[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone here gone to the depression doctor? I want to make

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
has anyone here gone to the depression doctor?
I want to make an appointment but I don't want to get my hopes up thinking that they can actually help. I appreciate all responses.
>>
>>34896708
My doctor once assumed I was doctor when I mentioned being tired all the time. All I wanted was some modafinil but now everytime I see him I feel awkward and give him that smile telling him I'm good.
>>
>>34896708
depression is a meme. you're probably deficient in vitamin d and/or zinc
>>
>My mother is one
>NEET living at home
>Stop diagnosing me

I'd imagine it'd be quite relieving in moderation and a nice setting
>>
>>34896708

I did once a few years ago. They get it all the time so are surprisingly cool about it.

I took meds for a few months even, really gave me a boost. I was less anxious and felt really good about life. Kills your dick though is the problem, making your new found confidence good for nothing
>>
>>34897022
>My doctor once assumed I was doctor
Was doctor depressed?
>>
>>34897022
If you're in the US try adrafinil, it's a prodrug to modafinil. Not as powerful, have to take about 3 times as much, but it has very similar effects.
>>
>>34896708
I've been seeing psychiatrists for 4 years starting at 18 and then a psychologist until now. Psychologists are better. Don't take SSRI's lightly, they didn't work for me and I think they work for only 30% of people anyway. They can fuck you up if you take em for a while and you don't mesh.

All that said, I'm still depressed and recently an alcoholic. Good luck and cheers.
>>
helps some people
turns people like me (and many of the people on here I imagine) into even more ireedemable cynics who will never be able to see doctors as anything more than evil pill pushing jews again
good luck, anon
>>
>>34897894

Oh they are for sure. The drugs can be helpful
>>
>>34896708
Go doctors.
If you feel the doctor you're seeing isn't giving you the help you need, ask for another doctor.
There will be someone that can help you.
Just don't be afraid to get out there and ask for help.
>>
There's no one left. anons plz talk to me
>>
>>34897990

Lots of people take meds and don't have any luck.

I took meds, then saw a therapist. Got short term gains, I became a solid normie imposter for a year before falling back into my old habits
>>
>>34896708
Id imagine it depends on the depth of your personal issues and how extremely they affect you. I'm finishing up DNMS (developmental needs meeting strategy) therapy and my counselor doesn't believe I need to see a psychiatrist due to my desire to really push forward. Get a list of therapists/psychologists/psychiatrists in your network and go online and read about every single one you are in range of. Decide who you want, make the call for a consultation and see how you feel from there
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.