[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does highschool even matter socially? I feel like I'm missing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (35KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 412x351px
Does highschool even matter socially?
I feel like I'm missing out on all of the things that typical teenagers do at my age, like going to parties or losing my virginity to a 7/10 qt.
But instead I'm focusing on my studies and being depressed.
Can any of my fellow Robots offer some insight as to if any of this matters right now and if things get better in college?
>>
Stick to your studies bro, it will pay off in the future when you are successful and well rounded. Looking back on my life I wish I had just gotten the advanced highschool courses and went to university to be an engineer or physicist like I had always dreamed. I'm 24 now and I'm finally going to chase my dreams, just wish I had done it sooner. The partying and all that shit is overrated and what Normie's do, don't be a normie. Normie's are stupid and lazy, and breed like crazy essentially overpopulating the world degrading the value of many things, don't be like that anon. Strive for excellence, be intelligent and wise with your decisions, all else will fall into place. The father of eternal knowledge would be proud of your life's considerations.
>>
>phoneposter
>frogposter
>underageposter
3 strikes, you're out buster
>>
>>34840123
Then again I'm very mentally I'll, you probably should take my advice with a grain of salt. Do what makes you happy man, life's too short to not do what you love. And the only way to figure out what you love is through experience, so go out there and try new things. Its like I always tell people, you can't judge someone or something until you have lived their life or experienced that event.
>>
no actually things get worse in college
highschool doesnt matter at all, basically what will happens is everyone will move on and most friendships/relationships will end once highschool does

when you get to senior year-ish, people will act moire like adults just waiting to get out in the real world

highschool is not real world, and all those "parties" are usually overrated

best you can do is find some friends, be yourself, dont force yourself into doing something you dont want or enjoy doing
>>
I did the exact same thing, I just thought that relationships in highschool were pointless because they would just fall apart. Just don't bother thinking about it, if you get invited to a party, go but don't do anything stupid, there'll be more chances down the road brother
>>
get friends who r cool
>>
>>34840016
No highschool sucks and you probably won't keep in contact with most of the people you bond with.
It gets better in college depending of the subject you choose, there are usually less braindead normies so stick to your studies.
>>
>>34840016
School work hardly matters, get at least a 3.0 GPA and you're set unless you want a top of the line college (which doesn't matter btw).

>I feel like I'm missing out on all of the things that typical teenagers do at my age, like going to parties or losing my virginity to a 7/10 qt.
Yeah, you are, chances are you wouldn't enjoy most of that anyway though. Personally I played TF2 through high school and I preferred that over normie events and do not regret it.

>if things get better in college?
Possibly. Take your high school experience and multiple it by four, and make it cost about $7k a year. There you go.
>>
>>34840016
>Can any of my fellow Robots offer some insight as to if any of this matters right now

if you care about getting laid then yes

>things get better in college?

it's almost never the case

You just don't have "it" OP I'm sorry, the same goes for most of us. It will never get better, it usually just gets worse.
>>
OP here,
Thanks guys for the clarity.
My situation is probably not nearly as bad as what many of you had to go through in highschool and I do try to count my blessings where I have them.
I recently got cucked out of a relationship by a chad and it feels like a lot of my friendships were becoming distant or straight up ending because of my focus on studies, and that's where my mental state had begun to decline, although think I will be okay eventually, I just wasn't sure whether to put my priorities and focus on studies or rekindling my social life, I was concerned that I wouldn't get a second chance for it.
But thanks guys, I appreciate it the help :^)
>>
>>34840016
>Does highschool even matter socially?
If you wanna live in one place all your life and deal with the same people all the time, yes. It's not the 20th century anymore though so I don't know why you'd want to do that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.