[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INFP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13

Girls always hate INFP males. Even checked ideal mate threads on here and all the girls generally prefer a mate who is more extroverted, practical, logical, down to earth- aka the opposite of INFP.

Are we screwed INFP bros? Even INFP girls seem to be repulsed by us, which is weird since you'd think they'd want to spend their time with someone similar.
>>
Yes we're screwed. INFP is the beta bitch type. If you're not artistically talented or creative in any way, give up.
>>
>>34899971
Yeah I'm artistic and creative, but they don't seem to give a shit about that either unless I use it to become wealthy or gain prestige.
>>
>>34899864
The only reason you exist is as genetic padding for chads, and very unlikely to become one if you are wildly successful.
>>
>>34899864
You're right, OP. Most people don't like these kind of people at all. They're too good for this world, and most people don't appreciate this because they pair kindness with being stupid. Be strong, OP. The world needs people like you and you'll probably going to find someone who loves you for that. If I can say a good thing about people like you, is that, even though most people might try to take advantage of you, once you find someone who loves you, you might be able to experience an everlasting and wonderful relationship.
>>34899971
INFP are, in fact, creative in a lot of ways.
>>
>>34899864
I'm infj/p and I prefer the same

guess it depends on if the female is closer to infp or not. an entj isn't likely to go for an infp, you know? and it's not like there are a whole bunch of infp's around, according to the internet.
>>
>>34900128
I'm INFP and not creative at all

I only get matched up with this type because it's the closest thing to a "loser" type
>>
>>34900199
Yeah, I actually think a lot of the selfish "self-described" INFPs out there are just ESFP tumblrettes who want to feel special because the INFP archetype is naturally "romantic" and "artistic".

Sometimes I feel like actual INFPs are going extinct.
>>
>>34900128
>blah blah blah infp masterrace
I envy you INFPs who can just spew incoherent bullshit and believe it. Your lives must be really nice.

t. self hating INTP
>>
>>34900226
You either have low self-esteem or are not an INFP then lol

INTJs and INTPs sometimes get typed as INFPs when they're angsty.
>>
>>34899864
It's really weird because you can tell jack shit from whether somebody says they're "INFP" or "INTJ" or whatever the fuck except that they might fancy themselves an introvert or might fancy themselves as logical.
>>
>>34900277
I've taken this test several times across different points in my life and always gotten INFP

This stuff is just horoscopes for atheists
>>
>>34899864

Are there any INFP out there who are actually happy with their lives? The way I look at it it seems like most of us are depressed in one way or the other.
>>
>>34900226

INFPs have nothing to do with being creative.
>>
>>34900303
You're probably don't understand yourself well.

Figure out who you are so you can answer the questions true to yourself and then try again :^)
>>
>>34900320

This is because they have introverted feeling as a dominant function and extroverted intuition as secondary function.
>>
>>34900345
Or I can just not care about the test
>>
File: 1485276326255.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485276326255.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>34900277
>test is wholly unreliable
>almost everybody just gets an internet test
>people still talk about their MBTI personality types as if they offer an insight at all
Honest to God all these "INTPs do this" or "ENTJ do that" stuff is just wank with no substance. Some of you say it's just "fun" but you clearly get over value it.
>>
>>34900320
Yeah, I'm pretty happy. I feel pretty much like an outcast and don't have much going for me, but I'm content.

I was sad for a while but got over it. Guess I never really lost my optimism.

I dunno, most INFPs I've met have always been incredibly jaded and pessimistic and self-loathing, and I'm generally idealistic like the tests always say an INFP is. I think it's impossible for me to loath myself.
>>
>>34899864
Funny, because I'm INFP, and the only people who would talk to me out of pity at school were girls. Too autistic to make any moves, though, and they weren't really my friends. Just the people who would feel sorry for me, seeing my pathetic ass sitting by myself, so they would attempt conversation with me once every two or three months.
Now I'm at university and nobody talks to me.
>>
>>34900381
It's like horoscopes. People who do horoscopes do the same shit.
>>
>>34900260
I don't see how they'd be any more "self described" than we all are, since there are like two main tests that everyone seems to do from google, specifically the 16personalities test is what I'm thinking of. It doesn't make sense for them to lie about their personalities, but I don't understand lying in general so maybe there's some benefit from it as you've touched on.

that being said, I don't personally know any other infj/p females, though I do know one infj male. Most of the other introverted people I know are INTP/J's

this is all anecdote though of course, so feel free to disregard.
>>
File: smugwojak.png (5KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak.png
5KB, 213x237px
>>34900381
>another "I need to go out of my way to point out the test is bullshit because I can't have 'fun' even when I admit it's just for 'fun' "
>>
>>34900363
Then gtfo the thread.
>>
>>34900381

Are you saying the test is unreliable or MBTI is? The former is certainly true without the latter being so.
>>
>>34900423
>why would they lie
People don't know themselves. Like someone will think they're creative when everything they do is cookie-cutter and by-the-numbers. They're not lying, but they're not telling the truth either per se.
>>
>>34900435
How's it just 'fun' like people claim though? You guys manifestly take it seriously.
>>
>>34900531
It's fun. Stop taking it so seriously and trying to find a reason. Sometimes there is no reason.
>>
File: 1479701146954.jpg (72KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1479701146954.jpg
72KB, 500x558px
>>34900480
Oh, I understand now. That makes even more sense considering the results of the test are based upon how well you know yourself. Thank you.
>>
>>34900580
It's people on this board who take it seriously, that is what I'm questioning you meme.
>>
>>34900262
>>34899864
INTP here

It's even worse, I can't express my emotions so trying to flirt / express interest always ends in me dropping my spaghetti

Logic isn't everything
>>
>>34900710
They don't actually
>>
>>34900789

The empathy and emotional exchanges function is literally your weakest function.
>>
>>34899864
It sucks longing for intimacy but not being able to get it
>>
>>34899864
INFPs are hated for loving.
>>
>>34900386

I think it's impossible for me NOT to loathe myself. Like I was born with the natural temperent to loathe myself. It sucks honestly.
>>
File: KillMe.jpg (508KB, 1300x750px) Image search: [Google]
KillMe.jpg
508KB, 1300x750px
>>34899864
This is very true OP.
We were made to suffer, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
>>
File: 1425132403971.png (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425132403971.png
30KB, 400x400px
>>34901070
Same friend, same
>>
File: Imogen2.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Imogen2.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>34901093
Wish there was a place for us to hang out, maybe even a Skype group but I hear those always go down the drain
>>
Yeah I'm way too passive for my own good, but I've been working on it a lot though, I don't think we have to be stuck playing the role of doormat just because we started this way.
>>
>>34901211
I can talk to you anon, if you drop a line I'll add you on anything.

If you want we can try to make an INFP group. There was a discord made a few months ago that was absolute garbage though
>>
>>34901257

I second a notion for an INFP discord group as well.
>>
>>34901257
>>34901324
how the hell would that be regulated though?
>>
File: Imogen1.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Imogen1.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>34901257
Fuck it, add me on skype if you have it.
Name is mr.rubenpika I think.
Other INFP's feel free to add if you want
>>
>>34901324
>>34901347
Invite-only, I guess. Have a few strong-men mods (yes, an INFP can be that if need be).

Screening who is an INFP is pretty subjective and difficult. We'll decide how once it is made I guess.
>>
>>34901415
Double-posting:

Actually would you guys prefer a skype group or a discord group?
>>
File: 1486896712010.jpg (470KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1486896712010.jpg
470KB, 1275x1650px
Is INFP the True Buddhist Type?
>introverted
>puts everything in perspective
>Holds an idealistic perspective on life
>acts according to subjective standards.
>>
>>34900262
>>34900938
The thing I hate about INTP and people like you in general is that they complain about being hated and such, and even if they're supposed to be logical, and cannot understand that people hate them because they're shit. You people are obnoxious and selfish.
>I envy you INFPs who can just spew incoherent bullshit and believe it. Your lives must be really nice.
It's not incoherent bullshit and it shouldn't matter if they believe it or not. The thing about INFP's is that they are hated even though most of the time they haven't done anything wrong and decide to love people and good things.
>Being logical means being an asshole and a selfish prick
Fuck off.
>>
>>34901434

Discord group would be nice.

>>34901415

If he acts like a whiny beta he's probably an INFP. I don't think there's a need for screening, that would freak the Infp out.
>>
>>34901508
Hey, hey.

Don't get emotional over this. That's what gives us INFPs a bad name. They can believe what they want.

It'll be okay anon
>>
>>34900128
All this normie talk. The usual commonplace "you'll find someone who loves you" that normies use because they think everybody is actually entitled to love, when in reality, you absolutely have to fill some socially-set standards to even be elligible for participation. Also the love meme, people are just mating, mate.

I'm an INFP, the fucking type that likes to think life is a fairy tale, and even I find that too fictional to even consider.
>>
I made a discord, let's see where this goes

b-be gentle it's my first time

https://discord.gg/BAPpKkT
>>
>>34899864
"You are not alone, and you never will be. Even on the darkest of nights, take light in this."
>>
>>34901601
This is surprisingly active already.

yay
>>
>>34900277
Hm I've gotten both INTP and INFP.
Funny that in a site, I always get INTP, and in another (the one where the OP pic comes from) I always get INFP. The one where I always get the T type is very to-the-point and somewhat cold and analytical, while the 16personalities site is full of cute drawings and javascript.
When I got INTP I rejected the INFP results mostly because I didn't feel I was an F type. I did realize that the site gives a lot of ambiguous questions and they're subtly steered towards F-type stuff.
But recently I'm getting tired of all that thinking stuff, I don't have the mental resilience I used to have and I'm starting to have a more idealistic vision of life. I did the test where I get INFP, read it, and most of it was actually pretty accurate, I also did the one where I get INTP, got the usual result, read it, and realized I'm not into logical results all that much anymore.
I did realized, by the fact that each felt "accurate" when needed that the test is a bit of a horoscope.
I've never thought that this is a complete description of one and that it's stupid to tag yourself as ABCD, and that this provides but a description based on a few traits, at least two of which I can say are tangible. But now I also realize that your focus in life can also colour your view on the results you get.
Indeed, these past few months I've been increasingly interested in fantasy fiction, and I've been growing to have an idealist (and very fantastic too) perspective on life.
>>
bumping-bump
>>
>>34901211

Please make this anon
>>
>>34902278
Are you still there anon? we have a discord now
https://discordapp.com/channels/281617817558712330/281617817558712330
>>
>>34901556

INFPS SOUND LIKE WHINY BETAS??
>>
thought I was INTJ for years.
Then INFP two days ago.
Now INFJ today.

The test is rough when you get down to it. However it does have inherent value in terms of having a metric to discover your strengths and weaknesses.

INFJ = living contradiction

But that's okay. Could be worse, INTP is true suffering and IMO the most rapey type
>>
>>34899864
I understand your plight friend.

I am an INFP. I'm creative and artsy. I love to write piano music and I loved creating my own video game scenarios when I was a child. I had a very overactive imagination in my childhood.

Unfortunately, my hypersensitivity has scared women away too many times. I'm naturally friendly but easily prone to anxiety and depression. I can be very caring and kind and I truely wish to live in a pro social world that upholds peace. But, I also realize that benevolence is not a strong virtue in our world.
>>
I get a different result every time I take this test. Especially if time has passed. I used to score INFP a lot but I'm just not sure.
>>
>>34902399
nice dubs. I am both too. It's not like it ultimately matters.
>>
>>34902399
I am >>34901853 I may have overthought that, maybe I'm a T after all lol.
Can you say the descriptions about the types you've gotten are accurate?
>>
>>34902303
>>34901601
this server is full of normies, be warned
>>
Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!Sad!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>34902928
why did you leave us ;__;
>>
>>34902928

come back sad.. please
>>
>>34902944
because there's too many normies ._.
>>
>>34902972
what even counts as a normie to you

the definition can mean anything

just seems like there's too much talking so you got rustled

is it neptune?
>>
>>34903042
r-r-remove, anon
>>
>>34903098
I'll miss you! Dude. Come back any time.

And I friend requested you too so we can talk more
>>
>>34899864
These guys are frauds. Don't go to the discord. They're just a bunch of chads.
>>
>>34903222
nice trips neptune
>>
>>34903222
nice trips
someone's mad they got kicked though...
>>
>>34903253
>kicking robots
Hello Chad
>>
>>34903253

Those were the trips of truth.
The ones who is actually the chad, is you!
>>
>>34903253
Dunno who kicked you man. That's kinda sad sorry I wasn't paying attention
>>
>>34903271
>tfw the infps cuck you
>>
>>34903364
If that's true, then reinvite me.
>>
File: 1481163337978.jpg (19KB, 236x222px) Image search: [Google]
1481163337978.jpg
19KB, 236x222px
>>34900320
A well adjusted INFP is happy. You have to go through some pretty terrible storms of depression when you're an adolescent but once you get to know yourself you find a happiness and fulfillment that few people will experience. Furthermore, the happiness is more, so to speak, durable. I have the philosophical background to endure strife and know the beauty of being a human.

As an INFP I experience a very lush day to day life.

I have dated some artsy girls that liked me. I made mistakes with most because I hadn't learned to be alpha. I'm more alpha now but I spend more time working on my craft and career.
You guys are all jealous of chad but they are not as happy as you think. The women they attract are superficial and will leave them for the next chad. For me, the women I attract love me for my art, my inner strength my lifes work, the poetic way I see the world, the way I write. I also have a big dick
>>
>>34903383
there's no more beta way to go than getting cucked by the INFPs
>>
File: IMG_0094.jpg (82KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0094.jpg
82KB, 709x765px
>INFP but not creative

It fucking sucks
>>
>>34901601
the normies are gone now, it's good to join
>>
>>34903767
please tell me this INFP being creative thing is a mem too. I know I'm not INTP because all that intellectualism gets too autistic for even me at times and I couldn't care less about what they sperg out over.
>>
>>34903787
>https://discord.gg/BAPpKkT
No
the normies kicked me out
>>
>>34903859
Dude being NT doesn't make you creative. The N attribute is what does.
>>
>>34899864
>blablabla mental diarrhea
>be infp
>be shy bitchboy
>had 14 women/grills seriously into me over my life from wanting to be my girlfriend to straight up offering me blowjob in public place

Now shut the fuck up and find some other boogeyman excuse for your failures.
/thread and goodbye.
>>
>>34904219
>be attractive
>get women
W O W
>>
>>34904219
Yeah you sound just like the stereotypical empathetic INFP dude
>>
>>34904262
OH I AM SO SORRY MY BESTEST EVER PAL. CARE TO OFFLOAD SOME MORE OF YOUR DELUSIONS OF THE REASONS YOU FAIL WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?

Feel better now?
>This online test thingie told me how should i act and think, so obviously thats how im gonna act and think
Jesus
>>34904260
Shocker, i know.
Maybe its time you admitted to not getting any because you are hideous piece of shit instead of some made up :personality type:?

Just tough love man, i am not such a horrible piece of shit normally.
>>
>>34904347
You're really convincing us to make a change dude
>>
>>34904347
Fuck off normie chad bitch
>>
>>34904514
The thing is there is nothing to change. You just have to accept yourself cause nobody is going to do that for you.
>>34904547
wow 2 buzzwords in 5 word "sentence".
Good job, make momma proud.
>>
>>34904567
Wow, such wisdom.
>>
>>34904567
while your advice is pretty sound your delivery will prevent it from ever being absorbed this go around.

you can't beat people over the head with "the truth" you have to let them find it for themselves. it's often frustrating but from years of experience that's just how it is. people are arrogant as shit.

what you can do is leave breadcrumbs, gentle encouragements so they can point themselves in the right direction and have the satisfaction of knowing that they came to their positive conclusions themselves.

inb4 being this explicit about it leads to your outright rejection

all the best
>>
>>34904567
I have accepted myself dude

But have you accepted yourself?
>>
>mfw received infp, istp, and intp

what do i even believe
>>
>>34899864
I've found that we're pretty much fucked. If you can channel all those feel bad emotions into an artistic medium, like music, literature or drawings/paintings, you're at more of a disadvantage than most.
>>
I made a test years ago and can't remember right now if I got INFP or INFJ, but I don't think dating another one like this would be good for any of us. We'd probably end up kill ourselves together.
>>
>>34904219
you don't /thread your own post you narcissistic dickweed
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.