[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will happen if I go the rest of my life alone, without a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1486100851247.jpg (968KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1486100851247.jpg
968KB, 1280x1707px
What will happen if I go the rest of my life alone, without a partner?
Is affection a want or need?
Will I develop mental illness or be alright?
>>
>>34857486
You'll be alright.

Get some doggos or cattos if you want non human affection.

I decided long ago I will be forever alone and I've come to peace with it.
>>
I have these questions every fucking night.

I've yet to find the answers.
>>
>>34857486
its a want that grows in intensity so much it might as well be a need

that depends on you, hows your mental state so far? you could be perfectly normal, in a relationship and mental problems can still come and go, it all depends on so many factors

Though studies have claimed that being alone causes a more problems compared to someone not alone
>>
Ultimately as long as you have other human beings to socialize with you'll be fine.

Literally shutting yourself inside with zero other interaction is unhealthy though.
>>
File: 1486779657902.png (1MB, 960x986px)
1486779657902.png
1MB, 960x986px
>>34857486
I cant give you an answer, only replying because you sound like me.

I am 22 year old virgin and have no interest in women. This is not due to autism or me being shy, i'm not even that ugly i would say just about average.

I also hate being touched,my family knows not to touch me but one of my grandmas gives me a hug when i see her and i find it disturbing.

As of now i don't a relationship and WANT to be alone for the foreseeable future, i don't crave any sort of intimacy it's weird . People talk about there problems dating and relationship troubles and i just cant relate to them.
>>
You'll be functional but literally everyone will think you're either a loser, failure, insane, or some variation of those.

You will live your entire life unrespected by your peers and neighbors.

(Guys like James Mattis are 1 in a million).
>>
Well, when you are actually alone and don't have friends or a partner or anyone in your life, you basically take pleasure in small time human contact that's like saying good morning to your neighbour, asking how the shopkeepers day is going, being around people at the gym, etc.
>>
>>34857486

In my experience it drove me to short term insanity. But it passed. Just try not to fuck you life up during the insanity.

>got 2 duis
>trips to psych wards
>gained shit load of weight on meds
>couldn't hold a job causing shitty job history
>jail time for a felony
>tens of thousands in debt all defaulted on

Now that the need for human connection is gone I just want to work and be independent again but my history haunts me and I can't get a job. Wish I'd have just not cared about social shit back before I fucked my life over.
>>
I'm 30. I don't have a romantic partner and every single day that passes, I want a romantic partner less and less.

I'm getting happier and I hate it. I love being alone.
>>
>>34857486

I think you would benefit from doing a solid dose of a psychedelic alone in the woods.
>>
File: 1486887446644.jpg (99KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486887446644.jpg
99KB, 1080x1080px
You will not be alone. 4chan will still be here when you die.

Together on /r9k/ we are not ever going to be alone
>>
>>34857486
>>34857565
>>34857567
>>34857586
>>34857613
>>34857830
>>34857979
>>34858006
>>34858025
We all die alone there is no happy ending to our stories Despite the many shills claiming otherwise the so called "one in a million" who change their life that perfect waifu or the fat chick who takes your v-card that's nothing but a scam it never happens in reality.
Our story ends with suffering despair and the soul crushing emptiness that is being alone and unable to find "the good end".
>>
File: ep-8-cap-homer.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ep-8-cap-homer.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>34858241
sounds comfy

waiting for death

see you in another life
>>
>>34858241
>Our story ends with suffering despair and the soul crushing emptiness that is being alone and unable to find "the good end".
Unless you're happy with being alone, like me.
Then you die a pretty comfy death.
>>
You don't need a partner. What you need is social interaction and sex.

These can be done without a partner.

If you don't get social interaction / sex, you will become soulless piece of meat unable to feel empathy whatsoever.
>>
Go get a cat or a dog, that'll fill the void in your life for love and compassion and it sometimes inevitably leads to finding a human companion also because people are weird
>>
>>34857607

This. You need human interaction to stay sane, but you don't need to have a romantic partner.

It's nice, but you can decide what your purpose is.

A logical mistake many robots make is assuming that the majority of people in life have gotten life "right"; that is, that they have figured out how to live the good life.

Think about the atheist existentialists. What did they say? Existence precedes essence. The meaning of YOUR life was not locked up in some alternative universe, or mandated by some God somewhere before you were born. You began to exist and you are the one who prescribes meaning to your life, albeit even if it doesn't necessarily have the grandiose implications of a divine mandate.
>>
>>34858432
Guinea pigs can also be great companions. They just live in a cage.
But you can take them out, though. They're not goldfish.
>>
>>34857486
That depends on your childhood conditioning.

There are people who are able to live out their lives without any social interaction and still retain their mindfulness, they aren't bothered by the expectations forced on them and have no remorse for anything they have participated in.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.