[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone see a psychiatrist here? What are you talking about?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1293.jpg (648KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1293.jpg
648KB, 1536x2048px
Anyone see a psychiatrist here?

What are you talking about?
>>
I wish I could.

But even the cheapest ones range from $150-300/hour here in Melbourne (Australia).

It doesn't seem worth it, I'm too far gone anyway.
>>
I would like to know how it works.
One one hand I doubt another human could know how hiw to make me happy.
On the other hand they are the only one's that are supposed to be able to help people like me.
>>
File: _1425464802.jpg (21KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
_1425464802.jpg
21KB, 600x350px
>>34860170
Fuck no. I went to one as a kid and that shit doesn't fucking work.
They don't tell you anything you family or others haven't already told you.
They don't give you any advice that you haven't tried to tell yourself.
Nobody knows you better than YOU...me, in my case.
All they do is listen, if that. You're better off talking to a wall.
In a few words? It's free money for them. Why do think they never ask "Do you still think to keep up your visits? Or do you think you're okay?" Why would they stop getting free money when they don't do a damn thing.
>>
File: 1463247239844.jpg (53KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1463247239844.jpg
53KB, 958x660px
>They don't have free health care
Hahahahah
>>
>>34860170
Are you sure you don't mean psychologist? psychiatrists are the ones who med you up, they don't do much of the self help talking just a diagnosis then meds
>>
>>34860332
>>34861039
meant for this anon oops
>>
File: koishi.jpg (616KB, 768x798px)
koishi.jpg
616KB, 768x798px
I've seen four in the last 10 years or so, starting at age 13~.

the first was earnest but young and I mostly answered his bare minimum and disputing his ideas about my health and pathology because I was not there by choice. he never tried to prescribe anything because he thought my "problem" was mostly attitudinal.

the 2nd not long after was chosen because of a lack of progress with the former and the reputation of being more aggressive. anyway I continued to be relatively unforthcoming so she threatened to give me a diagnoses of oppositional defiant disorder if I didn't try a regime of antipsychotics. naturally I called her a cunt.

the third as a young adult was norman prime and obviously didnt have any real insight beyond what ails stacy. after I told him I intended to drop out of his service because I didnt think it was the right fit he dug into me pretty hard about why he doesn't think I will not be successful. although I didnt agree with his reasoning I still thought that was sorta interesting and helped me better understand hyper "normal" perspective. diagnosed MDD and prescribed Prozac which I ceased after 5 months.

the last was an old and curt ex teacher. unlike the others he didn't try to push some phony sanctimonious or "good guy" routine and didnt walk on eggshells about feelings and what not which was very refreshing. defiantly the most enjoyably conversations, he had a pretty good insight into my pathology and could riff about random tangents and my various hodgepodges of pseudo-philosophy. gave me a diagnoses I wasn't aware of that I actually agree with and prescribed abilify at my suggestion.

anyways the last kinda helped me and the first might have if I was more forthcoming so I guess the chance of a good psych is about 50/50.
>>
When I was 18 my mom made me see a psychologist because I'm an alcoholic. He started the session out with, "whats troubling you?". I just started crying immediately. It was pretty embarrassing tbqh. Anyways,he basically just recommended some literature to me since I mentioned that I liked reading, and sarcastically told me that if I truly like drinking then I should keep doing it and get more "practice". He told me I'll know when I have to stop. I never went back and for some reason, never payed the $30 for the session. Anyways.. I'm 23 and still and alcoholic, and my life has gotten far worse. I'm starting to think that the old fucker actually knew what he was talking about. Oh well.
7.8/10 experience. would recommend.
>>
been to two. nothing they say has ever helped me, ever. only plus was that they eventually sent me to a psychiatrist to get me meds, but even those are a double edged sword.
>>
I went way back when I was 21-22.

Dude was shocked when I told him about my forever alone status. And it was at that point I knew he would be of no help to me.
>>
>>34860170

thats a pretty tasty looking steak
>>
I have went to a few different ones since I was a kid and not a single one was legitimately helpful or could provide any insight or advice that I couldn't get from literally any of my friends I opened up to for free.
Also psychologists had no similar experiences like mine and could not relate much to my problems so it felt weird talking to any of them
>>
With my psychiatrist? Health problems, effectiveness/side effects/dosage of the medicine I have to take.

It's different with my psychologist, I don't really have anything to talk about so I just answer whatever questions she throws at me.
>>
>>34861047
Psychiatrist and psychologist.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
Therapists don't know shit. They cause more mental-health problems than they cure.
>>
>>34860170
I see a psychologist fairly regularly. Gives me advice on how to cope with my issues, very helpful with suggestions on the future. Sort of reminds me that I'm a human being. Puts some of my more obscure problems into perspective.
>>
You robots are weird as fuck. Every day I see some "psychological help is a scam" type thread. If your life was that bad you think you would be open to getting some professional help.

I have a theory these threads are started by moderators who want to keep you all sick so you keep coming to this shithole.
>>
I have a psychologist/counselor, a psychiatrist and some sort of social worker type person that I don't even know what her title is. But I kinda wanna find a new place to go because my old psychologist/counselor left and she was really the one I liked.
>>
>>34862584
>started by moderators who want to keep you all sick so you keep coming to this shithole.
>implying any mod would willingly give himself more """"work"""" when he could be eating hotpockets and fapping
>>
baseless estimations on qbs getting that first or next ring by the end of their careers

65%: Rodgers#2
45%: Brady#6, Wilson#2
33%: Ben#3
25%: Rodgers#3, Ryan#1
15%: Brady#7, Wilson#3, Luck#1
10%: Flacco#2, Luck#2, Romo#1, Ben#4, Ryan#2
>>
>>34860170
I'm not particularly nice to people that I have to be around in person. Family members, women and men alike, but mostly women. It's weird because I have 2 female friends right now, I know I can be rude as fuck, yet they stick around anyways. Talking to women feels like such a waste of time and effort. It's like they don't see how uninterested I am and it bothers me, making me "lash out" even more. I practically insult them and they're just okay with it because I must be joking? Maybe 4-5 men that I can actually call "friends." I don't respond to them when they try to contact me, etc etc. Only one has tried to talk to me about it.

I don't feel like I belong with any sort of friends and I'm perfectly happy when I actually have a chance to be alone. Somehow being happy is unhealthy behavior? My therapist thinks I'm depressed and shit, but I got over that a while ago. I hate to call them normies, but I don't know any other suitable word. I just don't understand them.

I've worked hard for everything I have, but it all feels like a waste.

If there was a way to disappear or just not be like this in the first place, I'd go for it without a second thought.
>>
>>34860170
I had one session with one when I was 25 I think. While I got a little wiser about my situation, ultimately it made me realize nobody could ever help me. So I never went back. Honestly you can do most of the work of these people by reading psycho shit extensively on the web.

Their biggest advantage is seeing you from the outside, they can "easily" notice things you consider natural but fucking up your personality. This however doesn't mean they can help you solve these problems.

>>34861495
Same here. Kind funny but these people are usually only prepared to deal with normie things. When I told the woman I never had a GF at 25 she was completly shocked and we didn't talk more about that. I bet these "professionals" could cure a serial murderer or pedophile but nor a robot.
>>
>>34862584
>If your life was that bad you think you would be open to getting some professional help.
I was taught not to trust in people. Not to mention a sign of weakness is looked down if you are a male.
>>
>>34860170
I had one appointment and he sent me to the mental institution, I think a life in my room is better than a month there
>>
File: 1425922854348.jpg (28KB, 396x375px) Image search: [Google]
1425922854348.jpg
28KB, 396x375px
>>34860170
I saw a simple shrink a few years ago. He unknowingly redpilled me about life, now I'm a jaded fuck who can't get a grip on life.

Thanks I guess
>>
>my daddy issues
>she's concerned that I don't have friends
>wants me to go outside more
>doesn't believe me when I say I want everyone to leave me the fuck alone
>how uni is going
>tries to help with my social anxiety
>>
>>34860170
I had one for a solid year.
Didnt want it but was pushed by my mother to do it.
Its a meme, he tried to get me off of weed and the occassional xan because "these meds will help better than drugs anon"
Didnt even do anything, after another month or two i just up and quit and started smoking weed again.
Havent looked back.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.