[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw realize a dear memory of mine was just a dream

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1479247236337.jpg (129KB, 668x712px)
1479247236337.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
>tfw realize a dear memory of mine was just a dream
>>
>fell in love with a girl when I was a teenager
>realize it was just a dream
>still miss her to this day
>>
>>34895634
this happens way more than I'd like to admit. even just day dreams clutter my memory at this point.
>>
>>34895687
I'm with this anon.

>Feel regret about things that happened in my childhood. Torment myself over them, then realise they didn't happen.
>>
I, I want to go, I want to run, run to the sound, sound of my dream
>>
>>34895714
sorta opposite for me, loads of positive memories are just fantasies. I honestly can't remember a positive experience with people that for sure happened.
>>
File: 1453297381660.png (12KB, 712x520px) Image search: [Google]
1453297381660.png
12KB, 712x520px
>day dream about being socially humiliated
>wrecks my whole day

>day dream about someone betraying me
>permanently tarnishes my view of that person
>>
File: 1475960966757.png (783KB, 1500x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1475960966757.png
783KB, 1500x1796px
>beginning to doubt I even exist
>>
File: TaL3zC7.jpg (122KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
TaL3zC7.jpg
122KB, 700x700px
>>34895634
>tfw i never had any friends and my parents never allowed me to go outside so my only good memories are of daydreaming about having a life, going on adventures with my imaginary friends, etc.
>tfw my inner world has reached a level of sophistication, depth and breadth so vastly superior to my dull and drab existence in the so called real world, i feel no desire to interact with humans outside of /r9k/ and no desire to do anything with my life because it could never live up to the exhilaration and satisfaction of daydreaming every waking minute.
>tfw i'd be satisfied with having locked-in syndrome and being force fed, bathed, etc. just so i'd have less distractions keeping me from daydreaming
>>
>>34895778
As you get older I think memories get more and more idealized as well. Good moments you will look on as extraordinary and bad incidents will seem worse then they actually were at the time.

>Mfw I still have nightmares and waking fantasies about collect but objectively it wasn't that bad of an experience
>>
>>34895875
Bump for interesting thread. Its partly the reason why courts treat eye witness evidence with a large degree of skepticism if the crime was alleged to have been committed decades ago. Human memory is extremely fallible. I could not give you an accurate description of everything I did last week.
>>
>have clear and vivid memories of an event from childhood
>relatives tell me that's not how it went at all
>i insist
>they show me a vhs tape and it confirms their version
what the fuck
>>
>>34896112
Often what we think about the event - the feelings associated with it - cloud the reality especially after long periods of time.
>>
>continually lie about my life to other people to seem more interesting
>eventually can't remember if its actually a lie or not
>>
File: 1486371966415.png (181KB, 594x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486371966415.png
181KB, 594x600px
>have a certain negative childhood memory for years
>bring it up with my parents one time, in a "do you remember that time when..." way
>they tell me that it never happened and must have been some dream I had
guys what the fuck
>>
>>34896192
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
>>
>>34896232
That's pretty fucked up

originandos
>>
>>34895834
Id love to know about your inner world anon
>>
>Day dream about what i'd do for my girlfriend if i had one.
>Think up all sort of stuff like where we live and what stuff we'd buy at IKEA because we're not well off.
>Find recipes for valentines day dinners on youtube. Full 3 course.
>Spend all valentines day morning making enough for two people so i can be ready for when i get a girlfriend.

I guess i'm at that point in life where i realize how much of a failure i am. I'm in my 20s doing highschool classes because i'm a giant fuck up.

>>34896192
I remember my mom hitting me once and her explanation was that i was doing something "evil" to my brother when both me and my brother remember it as us playfighting.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.