[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you felt empathy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: a34.png (927KB, 680x789px) Image search: [Google]
a34.png
927KB, 680x789px
When was the last time you felt empathy?
>>
>>34856653
like true empathy? shit man not in awhile minus my parents. Normally I fake it to get something in my favor, but in general I'm dead inside so I dont feel for shit, I just do whatever will bring me pleasure
>>
>>34856653
Empathy is a social construct put in place to prevent natural selection.
>>
I don't really get what empathy is
so maybe I've never felt it
>>
>the same people who relentlessly bitch about never getting what they want dont feel empathy
>people who dont feel empathy dont get what they want in life

W H O D A T H U N K I T
>>
Last Saturday heard about the story of this poor tennis teacher who got wrecked by a drunk asshole. He was left alive with both legs stagnated, but still alive. He is going to be unable to perform his profession for obvious reasons. He was driving with his family and wife though and they all died. Shit was bleak

I also felt empathy for this dude who probably browses this place whose parents shit is fucked up big time. His mom has been brainwashed by an MLM and his dad is unemployed. Dude all wants to do is make films for a living

Both of these anecdotes made me appreciate my life even more t.b.h so i guess empathy isn't bad after all
>>
The last time i had empathy wasn't awhile ago, i heard my grandpa was dying. it was sad, because he was like my father when my real dad was doing time in Rikers Island. obviously i have a phone so we're not poor as hell but my family recovered. which rikers island is as bad as it sounds for a prison on a bridge island next to new york
>>
I legit cant feel empathy but only for the fucked up. School shooting in my city and i couldn't feel empathy for the kids shot but rather only felt empathy for the depressed shooter.
>>
>>34857090
What city?

Orignas
>>
File: bVOdJ7B.jpg (62KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
bVOdJ7B.jpg
62KB, 600x737px
I wish I didn't feel empathy, it's a really strong emotion I feel, but typically I still push through my feelings to not give a shit about normies. 2bh I feel being a sociopath would make life easier for me in many ways, especially since I'm a narcissist.
>>
>>34856653

I'm pretty sure empathy (at least the kind in books/movies) is just a meme to get people to play nice with one another
>>
File: 1486806526637.jpg (25KB, 595x518px) Image search: [Google]
1486806526637.jpg
25KB, 595x518px
went to a rekt thread on /gif/ a few nights ago and made it about 30 posts in, skipping the animal torture and cartel webm

usually feel pretty awful if I go to those threads but saw 1 of a guy being stabbed in a chest to death while his mouth was covered and hands tied behind his back. the blood curdling screams really got to me

I'm old enough to know better than to watch that type of shit but boredom can still lead you into those type of threads
>>
>>34857197
Eh I'm ok with rekt threads. I just don't like it when it gets to existential crisis type shit were people make a speech before they kill themselves, like that one chick who Livestreamed her suicide.
>>
File: 148476329329.png (995KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
148476329329.png
995KB, 1920x1080px
>>34857116
Monterrey, Mx

Pic related, the sweet prince after he ate a bullet
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>34856653
when I was following pizzagate I learned that some of the rituals pedo occultists would do is give a kid a teddy bear and make the kid "kill" it to make the abuse stop just to instill helplessness in them and make them sleep in coffins fill with spiders.
>>
>>34857290
Same here my dude. I actually live very close to where it happened.

I honestly didn't care for any of them but I did feel pretty bad after seeing a pic of him with the giant Squirt. Lose of innocence and it will probably have harsh consequences.

Yet like everything that happens in this world, forgotten.
>>
File: Final Destination Hong Kong.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Final Destination Hong Kong.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>34857289
I typically project myself onto the victim in rekt videos and watching what *people* are capable of doing to other people just pushes me over the edge. Can make it though darwinism or freak accident videos most of the time but watching the completely uncalled for manmade violence just fills with anger and sorrow
>>
>>34857408
Really? I never project myself onto them because I always want to die so I don't really care of them, sometimes I'm envious of them.

For me the vids evoke a more raw emotion. It feels almost the same as a butcher shop or nature channel video. It makes me truly believe humans are worth as much as cockroaches.
>>
>>34857402
I think about him every day. I'm really obsessed. My therapist didn't even give me a proper word about it. Just said that it's ok to feel empathy for him and not for the victims.
>>
>>34857408
woah dude sleeping dogs 2 looks great
>>
>>34857519
It's a weird derivative of the Stockholm syndrome. Like people in here obsessing over Elliot Rodger. The media and the norm usually has empathy for the victims as they project or insert themselves and beloved ones as said victims. I remember a friend telling me the fattie reminded him of me because of similar personalities. People like you and me however are reclusive to the norm therefore can sympathize with the perpetrator. The perpetrators are usually made by similar circumstances that surround us. Yet we chose not to do something very stupid about it. I remember me wanting to kill my classmates and ranting about society in middle school lol, something which was brought back to memory when I read Elliot Rodger's manifesto.

Now that you brought it up I wonder why so many people here go to the therapist. I have a friend who has become autistic thanks for adderal
>>
>>34857197
that cartel video honestly isn't bad (I assume you mean the guy with his face peeled off getting decapitated?) there is worse.
>>
>>34857748
that video is absolutely fucking horrible, you're just desensitized
>>
>>34857771
those were the screams from the deepest pit of hell, one of the most chilling aspects of the video.
>>
>>34857771
Try watching worse irl. Or witnessing cartel violence literally a block away from your house
>>
>>34857837
I'd rather not, I'm not impressed either. Thread's about empathy and watching / thinking about that type of gore still sparks empathy
>>
>>34856653
I feel it every time I whip my nigger slaves
>>
>>34857748
>there is worse.
worse?
God forgive me...care to share?
>>
>>34856653
Like an hour ago my dude.
>>
File: Distant(1).jpg (79KB, 1346x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Distant(1).jpg
79KB, 1346x1012px
It happens every once in awhile for me. Normally I am too distanced from life in general... to the point where I am barely convinced other people and their feelings are real. After all, they are not me.
>>
>>34856653
honestly cant remember. im sure at some point ive felt it, but i just imagine it anymore
>>
The other day when I searched Elliot Rodgers in google
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.