[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANTIDEPRESSANTS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pills[1].jpg (65KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
pills[1].jpg
65KB, 640x428px
Been taking Citalopram for 4 months now

Should I stop? Haven't had a depressive episode for the last couple of months now but I just feel emotionally numb. Anyone else had any experience with this or other antidepressants?

Also general depression thread if you need a vent
>>
I took Prozac and had a nervous breakdown.
>>
>>34895973
imo discuss how you feel with your psychiatrist rather than /r9k/ - not that you shouldn't listen to other people, more that if that's how you're feeling they should know about it.

hope you're doing okay anon, and don't get complacent - keep doing therapy/making an effort however dumb or useless it seems
>>
>>34896067
>don't get complacent

That's actually exactly how I'm feeling, like I'm just leaning on the pills just to keep the worst thoughts at bay but not really doing anything else.

I've never gone into therapy, my doctor just wrote a prescription for the meds and that was that. I just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience in using meds long-term and whether they just get dependant on them.
>>
>>34896161
ah fair enough man. I can only speak from my experience with therapy - I've never been put on any meds. After a pretty bad adolescence, once I had to talk to people about it, whatever depressive episode I was in magically disappeared and I thought I didn't have to make an effort with the exercises and things they were giving me any more, only to find it hit me harder a year afterwards. That's the only reason I'd recommend sticking to 'the program' and being upfront with whatever medical professionals you're in touch with at the moment.
>>
>>34896161
The end game is no meds and being healthy so if you can skip to that that's great...

i just stoppped taking the meds and im fine. had so much social anxiety i almost couldn't talk sometimes two years ago. im popular now
>>
>>34896161
I'm on ssri's too. Just remember Anon; these are not the end-all for your problems, they put you in the position to begin working to better yourself and naturally level out your serotonin while reducing your ssri intake slowly, as you go. If you feel you're ready for the next step, simply don't like what they're currently doing for you, or any other thing you can think of, do what the other anon said and talk to your psychiatrist about the next step you need to take. Don't just live on them forever.
>>
>>34896269
I'm not really involved in any "program" per se. I quit my masters degree and told friends and family shortly after beginning the medication. Starting a new job next week in Engineering. Hopefully pursuing a career will give me some sense of purpose

Hope it's all working out for you though

>>34896287
I actually manage to get on top of my social anxiety, talking to people was okay for me. It's just when I turn out to like someone I just instantly get the fear of being judged. Glad you've come out on top though anon

>>34896329
As I've said before, I've tried making a change in my situation so I'll see how it pans out from there. I've been thinking about ongoing therapy, just so someone's there in case a regress to how I was not so long ago
>>
>>34896525
Fair enough man, glad to hear - since I left university and started a job in programming I've definitely got on better, if only because of the structure it gives my life. Thanks for the good wishes - if you ever need to vent then shoot me an email at bish0pr0d3n at gmail.com - take care of yourself :)
>>
I've been on Prozac since may. It was super intense at first but then it made me really happy and confident all the time. I stopped feeling the effects after about 4 months though and had a big depressive episode. It was great while it lasted. I've been taking ketamine a bit recently and it's actually made a huge difference as far as I can tell.
>>
>>34896654
how 2 get ketamine?
>>
>>34896643
y-you too!

>>34896654
I used to smoke a shit tonne of weed just to escape reality for a bit. Would wake up each morning feeling as bad as ever though.

I thought only chavs railed Ket lol
>>
Went off sertraline (zoloft) about 6 months back, I notice I cry more easily but other than that everything's pretty okay and the diarrhea has stopped
>>
Sertralin aka Zoloft here. I stopped using it when I kinda knew my situation would get more interesting (less depressing) after a year of using it (had some therapy sessions). I think the therapy did help me understand myself more, and the pills just made my life more manageable at that time.

I just hope you really feel like you can stop. I would definitely discuss this stuff with a psychiatrist or something.

Also, I got tired of having to fap for an hour desu :^)
>>
>>34895973
they're literally sugar pills don't waste the money
>>
That's what antidepressants do. They're not intended as something to cure you, they're there to help ease you into a stable position so that you can begin recovering from that point.
The way they achieve this is not by making you happy or content, but actually they numb you to all emotional extremes, and this doesn't just include the negative feelings, it includes the positive ones too. This is actually why there's such a high risk of suicide for people just starting on anti's, because consequently it dulls the emotions that were previously preventing them from going the whole hog.

For me, my problem was that I wasn't living in the real world, I was living in my head. Constantly worried, constantly anxious, constantly trying to guess and predict my course in life. So stressed out all the time, I never really just let myself be. I filled my life up with noise, I couldn't bear the silence, so I always had to be reading, watching, listening. I couldn't even go take a dump without playing a Youtube video on my laptop, so I could drown out the deafening noise of my thoughts.

I was on Prozac for about 2 years, and by the end of that 2 years I realised I didn't really feel any different. I was putting something inorganic into an organic body to rectify an organic problem. It was from that point I decided that if I wanted to really improve my life, I had to stop focusing exclusively on my mind. Your brain isn't thing that exists as a binary to your body, that being either it is and isn't, everything that it is you do in your life feeds into your mindset and your mood, because, obviously, it's a system.
>>
>>34897087
You need regimen in your life. You need discipline, you need a new diet, to cut out all the junkfood and the garbage, feed yourself things you know will nourish your body, not just the things that taste good. Drink a lot, hydrate yourself, your body needs lubricating, we're 50-65% water, not Move, exercise, your body is a machine and if you leave it too long it begins to rust and break down. Feed your mind as well. Study mindfulness, get into meditation, which is the art of 'being'.

I would go into it further but I need to go, social requirements. That's another thing though, don't isolate yourself, it only feeds the monster. Mental illness thrives off of isolation probably more than anything.
>>
>>34895973
Citalopram took away years of my life.
It absolutely ruined me.
Quit cold turkey in November, haven't ever felt better.
I've NEVER ONCE heard a single person say Citalopram has ever done anything positive for them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.