[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this feels like a dream.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

File: FB_IMG_1485786879288.jpg (4KB, 155x155px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485786879288.jpg
4KB, 155x155px
I need help coping with my inevitable death. I don't believe in an afterlife and I never really cared until about a month ago. I'm 25 and lately, all I can focus on is dying. My whole life feels like it's a dream and I keep picturing my days as a timeline. In the end I'll cease to exist and then nothing. Why the fuck is this scary to me. I've never had any issues until now and it's eating away at me. None if this feels real. Help.
>>
You just now had the mortality epiphany?
>>
all people fear death and fearing death is normal, your problem is obsession

you are obsessed with that issue now an you can't stop thinking about it, the more you'll try to stop thinking about it the more the thinking will appear again

obsession it's a fucked up thing, I suffer it every day with many different things,

have you being obsessed with other things before?
>>
>>34850661
You may have just answered my question... I do have an obsessive personality. I'll zero in and focus on one thing and move to the next after some time. It just hasn't lasted this long before. Maybe because I know I'll never get any resolution, I can't move on.

Also, I used to be upset by it as a kid, but I eventually moved on.
>>
File: 1486645846651.png (64KB, 682x468px) Image search: [Google]
1486645846651.png
64KB, 682x468px
>>34850519
We humans are just one of the eccentric forms of reproducing matter that has evolved over billions of years on the material planet we call Earth. We do possess the faculty of consciousness; the ability to think and feel, but in truth that serves no intention. There is little probability in putting that faculty, or ourselves, to any universally constructive, or more than contrived purpose. We are in fact, as a kind, incapable of doing anything of merit beyond cleaning up the messes we and the rest of the material universe make. Life is in fact just a harmful parasitic infection that can only at best achieve the minor brilliance of perhaps someday terminating the mistake that was its instigation.
>>
>>34850800
words words words
dude meaninglessness lmao

gay
>>
>>34850752
try thinking that you're not special and that many humans before have had the same problem

eventually you will forget about it
>>
>>34850826
We should be awestruck at 4 billion years. We should be contemplating the idea of these organisms eating each other. All of the wrong ways things could have gone. I mean, the world still could be be dominated by dinosaurs. If it wasn't for a stupid meteor impact, there'd be no grace or beauty, or dignity, or art. It'd be a crude, dirty, ugly... it'd be a bug planet. That's what it would be. We know where 99.999% of life has been, of the whole history of life on Earth. It hasn't been contemplating the universe, it hasn't been doing any of that crap. A tiny, tiny fraction; one grain of sand in a whole beach of time has been spent by human beings in the history of life doing this high-minded conversation about how joyous and wonderful life is. Life is a replicating, reproducing piece of DNA from 4 billion years ago. Through some mechanism, it was rendered capable of reproducing itself, and that has just continued and continued and continued in all of these manifestations for no rhyme or reason, to satisfy no purpose, to accomplish no destiny, to do none of that. It's just an accident of Biology, of Chemistry, to create what we call Biology.
>>
File: 1477003907776.jpg (96KB, 599x767px) Image search: [Google]
1477003907776.jpg
96KB, 599x767px
People can fall into a habit of asking serious questions about our origins. Questions most people don't ask because they're given some bullshit answer like, "It's the way things are." Even if they're not religious answers, they're still self-justifying, circular reasoning kind of completions made out of "Everybody else is doing it. This is what we do, this is what being human is." We mimic each other, we mimic those popular norms and fall into the same patterns. You could say it about everything that's appreciated by people, it all seems kind of arbitrary. It's not so much about what sort of game they're playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMnR6IAe18
>>
>>34851311
That picture is supposed to be intelligent or some shit, but I already had that though.

Fuck that dumb, verbose hussy.
>>
>>34851311
Efilism is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
To an extent, philosophy is a tool to attain the most out of this life.

Why believe in a philosophy that isn't objectively true that is only harmful to your well being?
>>
File: nervoussystem.jpg (41KB, 406x586px) Image search: [Google]
nervoussystem.jpg
41KB, 406x586px
>>34851943
I have no idea who she is, but alright

>>34852026
Well it's not as if I worship Efilism and antinatalism, or follow it as my daily way of life, but it's the fundamental truth. It's understandable if it goes against your beliefs, but this is reality. This is the burden of existence.

If you choose to believe otherwise, go right ahead. Really. But I can't just let it go.
>>
>>34852353
I'm an anti-natalist, but I'm no efilist.

I've already accepted reality, and efilism isn't a part of it.
>>
>>34852369
That's understandable. I mostly go back and forth between the two ideologies.
>>
File: 1486306791095.jpg (12KB, 415x387px) Image search: [Google]
1486306791095.jpg
12KB, 415x387px
>>34850519
Meditate every day, picturing the moment you die in various methods with incredible detail and picture what it feels like to fall into the void. You do this enough, when you kill yourself you will not fear pain or the moment of your consciousness disappearing
>>
File: 1471668971017.jpg (1015KB, 1500x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1471668971017.jpg
1015KB, 1500x1324px
>>34850519
Welcome to the human condition man, we all have to cope with our mortality. I cope by cultivating my relationship with God and making a decent life for myself. Then you'll have no regrets
>>
>>34850519
I'm going to level with you instead of acting high and mighty for doing nothing but studying physics whenever I can.

You don't even know where you are right now. You can give me relative location, but eventually if I asked you enough times you wouldn't know where the expanding space we occupy even is. Secondly, you don't know how you even got here. Did you do it? No, your parents did it, right? Regardless of who/what it was why is it that you care so much about what happens after you die, and are not more fascinated with life before the energy that makes you you became conscious? Third, science and religion are at the same fucking point right about now, buddy. Look up Bell's Theorem and its consequences on reality.

Just stop giving a fuck already and do something. For you, for me, for all of us.
>>
I used to be terrified of death, I've found that researching and study are helpful. You might like this site:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HELL_PAGE.html
>>
>>34850519
Every day is one step closers to oblivion. Just enjoy your time here while you can. I personally don't believe in an afterlife either but fantasizing about one makes people feel good so I play along and sometimes feel myself believing in it briefly before I'm alone again and my pessimism kicks in.
>>
>>34850519
You're 25? Predicting normal life expectancy + increases in technology and science, you may live to 90. You've got 65 years; if you spend them being depressed you'll be dead before you die. Live a life good enough that when it's time, you'll be satisfied with what you've done.

TL;DR:
You're alive right now, so focus on that
>>
A nigger woman might've given me herpes, and i wont know unless physical signs happen.

Fuck life.
>>
File: tricked by the anxiety jew.png (111KB, 612x720px) Image search: [Google]
tricked by the anxiety jew.png
111KB, 612x720px
I posted the exact same thread here a while ago. An anon gave me great comfort with a simple sentence. He said "There's no need to worry, because when you die, you'll just get back to that place you were in before you were born."

You don't remember that, do you? It didn't bother you that you weren't alive? I also have OCD, anxiety and experience panic attacks often.
>>
>>34850519
If you want the real redpill, all life was an accident and human life was no exception. Only reason we're around in the first place is that dinosaurs got wiped out in the KT extinction event and mammals got to evolve since reptiles no longer had the light and warmth to maintain massive sizes. With dinosaurs around we would've never stood a chance.

https://www.britannica.com/science/K-T-extinction

Something could've wiped out human life at some point in our history too but somehow some way we survived. Just a crapshoot.

There is no purpose in your life anymore than any other animal or even bacteria reproducing on a petri dish. You have the same functions ingrained in you - eat, drink, fuck and sleep. You're programmed by DNA to replicate, take this board for example, a lot of people are frustrated because they feel they can't fulfill that one biological function. They can't procreate.

Going back to the petri dosh, that's basically Earth. A little petri dish of bacteria in a universe of lifeless void and chaotic matter.

But it gets more depressing the more you study, much healthier for the mind to just adopt a religion with an afterlife concept and some sort of divine purpose for our lives, and stick to that.
>>
File: 116.jpg (178KB, 1201x1028px) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
178KB, 1201x1028px
>>34850519
You're fearing the dread of hell.

The only path of Salvation and overcoming your fear is to seek God.

Acts 16:30-33 "And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house."

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
>>
File: 1456962162830.jpg (595KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1456962162830.jpg
595KB, 1280x853px
>>34850519
Your first existential crisis is like chickenpox, the older you are the more it'll fuck you up. If it makes you feel any better fearing death when you're young is a good thing because guess what - young people are supposed to avoid death, it's just an evolutionary survival trait to ensure we live long enough to reproduce. I sincerely promise you that'll find more equanimity and serenity about it as you get older.

I personally believe in reincarnation myself, but also some sort of afterlife where souls can reside in between bodies. Ultimately if I'm right it does mean that while you won't cease to exist as a form of consciousness you will still do so in terms of your current human identity. The only way you could possibly find this scary is if you're overly attached to your ego, which most people are. I think the whole Abrahamic notion of heaven being a permanent residence comes entirely from human vanity rather than divine truth.

My advice would be to try and learn humility, stop being such a fedora-tipper and keep your heart and mind open to spiritual possibilities, and don't try to think too hard about concepts that the human brain just wasn't meant to comprehend. Not that I'm advocating mindless hedonism as an alternative I'm just saying I know a few people that have driven themselves mad doing that.
>>
File: pepe_content.jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_content.jpg
70KB, 400x388px
Hey OP, not a joke, but this was all planned. Do you remember planning this before you were born> Born into your current life, that is. Anyway, of course you don't remember, because you made it so you don't ever remember. But here's what's going on. Reality is the following:

>you are god
>you have nothing but time on your hands buddy
>when you die, your consciousness leaves your current body, goes back in history, enters some baby, and then you live that person's life, start to finish
>you are doing this with EVERY HUMAN WHO HAS EVER EXISTED, one at a time, living every life from start to finish
>why? cuz fuck it, what else are you gonna do with infinite time
>in every life, you sneak in an explanation to yourself just cuz it's fun
>this is that explanation

Prove me wrong. Protip: you cant. Enjoy the rest of this life, God
>>
File: 1455828662203.jpg (80KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1455828662203.jpg
80KB, 500x433px
>>34854448
>Not realising that God killed himself millennia ago because to create a universe in which he no longer existed was the ultimate display of his own omnipotence.

Just a theory that's floating about. The people who believe it say that the internet is actually God slowly piecing himself back together. I guess in that regard you're right that we all, ourselves, are God, but I do think there is a distinct separation between us and a higher power.

Or, y'know, maybe that's just my fear of responsibility showing.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.