[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here is private investor NEET status?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: gettyimages-511000941_large.jpg (74KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-511000941_large.jpg
74KB, 580x387px
>Be me, learn how to invest money
>Get decent at it, and lucky
>Feeling pretty happy with myself
>Message ex to say I'm rich despite being a failure
>Mom gets call from police saying my ex feels threatened and never to contact her again

Who else here is a private investor NEET? It's not a bad idea. You have nothing to do all day, so you can spend it monitoring the market and making good investments. All you have to do is sit on your ass playing videogames hoping the stocks go up. I recommend you goys look into it.
>>
>>34891117
It's a zero sum game, I'd never do it.
>>
>>34891117
Where do you get the starting capital?
>>
>>34891117
Can you give a step-by-step guide to this? Also, how much does it vary by country (ausfag here)?
>>
investing is a joke.
it's either so piss easy literally all you have to do is have money to spend, or it's a random gamble.

I buy various precious metals and land. It's so fucking boring and easy to make money with, I employee two people to manage it because I just don't care anymore.
>hey gold went down
>k buy it
>hey gold went up
>k sell it
>hey this land is cheap
>k buy it
so on and so forth.
stocks are a joke and you'd have better luck in vagas trying to make money.
>>
You need to be rich to begin with to even be able to live off of this
>>
>>34891117
>"rich NEET investor"
>still lives at home
the fuck?
>>
where does one put a small sum of money like $1000 to get started in investing

like what are my options aside from CDs and bonds
>>
>>34891117
I don't know how how stocks works and I can't into math
>>
https://www.spreadex.com/financials

I have used this website before, it is easier to understand than buying stock through an online broker and you need less capital to get started.

For UK anons only
>>
>>34891171
So what do you use all your cash on anon?
>tfw no easy money flow to spend on following my autistic interest
>>
>>34891117
>Story about investing
>sneak in sub plot about stalking

I like this
>>
File: 144394832140.jpg (128KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
144394832140.jpg
128KB, 400x560px
>>34891117
>2017
>not being a crypto neet

Made 20K of pepecash so far and it's still raising. Join us and become one of the pioneers of a new age of money.
>>
>>34891144
I went to college for only a year so I had money from not going.

>>34891151
First make an account with something like etrade. I started by investing in vidya companies. My first investment was in Nintendo before the wii came out. Usually I'd pick up stocks for vidya companies before a big game release. Patience is extremely important, so be prepared to wait years and years for this to pay off.

>>34891191
I'm terrible at math, but if you have a nice sense of what might trend, that's better than math.

>>34891190
The big names like Google, FB. Ones that will only steadily go up over time.
>>
>>34891243
>So what do you use all your cash on anon?
gaining more cash. there is literally nothing to do in life that's worth while. I've fucked, been fucked, traveled, eat foods, did drugs, went on expeditions, it's all the same shit

now I just grow my wealth for my kids so their kids can become worthless drug addict NEETs.
hopefully one of them does something worthwhile.
>>
>>34891272
Also this is true
>>
>>34891177
If I moved out I'd be alone and would probably kill myself.
>>
>>34891314
>I've fucked, been fucked, traveled, eat foods, did drugs, went on expeditions, it's all the same shit
I'm sorry you can't find anything fun anymore anon.
>iv'e fucked and been fucked
>my kids
NORMIE REE

>tfw no piles of money to fund deep ocean exploration
>>
>>34891298

Take it from someone who actually does this for a living in a real asset management firm.

You have no idea how this shit works.

If you think that any of your investing successes were anything other than luck you are delusional.
>>
>>34891383
You are right. I mostly have no idea what's going on, but I'm lucky. You are probably just pic related
>>
Yup, part-time NEET investing to become full-NEET. Best way desu senpai.
>>
>>34891454

I'm assuming you've never looked inside a 10-K form.

So if you are serious about this I would suggest for starters learning how to read and interpret annual/quarterly statements and how to do DCF valuations.

Furthermore you have to understand just how badly you are underestimating the efficiency of market pricing. Most of the money in the stock market is from institutional investors, i.e. an entire industry full of very well educated, well paid people spending their entire days trying to outsmart each-other.

So when you are "picking up stocks for vidya companies before a big game release" you are not "ahead" of the market. Do you really think that people who invest literal hundreds millions of dollars into say Nintendo don't know when the next game or the next console is coming out?

When you see price action after a release of a game of a console, it's not the market reacting to the release of the product, it's the market readjusting its expectation.

That's why sometimes positive earning reports end up in the price of a stock going down. It's all about what the market was expecting out of the earnings and what was priced in based on that expectation.

So when a price of a video game company stock goes up after good sales of a video game, it's not because it sold well, it's because it sold better than expected.

And this is just the tip of the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>34891686
>Do you really think that people who invest literal hundreds millions of dollars into say Nintendo don't know when the next game or the next console is coming out?
The Pokemon Go bump proves they don't.
>>
>>34891117
Sounds nice, but you have to wageslave fpr years to even start hoping for some decent profit from starting capital, even then stocks are mostly gambling.
Whats this richfag >>34891171 does is way more solid but he is rich and already had capital. I think.
>>
>>34891720

So you would have known that a shitty geolocation web game based on an old IP could become a literal world-wide obsession?

It doesn't even matter that Nintento did not own that app, it showed that the IP still has reach way beyond the audience who buys the regular nintendo ds rehashes.
>>
what do you mean by "private investor"?

Is that like being accredited?
>>
>>34891820
Yes. That was an excellent showcase about how people who understand the product and the market can outdo professional investors who only look at the money details.

I've hit similar things with tech stocks. It's absolutely hilarious reading some finance pro's analysis on SA about Nvidia when it just shines through they have no idea what the product is and what it does.
>>
>>34891686
Truthfully the way I invest is by blindfolding myself and throwing a dart at a spinning wheel of stocks, based on the ticker symbols of random combinations of letters created after shaking up a box of scrabble pieces.

I've found this method to be extremely effective and have made 300% returns.
>>
>>34891882
Absolutely. Tech is where us neets will excel and the old crusty investors at the top will stumble. They have no idea. Now is the time.
>>
>>34891882
>Yes.

Oh so you followed the development of the app and then bought a bunch of nintendo stock because you thought that it would blow up or did you just happen to hold some of it?

>reading some finance pro's analysis

You do not have access to the real analysis. You have access to the advertisment materials for shit-tier "financial advisers" who make their money selling their retarded ideas to even more retarded retail investors.

Look, I have a masters in electrical engineering, I've been playing video games since I was 6, I have always been very interesting in hardware and have built almost every PC I ever owned myself. I thought I was pretty hot shit in that field and thought just like >>34891927 says that the old investors don't know shit.

And then during my internship I got to sit in for a presentation on by one of the analysts whose focus is technology.

I then set up a face to face with the guy, thinking I could pitch some of my shit, because I'm a trendy millenial and I know all this cool shit about social media and contemporary trends.

I got fucking schooled by him on everything from netflix to amd. I felt like I was back in fucking primary school. I knew nothing.

You have no fucking idea what it takes to be actually profitable over a long period of time.
>>
>>34891821
It doesn't mean anything, he invests his money in stocks so calls himself a private investor
>>
>>34891117
>investing in random stocks that take your fancy
>not investing in broadly diversified index funds
It's like you prefer gambling to earning a solid steady increase
>>
>Look, I have a masters in electrical engineering, I've been playing video games since I was 6, I have always been very interesting in hardware and have built almost every PC I ever owned myself. I thought I was pretty hot shit in that field and thought just like (You) says that the old investors don't know shit.

This should become a new copypasta
>>
>>34892059
>Oh so you followed the development of the app and then bought a bunch of nintendo stock because you thought that it would blow up
Yes. I also sold very near the top, knowing it was not profitable.

There's absolutely analysts who actually know their shit, I'm not claiming otherwise. I believe I still have an edge over them, but on a reduced range of topics.
>>
>>34892158
>Yes

Well done then.

> I believe I still have an edge over them

Why?

Do you think you put in more work than they do? Do you think you have better access to information?
>>
>>34892291
I'm an expert in certain areas, no analyst can match decades in days or weeks. If I know product Foo intimately and that it's unfit for its intended market for technical reason Z, that's information an analyst won't have at their disposal without paying an expert like me.

So essentially better access to information, the kind of information that cannot be googled or read in a book.
>>
>>34892126
Thanks - I suspected it was meaningless.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.