[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are you smarter than the POTUS?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (120KB, 484x505px)
image.jpg
120KB, 484x505px
are you smarter than the POTUS?
>>
>>34895502

I'd be embarrassed to say I wasn't.
>>
That's a difficult question to answer.

I mean, he's the president of the United States and a billionaire, while I'm not. Now you don't need to be a genius to become the leader of a country, something that history has been keen to teach us. Luck, and in extension money, does however tend to favour the skilled. I'm not saying that this is the case every time, but I wouldn't doubt that there's a connection.

But then you have to include the socioeconomic factors, and you should probably also look at the whole thing in a relative perspective. Is Donald among the smart one's of the college he attended, or is he just some dumb, privileged rich kid?

You can teach anyone anything if you do it the right way, and give them enough time: You'd be amazed of what a skilled dog trainer can learn his dogs.

And we also need to consider that regarding his business, Trump has probably always had very competent advisors, considering how he did inherit the enterprise.

In my personal opinion he's most likely of average intelligence or a sociopath, because I do not believe that a man of higher intellect would stoop to the same low's as Donald has on purpose.
>>
File: 1483248295.png (124KB, 592x334px) Image search: [Google]
1483248295.png
124KB, 592x334px
>>34895502
I believe Trump is slightly smarter than the average American at least, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to convince them to vote for him. However, as we all know, the education system there isn't particulary great
>>
you don't recognize how normal politicians operate and how trump operates. you compare him to what you expect a career politician to vomit out in front of a microphone, but you yourselves wouldn't say anything w/o preparation. and just like you he doesn't come prepared

he's a salesman who decided he knows how to do the work better than supposed pr gurus and veteran politicians. they memorize whole premade speeches and pull phrases from them, even for mundane interviews. he uses bullet points and just stacks them without a care if he sounds smart or not, if the whole thing is concise or not, just shovels them out there, adds something inflammatory to punctuate it, draw attention, get mentioned in the news

he's ahead of the game right now, the way the media works, the amount of noise you have to compete with, he gets through and doesn't care about sounding educated or even competent, because people lost hope of being able to gauge that out of slick talking career politicians ages ago and the media hardly ever shows more than snippets - and even when they do show more lots of people don't bother with it

> Trump has probably always had very competent advisors, considering how he did inherit the enterprise

considering how he started and behaves, most likely not

>I do not believe that a man of higher intellect would stoop to the same low's as Donald has on purpose.

you underestimate his ego's ability to undermine him when he's not paying attention
>>
>>34896566
I opened this window to criticize this post, but then I read it again and realised anon was probably on the money.
>>
File: 1486715666604.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486715666604.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>34896184
>Thinking there isn't a massive party of individuals behind Trump pulling the strings to guide their hidden agendas
>>
>>34895502
>are you smarter than the POTUS?
I think so, probably
>>
>thinking Trump isn't smart
I thought even most liberals gave up on this line of thought by now. He's an expert manipulator.
>>
>>34895502
That question is loaded as fuck. If you take away all the filler, it's basically "Why are you an anti-semite?". It's difficult to answer that without being called a nazi, a zionist or both.

And to answer your question, most likely no. Trump was thought of as a joke at the start of the election and against all odds he won. You can say it's the advisors or "muh Putin", but even with those a retard wouldn't have pulled it off.

Trump's policies are also not that bad, if you're willing to look at them closely. You can argue for example that the ban on certain immigration from some nations is unethical, but the effect on economy and safety is objectively positive.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 256x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 256x245px
>>34897177

>thinking trump is smart
>thinking the consensus is that he's smart

thanks for reminding me that his supporters are just as dumb as he is and don't catch the obvious signs of his stupidity
>>
>>34897301
yeah plus these "anti-semetic incidents" are not anti-semetic
>>
Spontaneous verbal language always looks like shit when written down.

Gas yourself.
>>
>>34897177
>le 4d chest xD
In all honesty it was actually his nationalist rhetoric and optimism that attracted people to vote for him. I would be genuinely surprised if even his voters considered him an intellectual. All the democrats offered was neoliberal globalism and false social "progress".
>>
>>34897177
He's not the manipulator. He's a flashy puppet and Pence is the puppet master.
>>
File: 3948671.jpg (10KB, 220x305px) Image search: [Google]
3948671.jpg
10KB, 220x305px
>>34896063
>and we also need to consider that regarding his business, trump has probably always had very competent advisors, considering how he did inherit the enterprise
Yeah, The Kush is the brains behind Trump.
>>
>>34897338
You probably think George W. Bush was an idiot too.
>>
>>34897301

>And to answer your question, most likely no. Trump was thought of as a joke at the start of the election and against all odds he won. You can say it's the advisors or "muh Putin", but even with those a retard wouldn't have pulled it off.

are you saying that winning a democratic election is evidence of his intelligence? a significant portion, possibly the majority, of the population is uneducated. further, it's been shown that trump's voter base is largely comprised of uneducated working class white men. he won the election because a significant portion of the country is uneducated and are intimidated by political talk that they don't understand. trump gives blind reassurances that he's "the best" and that those that disagree with him are wrong or dishonest. without facts to clutter these blind reassurances, it appeals to the uneducated working class because he promises to fix their problems and undermines his opponents with petty, irrelevant insults that look like valid criticisms to the uninformed.

even further, he didn't even win the popular vote. the claim his winning of the election isn't even a good point because he only won on a technicality.

if you inspect his public interactions, he clearly shows an ignorance about relevant issues, a disregard for evidence backed facts, and a strategy of diverting attention from his incompetence by attacking his enemies with petty insults when it comes up
>>
>>34897492

I don't have an opinion on George bush's intelligence because his presidency ended when I was 14. from what I've seen of him since, he seems like a reasonably intelligent man with conservative values, but again, I haven't seen as much of his as I have of trump.
>>
>>34897570
>a significant portion, possibly the majority, of the population is uneducated.
Exactly. Realizing that and using it for your own good is intelligent. If winning the election because of the uneducated is so easy, I wonder why you're not the president of your nation yet.

>even further, he didn't even win the popular vote
Irrelevant. He won and that's it. If you lost a game you won't go around saying you would have won if the rules were different. Furthermore, you can't directly take the results of an electoral college vote and put them to popular vote. Why would a californian republican or a democrat from Texas even bother to vote?

Your reply shows well that the uneducated are not the only ones who are easy to manipulate. Try to look at things without your obvious bias, and do not trust everything the mainstream media tells you.

>inb4 /pol/
That place is pure cancer and I have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>34897570
>are you saying that winning a democratic election is evidence of his intelligence? a significant portion, possibly the majority, of the population is uneducated. further, it's been shown that trump's voter base is largely comprised of uneducated working class white men. he won the election because a significant portion of the country is uneducated and are intimidated by political talk that they don't understand. trump gives blind reassurances that he's "the best" and that those that disagree with him are wrong or dishonest. without facts to clutter these blind reassurances, it appeals to the uneducated working class because he promises to fix their problems and undermines his opponents with petty, irrelevant insults that look like valid criticisms to the uninformed.

so he does what every president has done for centuries....
>>
>>34897338
>thinking that someone who managed a company isn't smart
lol

Believe it or not, leftist fuck, people who are wealthy are generally smart. If you take away someone's wealth, either they or their offspring will get it back over time, because they're genetically smart enough to do so. It's not just lucky chance that some people get wealthy like how Occupy Wall Street types think it is.
>>
>>34897813
>Furthermore, you can't directly take the results of an electoral college vote and put them to popular vote. Why would a californian republican or a democrat from Texas even bother to vote?
what do you mean? are you saying that the popular vote is an inaccurate representation of support for any candidate because the current system discourages people from voting if they know their vote will be irrelevant in comparison to the majority that dominates their state?
>>
>>34897813

>Exactly. Realizing that and using it for your own good is intelligent. If winning the election because of the uneducated is so easy, I wonder why you're not the president of your nation yet.

I agree that it was an intelligent decision to manipulate the uneducated working class to get to the presidency, but it doesn't extend to trump himself. I intelligent people can make intelligent decisions.

the last statement is nonsense and a downright bad argument. I'm 21, I obviously can't be president. additionally, the majority of great minds from history weren't the leaders of their home countries.

>Your reply shows well that the uneducated are not the only ones who are easy to manipulate. Try to look at things without your obvious bias, and do not trust everything the mainstream media tells you.

I dislike trump, and my post showed that. I didn't claim to be bipartisan. if I'm being manipulated, then by whom? the picture from the OP is a quote from trump himself and shows him diverting attention away from his inability to answer the question. you can see more of his idiocy on display on his personal Twitter account. if you think the "mainstream media," which you should specify what constitutes the mainstream media, then why don't you give me some alternative sources for news? the last time I asked for an alternative source on here, I was called an idiot. it the news sites that I come across when looking for news aren't reputable, then what sites are? I'm sincere in this request because everyone I post something negative about trump I'm told my opinions are the result of manipulation by the "mainstream media" and I'm never given any alternatives.
>>
>>34898321

>he's wealthy so he's smart

that's a bad argument. paris Hilton is an easy counter example. you'll have to give another argument
>>
>>34898519
Exception to the rule, try again.
>>
>>34898524

the exception shows that one can be wealthy without being smart, hence wealth doesn't imply intelligence. it follows that you can't conclude that trump is intelligent because he's wealthy.
>>
>>34896923
>A conspiracy with only an assertion instead of evidence.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.