[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corgi vs Shiba Inu

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_1478.jpg (348KB, 1380x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1478.jpg
348KB, 1380x676px
Which meme dog should I get /r9k/?
>>
File: 1485984449525.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485984449525.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
>>34899078
Shiba
>>
>>34899093
That's what I'm leaning toward. I think I want both eventually.
>>
>>34899118
Came here to say this. Never compromise op remember that.
>>
File: 1455385479308.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455385479308.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>IN IF/B4 DOGGOREFAGGOTTOOBEEONNEST, NIGGADINDUNUFFINMUFFINS
>>
Asking /r9k/ which dog to get really isn't a responsible decision. Read about the characteristics of each dog and choose the one that best fits your lifestyle, if having a dog even fits your lifestyle.
>>
>>34900042
Thought I'd ask since I'd imagine there are a lot of people here that own one or the other.
>>
Corgis are actually bearable to be around so them
>>
>>34899078

Unless you are good at training dogs or have other small animals neither are for you.

Both have aggression problems and both have a super high prey drive. If you can deal with that I would suggest the corgi.

I have a Shiba Inu and my neighbor breeds corgis. We both bitch about how much of a chore it was training and socializing them.
>>
>>34900175
See that's the problem. I have a big yard but this would be my first dog.
>>
Shiba = patrician 4chan meme
Corgi = plebian gay reddit meme
>>
>>34899078
Corgi. Shiba Inus are well known as massive assholes and they can also make this awful sound that sounds like a human scream when they get upset.
>>
>>34900242

Shibas and Corgis do not make great first dogs. Shiba's definitely because they are intelligent and have a fuck you I do what I want streak like a cat does.

My shiba took years of socialization as in taking her to dog parks and to the local college campus to dull her aggression and anxiety to strange stimuli.

Even after that she is still like a cat in behavior and I have spent years trying to get her to behave more like a dog to no avail. My husky behaves better and more reliably than her.

Also Shibas are not dogs that you would ever really trust off leash either. That pray drive can have your dog chasing a squirrel for hours before realizing you are no longer there. The person I bought her from lost he first Shiba in a park because she trusted after 6 years it would listen, it didn't.

I enjoy spending time with my neighbor and her dogs and if I could go around again I would have bought a corgi.

Regardless don't buy a dog just because it's a meme and you think it might be cool, they are animals not jpegs and they both have unique ups and downs to ownership.
>>
>>34900339
They're both plebian gay reddit memes.
>>
>>34900175
Also worth noting that shiba are infinitely more difficult to train than a corgi
Corgis are hard but shiba are basically cats in dogs bodies
>>
File: big-akita-inu-street.jpg (50KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
big-akita-inu-street.jpg
50KB, 650x487px
Neither. Get an Akita inu.
>>
>>34899078
buy the cute one
>>
>>34900488

They have horrible health problems and if your vet is an idiot they can die from a simple surgery because their hearts are unique compared to other large dogs.

I would never get an Akita unless it was a show breeder with papers and a health history i could see.
>>
Get a mutt. Compared to purebreds, they're usually healthier and not crazy.
>>
Corgi owner here.

If you go with the corgi, be prepared to exercise it mentally a lot, a lot of what I'm about to say is probably valid for the shiba inu too.

Given that it's your first dog, be aware that it will need a lot of mental stimulation, they're both smart breeds, and smart dogs get bored very quickly, boredom quickly turns to destructive and disobedient behaviour if you're not on top of it. This is going to be even worse if you have a job which has you leaving the dog alone for more than a couple of hours at a time.

Your dog will need at least an hour of physical exercise a day, that is, running, playing fetch etc, not just walking. Ideally you'll need to find something to keep it's mind active too, teach it lots of tricks and do agility courses.

Oh and be prepared to buy a fuckton of toys and natural rawhide.
>>
>>34899078

Be prepared to spend some coin richie rich.

A good breeder is going to bend you over on a puppy.

Even the shitty backyard breeder that does inbreed shibas down the road charges $1000 USD a dog. A puppy mill will probably go for $1500-$2500 and a good reputable breeder is going to have requirements along with a $3500+ price tag.
>>
Do you want a small dog or a large guard dog? For small dogs frenchies are pretty active, pugs somewhat, llasa apso are pretty chill
>>
>>34899078
shibshibs are a handful, you'll have to be more active.

>>34900635
this though. they're also usually less expensive
>>
>>34900421
Thanks so much for all the info, anon. I'm going to think things over. Any breeds of roughly the same size that you'd recommend? I don't want something really big.
>>
File: borgerdog.jpg (91KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
borgerdog.jpg
91KB, 717x960px
>>34900695

Pugs are fun, but ours got pug encephalitis and the vet told us it's very common.

He died one day after dinner from a seizure, he was only six years old.

He also had a myriad of other health problems, poor bastard he was a cutie tho.
>>
>>34900808

hmm, tell me what type of dog you want as a companion. Like size, coat, temperament and train-ability and I will gladly try and help you find one.

I'm a dog trainer along with rescue and rehabilitation as a career so I'm very used to helping.
>>
>>34900833

Damn, RIP puggo. Mines 13 y.o. and still going strong. I'm know the inevitable is coming though, just having fun at the moment
>>
>>34901001

Hug your pug for me anon. I loved that wheezy, drooling little bastard, not a day goes by that I don't miss him.
>>
boxers are really nice. I've owned a dachshund, retriever, pug, and I have a boxer rn.
Boxer>Pug>dachshund>retriever
A boxer is very loyal. I've only had him for 7 months since he was a pup and I can take him outside without a leash and having to worry he'll run away.
>>
File: patrician-dogs.jpg (99KB, 450x378px) Image search: [Google]
patrician-dogs.jpg
99KB, 450x378px
Shibe (along with Huskies and all other similar ones) are the fedora of the dog world. Only pathetic neckbeards like them
>>
>>34901214

Guess I'm a pathetic neckbeard, but all the bitches melt come winter when I bikejor or traditionally mush my team of huskies.

I also have a shiba that all the geek chicks freak out for at cons.
>>
>>34899078
breed dogs are sick, degenerate, inbreeds

get a qt mutt, as mother nature intended
>>
>>34900421
>U HAV TO GET A TRAINING DOG B4 YOU CAN GET TEH DOG U WANT XDDDDDD

Don't listen to thos OP, get the Dog you want
>>
>>34900432
This. Get a golden retriever or a husky
>>
>>34901487

>being this retarded

Dogs are directly related to wolves and some breeds are still pretty close to their wild counter parts. Go out into yellow stone and try to play with a wolf, seriously feel free; that or google the death toll from wolf hybrids or breeds still close to their wild cousins.

There is a reason a lab a heavily domesticated dog behaves more reliably and better than say a malamute.

Shibas along with most spitz are literally a few generations of domestication from wild dogs.
>>
>>34901351
In 100 years, dog breeding will be seen as one of the most cruel, retarded, and primitive atrocities commited in our precivilized society.
>>
>>34901513
>or a husky

*vapes fedora*
>>
>>34901644
Huskies are cute af and talk to you. Why would you not want a husky? Especially compared to the meme dogs op is talking about.
>>
>>34901487

>shibas were used for years by native japanese to hunt
>it was worked into the breed to be excellent independent thinks and hunters

muh dawg won't behave like it was selectively breed for generations too. derr it will act just like a golden retriever.
>>
>>34900880
The shiba appeals to me because they're relatively short haired. I'm pretty active and would be happy to have a dog to run around with so that's not an issue.
>>
>>34901813

not that anon, but try this out

http://www.akc.org/find-a-match/
>>
>>34901104
OP here. A boxer would be a bit too big for me but I do like them a lot.
>>
>>34899078
Neither, they're both terrible breeds.
>>
>>34901826
Thanks! Springer Spaniel was one of the matches and I've always liked them as well.
>>
>>34901897

had one named bandit when I was a kid, great all around dog.

>was 200$ fro ma good breeder
>was all around well tempered and friendly
>barked a little, but not too much
>lived to be 17 years old

All around good breed of dog, only problem is that you will have to keep it's coat cleaned and brushed or it mats really badly.
>>
>>34899078
Corgo.

Shibber too high matinance.

Get neither of you can't spend hours a day with them. They require attention or they tear up your shit. Remember, dogs are family, not decorations.
>>
Shiba Inus are very hard dogs and very stubborn unless you can train them well.

Don't listen to the pug enthusiasts. They should not be allowed to breed as their lives are pure suffering from health problems just like the majority of people here.
>>
File: 1483867287990.jpg (113KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1483867287990.jpg
113KB, 882x731px
What is the GOAT breed of all time?
>>
>>34902260

Objectively the Australian Shepherd due to its great health over all other dogs.
>>
>>34899078
I don't know about the health of Shibas, but Corgis are very unhealthy. Someone actually bred a defective fucking animal, and you don't need any more defectiveness in your life.
>>
>>34902114
>Remember, dogs are family, not decorations

This, don't be nigger or spic and throw them out when you don't like them anymore. I can't believe how many dead pita and Chihuahuas Ive been driving through the hood
>>
>>34902260
chinhuhua's are pretty GOAT. Loyal and loving dogs.
>>
File: Sophie_7mths.jpg (150KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sophie_7mths.jpg
150KB, 640x480px
>>34902260
the great dane of course
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>tfw I had a dog and I treated it like shit when I was a kid
>>
>>34902279
I have an Aussie, and he's great, but saying their objectively the best breed is a little off-base.

GOAT breed is the Border Collie. It's the perfect combination of intelligence, agility, speed, and athleticism.

Only problem with them is that their a ton work to own as a pet.
>>
>>34899078
shibe no doubt
>>
What would make a good baby's first dog?
Should I just adopt some puppy at an animal shelter?
>>
>>34899078
Corgi. Shibas have shit personalities.
>>
>>34903592
Worth clarifying; I don't actually mean a dog for a baby, but a dog that will friendly to a dumb ass like myself.
>>
>>34899078
GET A FUCKING SHIBA
THEY ARE SO ADORABLE AND FLUFFY AND SOFT AND LOVING AND CUTE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH THEY LOOK LIKE TOASTED MARSHMALLOWS
they also act like a cat btw so just keep that in mind
but other than that 10/10 dog get a shiba
>>
File: download.jpg (103KB, 645x380px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
103KB, 645x380px
>>34903592

Mutts usually make great dogs.

If you must have a breed Newfoundlands make great family and children dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSP8we71DSY
>>
>>34902260
weimaraner or irish setter
>>
File: irishdog.jpg (189KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
irishdog.jpg
189KB, 800x1120px
>>34903702
plus they can fetch really well
>>
File: 1480293308760.png (242KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1480293308760.png
242KB, 511x428px
I'm going to adopt a mutt soon because pure breeds are the Chads of the dog world.

I can relate to the mutt. We're both everyone's last choice.
>>
>>34899078
Rottweiler

duh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL608WmNORc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f36TVWQn7Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk2tkh8RlMc
>>
>not getting a Jack Russel

fucking plebs
>>
>>34904152

I have a rotty mix, his dad was a good dog so yea Rotts are pretty cool if your city doesn't ban them outright.
>>
>>34904152
I really do like big breeds like that but I'm in a townhouse right now. Maybe when I get a real house.
>>
>>34904364

Also check with your city laws, some bully breeds along with rotts are straight up banned and they will take your dog, euthanize it then send you a nice bill and ticket to pay.
>>
>>34902260
Labradoodle for sure
>>
>>34904364
Yeah, Rotties like room to wander around.
>>
>>34904405
Reason #gorillion to live in a rural area.
>>
For your first time owning a dog you should get a dog that likes to sit and take it easy not a shibe that will need constant exercise and mental stimulation
>>
File: Black Pug Sammich.jpg (109KB, 719x960px) Image search: [Google]
Black Pug Sammich.jpg
109KB, 719x960px
>>34900833
>That pic

I just had to caption that; couldn't resist.
>>
>>34904708

I'm that anon, pretty good edit.

I used to dress that pug up in all kinds of crazy costumes.

Sadly my biggest hard drive with all my photos decided it wanted to fail, it's sad because now that he is gone I wish I had them more than ever.
>>
Comfy thread, lads. Wish we had more of these.
>>
File: corgi-3.jpg (16KB, 465x251px) Image search: [Google]
corgi-3.jpg
16KB, 465x251px
>>34899078
Get a corgi
>tiny legs
>qt af
>fluffy
>>
>>34905015
I think something should also be discussed that hasn't really been enough: Shedding.

Corgis shed a lot. So much that you have to suspect they reproduce asexually. You brush/comb the loose fur out of them, you end up with enough old fur to make another Corgi.
>>
>>34899078

Sister has a corgi, it's a pretty calm dog, good for someone chill. We have burger collies too, they require way more activity or they get restless as fuck.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.