[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good games for shitty PC

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: vidyaa.png (201KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
vidyaa.png
201KB, 620x387px
So anons, I don't have anything to do other than play vidya... but my PC sucks... I already played Deus Ex (first and the second one), System shock 2, Doom 1,2 and 3, Morrowind, and I'm addicted to Vampire the masquerade; Bloodlines... But I need more, does anyone know any games similar? Or just good old games, doesn't have to be genre especific, RPG, FPS... anything, the only thing I don't like is building games. Pls, every 'TOP 10 old games' list I look have the same games, I need something new, sucks to have a shitty computer
>>
>>34899711
How much was your PC. Post specs.
Also I recommend oldschool runescape and terraria.
>>
I had a lot of fun with Motocross Madness 2. I'm not big on racing games but that one was really comfy.
>>
>>34899905
Just a shitty laptop really
2GB of ram
64 bits
Intel core i3 2.40GHz
windows 8 (Eats 30-40% of my ram)

That's all I know, its shitty I know but that's what I can afford ...
>>
>>34899964
Hm... seems kinda EH, but if nothing else appears...
>>
>>34899711

>>34900052
Whats your graphics card, foo
>>
>>34899711
i played minecraft on my shitty laptop from 2002 until the hard drive died in 2013 or so

you should be able to run it
>>
>>34900052
Okay, play The Binding of Isaac and Risk of Rain.
>>
Jagged Alliance 2 with 1.13 mod, hopefully you're at least a bit PC-savvy but this shit will run on a toaster

a somewhat (read: very) autistic mercenary management/combat simulator that acts as an AMAZING time-sink, musta put hundreds of hours into it over the years and haven't ever "finished" the game

the game came out in either '99 or '01 and has been continuously modded to this day, that's how stoked autists get over it

goddamn i wish that we could get a good world of darkness mmo or some shit, or at least a decent VTM:B remake or something, but my hope is for nothing i think
>>
>>34899711
warcraft 3 if you have the autism for the competitive scene
>>
>>34900163
I can't run Minecraft... I can run terraria tho, I played the shit out of it until my save corrupted...

>>34900179

Already played Binding of Isaac, but never heard about this Risk of Rain

>>34900211

They are going to make a Werewolf: Apocalypse game bro... just look it up
>>
>>34900252
run 2013 minecraft or keep reverting the version until it's stable

i had to rig the hell out of it on the shittiest machines but i've made that game run on literally everything
>>
>>34900252
There are daily threads for risk of rain. It's another roguelike and it's a side scrolling game like terraria. Very addicting and you can co op local or online.

If youre in the mmorpg mood go with oldschool runescape. You can run that shit on any toaster.
>>
File: 1478315513476.png (332KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
1478315513476.png
332KB, 554x584px
>>34900252
yeah, I did read that they were doing this

although i've idly read through a lot of the o/nWOD sourcebooks and lore n' shit, i don't really care for the whole garou thing. i think watching The Lost Boys at a young age rly turned me onto vampire shit

but ya duder get JA2 1.13
>>
>>34900296
Sounds promissing, might try it sometime, thanks

And the thing with Runescape is that I get really lost on OSRS... I can play the normal Runescape too, but them I would have to be a member to do anything...
>>
File: speccy.png (141KB, 1027x631px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
141KB, 1027x631px
Run Speccy and post a screenshot of your summary so we can give accurate recommendations.

There is an online games store literally called Good Old Games. Check it out.

Apart from that, I recommend some games from the golden age of Star Wars:
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Knights of the Old Republic II
-Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
-Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
-Republic Commando

Other recommendations:
No One Lives Forever
One Finger Death Punch
Nidhogg (play with buddy irl, or not at all)
Oldschool Worms games
>>
FEAR is a horror/fps mix, it's one of my favorites. Came out in '05 I believe.
>>
>>34899711
old school runescape is good
>>
>>34900384
GOG is called that because of DRM-free games, apart from that its just a normal store like Steam.
>>
Battlezone 2
/Thread
>>
tes:oblivion probably runs in your pc
gta up to san andreas i do not know if you like games like battle for wesnoth, it is quite an obscure game but i suggest checking it out.
mafia II
mount and blade warband
europauniversalis IV
all needforspeeds up to carbon i think.
cs 1.6 for old times sake
dark souls i do not know if it runs but check it
hitmans up to bloodline maybe.
simcity 3 or 4 check it if you like it, it is about being the owner of a city.
postal 2
old wolfsteins
>>
Not memeing, buy stardew valley. Comfiest game I havOe ever played coming from somebody who has 3k hours in morrowind and CSGO
>>
>>34899711
Half life 1 and expansions
the game does not even needs a graphic card, and you can port it to your phone if you want to using xash3d
If you're into old ass games you can download TES 1 and 2
If you're into rts you can play basically almost every rts ever made(except the ones with 3d graphics and shit)
And if you're ""that"" kind, some space and flight simulators like Orbiter 2010 and microsoft flight sim 2004
>>
I love stardew valley, but for older games I'd suggest the tomb raider games. And Diablo II.
>>
>>34899711
TES III: Morrowind my man. Oblivion too probably.

Fallout 3 is a possibility, warcraft 3, battlefield 1942(people still play), Counter Strike 1.6 or Source, Half Life 1 and 2,

You could also just go to systemrequirementslab.com and it'lll tell you which games will run on your hardware.
>>
>>34900447
TES 1 & 2 are janky as fuck to play on modern computers. You have to enter like 10 console commands just to launch it everytime you want to play
>>
play max payne 1 and 2
>>
>>34900468
Fallout 3 runs on a fucking toaster;but it needs a tidbit of tweaking
I think hl2 needs a little more to run on shitty pc's
>>
ARK
>>
You can emulate MSDOS and play some comfy Shadow President.
>>
>>34900394
Can confirm. F.E.A.R is one of the best FPS I have ever played. The expansions are just as good as the base game and it's dirt cheap on steam.
>>
POSTAL 2 Trust me dude, this game is fucking hilarious, and it's fucking roastie/southpark humor in all of its glory. It's like ten years old so you don't have to worry about specs.
>>
>>34899711
Roguelikes: Cataclysm DDA, IVAN, Stone Soup, DoomRL, too many to list.
>>
>>34900384

I really think just listing old games helps, the only recent game that I was able to run was Life is strange

Ahhh... the nostalgia... really loved those Star Wars games, worms was pretty good too, I have the new one installed

>>34900394

Have it on xbox 360

>>34900426

Looks good

>>34900428

Unfortunaly no, it doesn't run for some reason
Might try Mount and Blade

Also, dark souls doesn't run on any PC

>>34900439

Yeah I have it, got married and then... thats it... there is nothing much to do after that... was pretty good, I have strong feelings for maru

>>34900447

........ I'll get a lot of hate for this but I HATE Half life...

>>34900495

One of the best hehe, already played both, indeed those were my first PC games

>>34900638

Already played it too, had a lot of fun killing Arnold kek

Well guys guess I'm kinda hard to please I guess... I have a lot of free time so I think i've played everything...
>>
>>34899711
>Half Life 1/2/episodes
>portal 1/2
>fallout 1/2
>the lucasarts point and click adventures (Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island Series, Sam and Max, etc)
>Bioshock if you liked System Shock. Also try out the original
>TES Arena and Daggerfall if you liked morrowind
>Indie games like say cave story or meatboy or yume nikki
>Emulators are always your friend
Not sure what you like, but that's just kind of a broad range of things that could possibly run on a toaster.
>>
>>34899711
skidrowreloaded website for free games
>>
>>34899711
Torchlight 1,the game basically can run on a potato. Is pre-gud as well.
>>
>>34899711
SWKotoR I & II, Morrowind, the free rework version of Morrowind, idk.
How bad is your PC and do you have money to get a new one?
>>
File: sh3 2016-04-01 20-53-29-85.jpg (78KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
sh3 2016-04-01 20-53-29-85.jpg
78KB, 1360x768px
Silent Hunter 3, it's old but it's amazing, that first time you sink a freighter by setting all speeds / guages yourself and getting it right is pure bliss
>>
>>34899711
Play all the Half-Life & Portal games, they will run on literal potatoes and have great atories, gameplay, & replay value.
>>
File: awa.png (110KB, 204x292px) Image search: [Google]
awa.png
110KB, 204x292px
>>34899711
Mount and Blade: Warband

originalcommentaaaa
>>
>>34901515
>this game
Now i feel old.
>>
File: 1385259784621.jpg (165KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1385259784621.jpg
165KB, 850x1133px
>>34899711
Touhou
origamiblox
>>
AM2R
>>
Have played like 40 hours of osrs in the last week if you can get into it it's a great way to burn time
>>
Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection
>>
Shadowrun Returns if you like comfy cyberpunk games.
>>
Moba
>>
>>34899711
fallout 1 & 2
mount and blade warband
>>
Even the shittiest of shitbox computers can emulate old consoles and portables. You can probably play anything gamecube and earlier, as well as pretty much any gameboy game. There's also tons of great arcade games out there.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.