptable today to bully smokers until they quit since it's in their best interests.
>>
>>34907650
Gonna ignore the enormous amount of tax put onto cigarettes, are we?
The government gets their values worth, don't worry.
>>
I just want cancer to have a valid reason for helium tanking myself.
>>
>>34906854
>Are smokers legit retards and people to avoid at all costs?
The world is nuanced, anon. Smoking is hands down retarded. However, a person can smoke and still be a brilliant mind in their field of work, and in handling interpersonal matters.
>>
because it puts off ppl like you
yea stoners are much different
you god damn retard
>>
nicotine buzz getting comfy with a nice drink
>>
>>34906854
Smokers won't acknowledge that tobacco is a drug. They can be pretty judgemental towards other people's habits too
>>
>>34906924
Wrong. Your addiction/withdrawal is making you restless and smoking gives you temporary relief. The "calming effect" is what non-smokers are experiencing 24/7.
>>
>>34908696
>this is what straight edge cucks believe
lol
>>
>>34906854
Started in the army cause it helped me stay awake and gave me a nice buzz

mostly quit, though I still smoke when I'm out drinking which is like once or twice a month

My reason is because it makes me feel good, can be a good conversation starter at bars ("hey, can I get a light/want a smoke?") and I don't care if I die anymore
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (58KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
58KB, 443x332px
I used to smoke cigarettes, but now i've moved onto pipes exclusively. Cigarettes are for little bitches.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.