[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 55251515155.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
55251515155.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
What are some good robot approved books? I just got my tax return and need some titles. I already have A Confederacy of Dunces.
>>
Start with the Greeks just like you would with anything else
>>
Notes from Underground by Dostoevsky. Literally r9k the book.
>>
>tfw ordered a Kindle Paperwhite today
gonna get comfy in two days
>>
1984 is better than Brave New World
>>
>>34852792
Your post is only original because nobody else had the gall to post such total bullshit
>>
>>34852747
Thanks friend. Will get.
>>34852792
I have read both already
>>
God's War.
>>
I think Bernard from Brave New World is prerty much every robot here.
>>
>>34852810
There's objectively no way one can think of Brave New World as a finer piece of literature than 1984. One can argue BNW is closer to the current state of the world and thus Huxley "was right" in some way, but the book as a novel is overshadowed by 1984 in every conceivable way.

Also Orwell was a disgusting commie but hey even subhumans can make good books right?
>>
Oblomov

It captures the laziness and excessive procrastination that plagues the average robot perfectly. I'd easily recommend it above Notes.
>>
>>34852907
I like reading but, I'm not reading all that shit.
>>
File: 1470637426053.jpg (1MB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1470637426053.jpg
1MB, 1600x1064px
>>34852792
>>34852974
In terms of pure prose 1984 is better written than BNW, but Huxley admits to the fact that it was rushed and this is pretty apparent. However, the latter is far more prescient with regards to today's world, despite whatever the 'Trump is a literal fascist' memers would have you believe.

Also Huxley said he would've changed the ending if he rewrite it, and that the Savage killing himself was a cop out because he couldn't think of anything better before the deadline

>>34852939
Bernard is Wojack, the Savage is Pepe. You know it's true
>>
>>34853116
I would say it's not only the prose but the characters, the character development and the depth of the descriptions that make 1984 a better book. But yeah, you're right.
>>
Get Germinal by Emile Zola. Very nice read

Also check out Cat's Cradle or Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut, he's got an really enjoyable writing style and always has a good story

Lastly, the foundation series by Asimov is grade A science fiction.
>>
>reading anything but subtitles
>>
David Mitchell (not that one, the other one) isn't terribly prestigious if you're trying to impress /lit/ but he's honestly one of the best novelists of the past 20 years. Plus, his protagonists tend to be cyborgs. You kinda get the feeling he wants them to have a tougher time/be bigger failures but he has to curtail himself due to commercial sensibilities of normies having to be able to relate to them.

Check out Number 9 Dream and then Black Swan Green if you liked it
>>
File: 1422825730910.jpg (30KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1422825730910.jpg
30KB, 500x379px
>>34852626
Literally anything by Michel Houellebecq. One of the only upsides of living a life of social alienation, mental illness and involuntary celibacy is it gives you a delicious appreciation for his books that those poor normies will never know
>>
The Consumer, by Michael Gira. Thank me later
>>
No Longer Human- Osamu Dazai
Very robot and a pretty quick read.
I also recently read Audition by Ryu Murakami which i would also recommend. It's not very literary but its fun and also a quick read.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.