[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myers-Briggs categorization is completely unsupported by any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: smug anime face.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.png
306KB, 593x540px
Myers-Briggs categorization is completely unsupported by any psychological studies. The test was devised by two (2) people, both of which having absolutely no formal training in psychology. Myers-Briggs categorization is essentially seen by the psychiatric community as a sort of 'fancy nonsense astrology test' which means absolutely nothing and forces simplistic stereotypes onto people when in fact that's just not how the world works. In fact, when taking the test more than once, the chances that you'll get the same result twice in a row are actually fairly low. It's a completely arbitrary, useless test that no legitimate psychologist takes seriously at all. It doesn't even accurately predict how a person will perform in a job position. But you already knew that, right?

Right, anon?
>>
File: 1486351028194.png (465KB, 620x618px) Image search: [Google]
1486351028194.png
465KB, 620x618px
>>34855847
It's ok INTJ beta cuck
>>
>>34855847
ENTJ FAGGOT REPORTING IN
>Utter disgrace
>Why am I here
>I will still win
>>
>>34855847
Was actually going to ask this in another thread earlier. Why is the Myers-Briggs test such a big deal around here all of a sudden? Hasn't it been around for decades?
>>
ISTP reporting in, why haven't i killed myself yet
>>
I know it's bullshit, but I still identify as it. It describes me fairly accurately, and I've took the test several times and got the same results, so it's good enough for me.

ISTP reporting.
>>
>>34855886
Same brah. I'm honestly repulsed by this site but I hate normies more so than autismos
>>
infp and ive taken it several times with same results
>>
I have a somewhat underdeveloped theory I've been toying around with in my head for a while.

It's simply human nature to have an incessant need to belong. To have something with which to identify. To be a part of a group or team. This is why people behave differently based on their skin color or sexuality. This is why people take pride in the accomplishments of ancient and recent historical figures as if those accomplishments were their own when in reality, all you have in common with that person is something arbitrary, like skin color or sexuality. It's why high-schoolers form cliques, and feel like they NEED to pick a side. It's why we have political parties. It's why astrology is such a big thing. It's why Myers-Briggs is so popular, even though it's complete drivel. It's why there are 'black' neighborhoods, 'white' neighborhoods, 'hispanic' neighborhoods and 'gayborhoods.' It's why "baby boomers" and "millennials" hate each other, even though generations aren't really even a thing that happen in nature. It's not like a billion people are born one year, then suddenly, 20 years later, another billion people pop up, with no one being born in between. The year you were born does not define your behavior or personality traits at all, yet people generalize the hell out of each other for it. The concept of generations is just another thing we made up to have another factor by which to divide ourselves.

Hell, look at how Reddit acted when the admins introduced "The Button" as an April Fools' joke back in 2015. They literally had to shut it down TWICE because people got too wrapped up in it and things got out of hand. People simply love to have something to define themselves with, for better or worse.

It's almost as if people are incapable of seeing each other as individuals rather than groups. It's a little unsettling.
>>
>>34856187
Well at what point do labels become unnecessary or even harmful?
>>
>>34856252
I think they become unnecessary when they're no longer obvious. Yes, "male" and "female" are labels, but that's because it's a tangible concept that really does define people's physical attributes but not necessarily what they should do or how they should act. Same thing with races, there are "black people" but I don't think black people should have to talk or act like "black people," even though that is a descriptive label to follow. I think labels like those should be used only to describe people if, say, you lose them. "Hey, have you seen Anon? He's a white guy, in his 20s, about [this big], and wears glasses." That's when labels are perfectly fine and justified to use. But they become harmful when people start to generalize, e.g. "Millennials are the laziest, most self-centered blah blah blah." What a stupid way to think. There are teenage millennials, baby millennials, and 20-something millennials. Fat millennials, skinny millennials, short millennials, tall millennials, lazy millennials, driven millennials, etc etc. When people start using labels to generalize or team up, it becomes a huge problem.

"Hive mind" isn't supposed to be a thing. Not everyone who fits into a group is supposed to think the same way. This is why the Myers-Briggs test is complete bullshit.
>>
File: veru angery peep.jpg (3KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
veru angery peep.jpg
3KB, 225x224px
>>34855847
>>34856187
>>34856343
GET OUT INTP-T FAGS

RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: what.jpg (81KB, 1061x751px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
81KB, 1061x751px
>>34855847
Who gives a fuck.

The real people with autism are people like you who think just because one can entertain an idea for fun that means they believe in it hundred percent.
>>
>>34855847
>the *test* is what anybody is talking about
lmao
>>
File: 1460487285821.png (58KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460487285821.png
58KB, 202x200px
>>34856187
Same for you.

This is just for fucking fun. Barely anyone lets it define who they are.

And here you are writing some serious societal analysis on a thing nobody takes that seriously.
>>
>>34856861
Maybe I just wrote that whole unsightly block of text for fun as well, no?
>>
>>34855847

>tfw when my firm sent me to DISC analysis.
>tfw they got rid of me because they already had to many INTJ's
>>
>>34855847
i get the same type every time
>>
>>34856806
>>34856861
Well yeah but only a very few percentage of people who take Myers-Briggs tests are just taking it 'for fun,' or even know that the Myers-Briggs test is worthless. A lot of people think it's a real thing. I wouldn't care if people treated like astrology, but they don't. The Myers-Briggs test is a stupid trend everyone takes too seriously that refuses to die. I don't think anyone should just stop having fun, but I do think the MB test shouldn't be nearly as highly revered as it already it.
Hell, just the other day I applied to a software engineering firm and the Myers-Briggs test was part of the application. Something as baseless and arbitrary as the Myers-Briggs test should NOT be used to determine whether or not someone lands a job.
>>
>>34856187
yeah, it makes sense to be like that because in ancient times your family / tribe / nation / race has closer genetic information to you
>>
>>34857097
Maybe you're just consistent with your answers.
>>
The MBTI filled a pressing need on the home front during WWII. We needed an efficient way to assign tens of millions of inexperienced female homemakers to the industrial jobs required to supply the war effort. There was no time for novel scientific research.or medical studies. And due to the large number of people who needed to be given assignments, there was not enough time to place candidates using lengthy, personalized, ad hoc methods.

Meyers and Briggs were contracted to produce some sort of method for this on a tight deadline. They devised the best system they could in the time available for testing and describing people in a systematic way. It wasn't perfect, but since humans are smart and adaptable, a perfect system was not required. It provided government staff with a flawed but efficient procedure for matching women with jobs on the home front. This was literally better than nothing. Since the US, with the help of our hard-working ladies, rapidly expanded our domestic industry to legendary production levels never before seen on this Earth, the system, apparently, worked.

The MBTI is not a scientifically-sound method of psychological analysis because it was never meant to be one. It is a jury-rigged bureaucratic process. The MBTI is poor psychology, but it was a brilliant emergency hack job.
>>
>BuzzFeed Presents: Which alcoholic beverage are you?
>>
>>34857129
It's to filter out the autists like you

Nobody wants to deal with a shut in or an 'INTP, a very ingenious and analytical personality'

HR has been doing shit like that from decades
>>
>>34857532
>It doesn't even accurately predict how a person will perform in a job position.
Can't emphasize that enough. Just because you're a shut-in doesn't mean you're just never going to work. It means you're probably not going to participate in company social events like parties or dinners. It doesn't mean you're going to be lazy or more motivated. The Myers-Briggs test doesn't predict how a person will work.
If anything, a company should WANT an INTP. One less person to spend money on. They just walk in, do their jobs, and go home.
>>
It's a snowflake test for the losers of this board and women on Facebook.
>>
File: 1486782814222.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1486782814222.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>>34855937
It's basically D&D alignments/races. Not that it's a bad thing
>>
>>34857814
Yeah let's all get into a cool personality test like the enneagram
>>
>>34855886
>>34856046
It's like I'm looking in a fucking mirror.
>>
>>34857829
Why the fuck do you need a personality test? Are you that insecure about who you are that you need someone else to tell you?

Grow the fuck up you little bitch.
>>
File: Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg (45KB, 550x545px) Image search: [Google]
Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg
45KB, 550x545px
>>34855847

>"Right, anon?"
Such adorable faggotry, I'm ENFP can't be mad at you.

Works well when you're looking for a job that suits your personality. Will study rural urban development through assocative projects, this is the shit I need to get my feels rolling.

What will you do with your life, anon?
>>
>>34858120
>Works well when you're looking for a job that suits your personality.
Except it doesn't because it doesn't accurately describe your personality in the first place. If you want to pick a job, pick a job.
>What will you do with your life, anon?
I dunno. Probably something in audio engineering.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.