[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people dislike a quiet person?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Rodin.jpg (59KB, 729x463px)
Rodin.jpg
59KB, 729x463px
Why do people dislike a quiet person?
>>
>>34895870
It usually implies that person who is arrogant and puts distance on purpose. There's a difference between quiet person and person who talks a little.
>>
Because everybody is insecure and they're worried if someone isnt speaking then they're thinking bad things about them or don't like them
>>
>>34895870
People don't like the unknown. When someone is quiet they can't always get a good read on what the person is thinking and so it makes them anxious.
>>
>>34895870
normalfags want to see themselves in others, it makes them very uncomfortable when they don't
>>
>>34895870
Good question.

I guess not all do, and it depends on the context. In many contexts, the loud person will be the one disliked. I think it has something to do with conformism, about doing what the rest of the group is doing, for the sake of doing it. In the case of a library, being loud has practical consequences and makes it hard for some to concentrate on their readings, so that's different. In a social activity though, I guess it's because we often associate being quiet with being sad. This is cultural I think. There are some languages like native american languages where small talk wasn't really a thing, and would feel odd and forced to the speakers of that language, for various linguistic reasons. There are also some languages where things are taken more literally, where being sarcastic is hard to translate and just sounds weird.

In east-asian countries, not participating in some group activity (either at school or at work, especially at school) is more frowned upon than it is in the west. Or not partaking in some trend, people will notice more, and may outright ask you why you are not participating. I think there was this incredibly popular show once in Japan where someone or some character prepared some recipe involving bananas and the next day Japan basically ran out of bananas.
>>
i love fucking with people because im quiet
>>
>>34896046
I can understand the social thing. If it's a more social culture that's one thing. But if there's some meaningless trend, I'm not really sold on that. I'd just say I wasn't interested in it, and there was no objective value in it. Perhaps it's autism, perhaps it isn't. Sounds dumb as fuck to just start wearing the same striped ties or whatever though.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 192x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 192x144px
Most normalfags are people.
People enjoy life.

And as we all know, it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

To be silent is to oppose life and virility.

>t. "Damn anon you should wear a bell"
>>
>>34897638
>And as we all know, it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
t. le nice guy intellectual xd
>>
>>34895870
They want to know what they're dealing with. A quiet person is like a locked box, if the box was alive.
t. increasingly quiet person trying to break out of it slightly
>>
>>34895870
Apparently they think they quiet person thinks they're better then them.

Seriously, that what some dude in my school told me when were had to do a project together. I couldn't help but just laugh at the thought of me having any sense of ego.
>>
>>34895870
Two things:
1.) You come off as arrogant/stand-offish. Most people will assume you don't talk to them because you don't like them.
2.) If you're just characteristically quiet, they'll assume that you're socially anxious, which means you don't contribute anything to your life. They won't actively dislike you, but they won't respect you either since you don't bring anything socially to the table
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.