[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking despise cellphones and social media

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1468218932090.jpg (16KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1468218932090.jpg
16KB, 260x260px
>people mad that you don't text them every 5 minutes
>store clerks ignoring you because they're looking at their phones
>stepdad in hospital with high blood pressure being treated by a nurse who was clearly more interested in whatever was happening on whatsapp while reading his pressure
>mom complaining that she didn't understand the movie when she was completely absorbed by her phone during the most important plot point
I could go on and on but I'm seriously sick of the state of society when it comes to this shit. I don't blame them for being absorbed in shit because I do the same with my computer all day but I do it at fucking home. When I'm outside interacting with people I'm there a 100% and it pisses me off when I have to deal with this shit on a daily basis.
>>
I had some middle aged waitress make fun of me for still having a flip phone, and all I wanted to do was show her a picture of my dog after she asked.

I tried to explain to her that I rarely used my phone as it is, and that I didn't want to pay for a data plan I'd never use, but she didn't get it.

Obviously I wasn't going to tell her that I don't have friends and I only use my phone to call my parents or order carry out.

I still rather be a loser than some phone obsessed zombie who'll go out with friends and spent the whole time texting.
>>
I feel you OP, I feel like I'm the only person around anymore besides people 75 years+ that doesn't own a cell phone or have any social media.

It's literally cancer.
>>
File: 1478005123996.png (722KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478005123996.png
722KB, 1280x720px
>>34860712

I'm not surprised at all that there are fellow robots who also despise cellphones and some.

>tfw look around in waiting rooms and see 70+% people waiting just staring at their cellphones or sitting anxiously only to end up checking their cellphones
>>
I hate smartphones so much. Wherever I go I always see children, even as young as 2 year old are completely absorbed with their touch devices. People going out to restaurant and they barely speak to one another. Everyone is on their phone doing something.
>>
>>34860712
I can relate to you you're not the only one. I spend most of my alone time on my computer aswell but when i'm having face to face interaction with people i nearly make it a point to not be playing on my phone while i'm talking to someone in person, that shits rude as fuck when two people are having a conversation and one is using their phone throughout it trying and almost always failing to divide their attention. Like even if they pull it off and managed to kep engaged in the conversation its still rude imo. Idk maybe its just me, I'm not even an old man or anything either
>>
>>34860936
>I'm not even an old man or anything either
I understand

I get really annoyed when I get people complaining that I don't check their texts fast enough and shit when I make it extremely clear when I give them my number that I never pay attention to my phone ever. Before internet and cellphones were a thing people didn't feel this need to know what people is up to and it makes me think it's just that social media makes getting attention so easy that people get intoxicated pretty easily
>>
>Mom starts getting into smartphones
>Try to talk to her
>Every answer takes +30 seconds because she's looking at her phone laptop

It's kind of sad

I think what I hate most about smartphones is that I can't sit in a bench on the park doing nothing without feeling awkward as if using a phone somehow made it normal to sit and do nothing. I can't stare absentmindedly to the window without people asking if i'm okay or "Oh anon are you sleepy haha xd" meanwhile it's totally okay to look at your phone for +30 minutes without saying or doing shit, it's specially annoying when you just feel like being quiet with another person and it's "Awkward" oh but if you are looking at your phone then it's suddenly okay

Fuck phones
>>
Recommend me a good Verizon flip phone
>>
File: 1485190717995.jpg (35KB, 493x585px) Image search: [Google]
1485190717995.jpg
35KB, 493x585px
>>34861012
>mom
>mom
>MOM
>MOOM
>yeah honey what's up
makes me want to tear the thing apart but I love her too much for that so deal with it. This shit wouldn't fly with other people that aren't her though. The last time I got ignored because of a phone I simply walked away
>>
Another thing that pisses me off about smartphones is the double standard when it comes playing games on them.

>Take dad to the hospital for heart scan shit
>Bring 3DS to keep me entertained while waiting
>Playing Super Princess Peach
>Keep getting stared at by normies
>Look around and see three normies playing phone games
>No one stares at them them
>>
>>34860712
I really wish you guys would get this through your head:

Nobody gives a shit about how you feel on anything. If they did, they would ask you.

And don't act like you're any better. Not even YOU asked how anyone felt about it. You just typed this up, like some faggot posting it on facebook for likes.
>>
the absolute worst thing is having to hear people's backpedaling when they discover you don't have a smart phone.
"oh yeah, haha, i wish i didn't have one sometimes"
"yeah, i could use a vacation from my phone XD"
"haha, i dunno what i'd do without mine"
"haha, 'some dumb joke about Farmville or some other shitty mobile game', all about that 'mobile game', haha yup!"

like they know smart phones are cancer. that's another thing with people, their willingness to do unhealthy things.
>>
>>34861111
You seem to care enough to read his thread and leave a salty reply.
>>
>>34861129
he's probably a dumb phoneposter
>>
File: ravine 2.jpg (70KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
ravine 2.jpg
70KB, 650x650px
>>34861054
Casio Ravine 2. Military grade.

Good luck finding a charging dock for it, though. I'm pretty sure I got the last one available on the internet.
>>
>>34861111
>no one gives a shit how you feel, if they did they'll ask
>now allow me to elaborate on how i feel even though you didn't ask and i'm not contributing to the thread

another newfag can't into the concept of participating in threads.
>>
>>34861128
Is it because they try to be nice and not call you a weirdo for not having a phone or is it that they feel you're judging them for having one?

always makes me curious
>>
>>34861143
Nah. I'm on my laptop right now at work. I don't phone post on this site. I'm also this poster:>>34861150

I don't even get on this site when I'm not at work.

>>34861157
Been on 4chan since 2008. But you're welcome to think whatever you like. There was no invitation to participate any more than there is on facebook. No question was asked. It was just OP bitching, hoping someone would echo his sentiments.
>>
>>34861178
no it's more like they feel threatened by their dependence on their smart phone and your existence reminds them of that dependence.

doesn't even have anything to do with you, you're just a reminder.

the human brain wants to subconsciously defend its self when it knows it's partaking in something bad, like when people steal and get caught then get mad because they got caught.
>>
File: IMG_craeoz.jpg (119KB, 1420x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_craeoz.jpg
119KB, 1420x1080px
>tfw your cell phoneis an extension of your body due to all the doujinshi artists you follow on twitter and checking replies on /r9k/ threads
YOU THINK WE LIKE THIS?
>>
>>34861185
>It was just OP bitching, hoping someone would echo his sentiments
um, isn't this like 80% of the threads on 4chan?

just leave the thread then you retard, people have echoed his sentiments, no reason for you to complain even more, dipshit.
>>
>>34861185
OP here

>make thread asking a question
>you get 4 replies and thread sinks
>post an anecdote
>people start sharing their own and discussion erupts from interaction
just trying to survive here senpai
>>
>>34861203
why not check them on your computer at home?
>>
>>34861293
Because then my adult son would say, "Dad. Dad. DAAAAAAD!" and bitch about it on his social rejects website.

At least when I'm out of the house, I can check my own shit in peace.
>>
>>34861082
>playing super princess peach in public
seek help anon.
>>
i'm 25 and leave the house frequently for full-time work and school and i've never once seen anything like OP describes from health professionals or store clerks and i don't go to the gatdang movies

and i haven't had some bitch mad at me for not texting back immediately in like 5 years

sure i don't really like the aesthetic of seeing everyone around campus zoned into their various devices walking around, but aside from the footpad into class, i don't see that many people zombie'd out like that

maybe it is because i live in the deep south of the US, g-d bless dixie
>>
>>34861397
I was hiding the screen.

It's not like I was waving it around for everyone to see.
>>
>>34861397
That was just the icing on the cake of playing a fucking Nintendo hand-held in public as an adult, in my opinion.
>>
>>34861402
>maybe it's because i live in the deep South
it is. everyone in the South is friendlier and it's more of a custom to talk to people you pass by on the street.
in the city, it's socially acceptable to pretend other people don't exist.
>>
>>34861436
People are friendlier in the midwest, as well. It's just the beautiful coastlines where people turn to garbage.
>>
without my phone i would have just sat awkwardly everywhere. i like it, because it makes me look more normal and less weird.
>>
>>34861436
>in the city, it's socially acceptable to pretend other people don't exist.
I always get weird looks when I greet strangers when I visit the city, man. It doesn't feel nice
>>
>>34860865
As opposed to what? Reading the outdated fashion magazines the doctors wife didn't want anymore?

Bad example, people never talk in waiting rooms.

I can relate to the cellphone hate but waiting on the bus or some other dumb boring pointless shit I'd rather just browse the internet on my phone than stare at my feet or traffic passing by.
>>
>>34861470
its like that here in norway too. if you dont know a person, you are supposed to leave them alone and not even look in their direction.
>>
>>34861481
The problem is not using your phone. It's being rude when you are interacting with people and you're not even paying attention to them
>>
>>34861503
Just pointing out that a waiting room is an excellent place to just browse your cellphone.

I despise people taking out their phone mid conversation, even though I've done it a few times myself. The same goes for people watching a movie while browsing their phone and then acting like a retard when they think the movie they're watching is stupid.
>>
>Can't even have a good conversation with parents anymore because they use their smartphones when we talk

Fuck them
>>
>>34861068
newsflash kid, parents have been doing that since forever/ it used ti be they pretended to be too absorbed in paper or news program to hear you. in reality, she doesnt want to tell you to fuck off but she s also comfy and doesnt want to have to get up because you cant find one of your stupid toys . she s training you to kindly fuck off
>>
File: 1486172198445.png (175KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
1486172198445.png
175KB, 482x436px
>>34860712
I've never even had a cellphone.

Have you ever noticed how fucked up people's backs, necks, and shoulders are from staring at their computers and cellphones in a trance?

The next time you see someone with a perfectly straight back go up and talk to them. They're always decent human beings.
>>
>>34860712
I use my phone a lot, but almost always for 4chan and anime. Can count my online friends on two hands so I don't have the need to be on my phone talking about normie shit to friends 24/7 like classmates in high school used to. Honestly I read more physical manga and comic books than I do fucking around on my phone
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.