[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started a new job recently, after having been a NEET for a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1429141325001.jpg (100KB, 960x676px) Image search: [Google]
1429141325001.jpg
100KB, 960x676px
I started a new job recently, after having been a NEET for a while. I really hate it: I work part-time as a laborer for a college. It involves cleaning shit up, and mopping and sweeping. The pay is terrible, and so are the hours.

But what most triggers me is my parents. When my father found out about this job, he yelled at me ("You have a college degree! Why the Hell did you stoop to cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors??? Is THIS what you studied for?"), and made me feel infinitely worse about my job. I hate it, but I've been a NEET for a while, so I see no other alternative than to keep this job.

On the other hand, my mother constantly asks me about work ("How'd it go?"/"What do you do?"/"Do you like it?"). And she gets angry because I don't answer her and keep quiet, or tell her to shut up if she won't stop asking. She doesn't seem to grasp the idea that I hate the job, and that I don't want to talk about it or deal with it after hours.

I'm just getting drunk right now because I can't deal with what I've become: I'm a janitor, basically. I have a job application in right now for a position I'd actually like, but - with my luck - I know I'm going to get rejected, and have to stay here at this job with its terrible hours and literal slave-wage.
>>
what's your degree in?

ghghgj
>>
File: 1459443197712.png (193KB, 316x346px) Image search: [Google]
1459443197712.png
193KB, 316x346px
Welcome to the wagecuck life. It doesn't get better
>>
I think it's good you have this job. You're actually earning income instead of believing your better than most work and leeching off society. Work is honorable, 10/10 good job in becoming better off
>>
>>34858271
What's your job bro?
>>
>>34858195
It's a liberal arts degree.

Public Administration
>>
>>34858291
Right now I'm working as a delivery man for dominos pizza. Really sucks, but it gets me money for college.

I used to have a SUPER crappy job planting bare root plants in the middle of a bird sanctuary with guys who drop acid on the job, then a job at a wendy's with emo cutters in the back and meth heads in the kitchen.

I don't know, bad jobs lead to good jobs.

Also I would tell your dad to fuck off because you are actually working towards what you want to do, what does he want? Immediate success? plz.
>>
>>34857862
I suggest you answer your mother's questions, then get her to explain it to your father.
>>
File: 1487050199492.jpg (43KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1487050199492.jpg
43KB, 480x368px
>>34858394
>liberal arts
Welp. Your life is shit.
>>
>>34858394
What is that degree for a non American who doesn't have phonie degrees available like "art school degrees" and "gender studies"?
>>
>>34858531
Welding. It makes good money and you can get a job quick 101/10
>>
File: 1352420916739.jpg (38KB, 458x288px) Image search: [Google]
1352420916739.jpg
38KB, 458x288px
>>34857862
at least be nice to your mom. Please apologize to her and let her know that you don't like the job. She's trying to listen to your problems and you're only pushing her away. Please anon, make right with your mom.
>>
File: 1487048319805.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1487048319805.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>college
>not a systematic pyramid scheme that started 1st day in school of your life
College or university is bullshit.

I work 2 jobs, sleep in my car rent and bill free. No rent or bills. Shower at the gym for 30 a month.

I am livin the life right now posting on my tablet parked infront of a starbucks for free wifi
>>
>>34858581
That's a decent degree there, I'm trying to get a wireman degree but luck is not on my side, the institute I were studying it got shut down by the ministry, not the Jew owner is threatening to sue us because we rated him out of his bullshit tactics
>threatening to not pay employees
>suing anyone who is dropping out for not paying the full course fees
>>
>>34858644
Where do you park to sleep?
I've been there before and might be again soon, I want a safe place I won't get shinked at
Near an airport maybe?
>>
>>34858688
Park under a light. Near overnight co worker cars, big parking lots
>>
>>34857862
>tfw 4.0 in college with 160 IQ and Im a taxi driver.
>>
>>34857862
>Has a mother willing to talk him about his day
>decides to numb his 13yo-tier angst with alcohol instead

WeW lad.
>>
>>34858913
>wanting to talk to normalfags
>>
>>34858644
Yup. They dont call it a rat race for nothing.

>Get good grades to get into a good high school to get into a good university to get a good degree to get a good job to get a good house
>Wake up at retirement age and realize you're too old to fully enjoy yourself and that society told you meme'd you into believing there was ever a definitive objective finish line so that you didnt kill yourself or fall into abysmal hedonism
>>
>>34858644
Where do you store your shekels and why are you saving money??
>>
>>34858972
He apparently is having bad days, no? Instead of bottling it in he should express it to someone.
>>
>>34858991
Have you ever worked a job you hated? You don't want to talk about it with anyone: you don't even want to think about the job after hours. Because every time someone brings it up, all the negative emotions come flooding back; every time some brings it up, it's a reminder of how much of a failure you are.

OP's parents should be tactful enough to realize he hates the job, and is only holding it because he doesn't want to ve a NEET. Also, the OP mentioned terrible hours: do you really think he wants to be bombarded with questions about a job he hates the minute he walks in the door after a tiring shift?
>>
>>34858394
>liberal arts
Tell your dad that your doing what you studied for then
>>
>>34859336
You talk about it so you get those emotions out. So that you don't become addicted to the pain and numbing routine. I'm not saying he has to have some hour long conversation, a 10 minute chat would do just fine. My sister and mom used to do that all the time before she moved to SK.

It's good to know that at the end of a shit day there's someone there to at least hear your woes, whether it be a friend, family member, or SO
>>
>>34858394
>liberal arts
Fuckin' yikes

Sorry bud
>>
>>34859336
Nah, OP should listen to this guy >>34859448

It's hard to want to talk about the job, but thank god we have people called family and friends to provide support when you need it. Lone wolfing is a meme; make use of the things you have before they're gone.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.