[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retail Feels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 20

File: 1468303151299.jpg (118KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
1468303151299.jpg
118KB, 849x565px
Been awhile since I last saw a retail feels thread, they always feel cathartic.

>its another "female manager does nothing" episode
>its another "get assigned menial task cause you're a robot" episode
>its another "have to deal with a customer" episode

At least today's highlight was closing the store right before a customer could get inside, he was still in his car.
He threw his hands up and shouted, I laughed a little bit desu.

Feel free to share your retail feels, share stories/tips and best of all: complain.
Maybe it'll make you feel better.
>>
>>34834544
Robros help me... how do I get a job in retail?
>>
>knowing this job will lead to nothing
>just want to work in the stock room alone
>need the money for rent
>>
File: 1481051017732.png (157KB, 394x298px) Image search: [Google]
1481051017732.png
157KB, 394x298px
>>34834578
Man I dunno how I did it, for whatever reason they liked me enough to pull from the back and stick me in the front.
I don't even know what I did, I wish I could be in the back still.
At least I got to listen to music and take breaks at my leisure.

>>34834628
>its another "Is this really where I wanted to end up? episode.
>>
>>34834578
be young and willing to work shit hours for shit pay.
>>
Got off early because dead because tourist town. Went to bowl across the street with my friends because one form the group was leaving when I came in. Really coincidental how everything laid into a puzzle
>>
Are you guys nicer when you detect a robot?

Sometimes I struggle to talk to a cashier and drop my change.
>>
File: the-home-depot-1.jpg (1MB, 3008x1960px) Image search: [Google]
the-home-depot-1.jpg
1MB, 3008x1960px
>>34834578
Apply like crazy, focus on seasonal stores that are gearing up for spring and summer sales.

home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes are hiring like crazy right now for their busy summer months, i work at Home Depot and i've already seen 3-4 new people this week alone and our garden department hasnt even started hiring yet.

also ama about working at the Homeless Despot.
>>
>>34834693
Yes. I try to give discounts too. This goes for nice people in general.
>>
>>34834693
Whenever I work the till and I notice a spazzy/non-normie person I always make sure to smile and give them the best service I can.

>>34834702
This!!

I got hired at Lowe's as an assembler, it might suck throwing together grills and PDI'ing lawn-mowers but its a good job depending on where you are.
>>
>>34834578

>apply to job
>don't be a complete sperg during the interview
>show up for all of your shifts
>no you can't randomly call in sick whenever you feel like
>no you can't just not show up sometimes
>do your shit work for shit pay
>being reliable enough to show up for your shifts makes you better than 90% of dipshit highschool kids they hire
>managers will like you since you don't make any extra work for them
>>
>>34834702

how do you cope with idiotic people assuming you are the equivalent of licensed general contractors and asking ridiculous questions?

how do you cope with licensed general contractors assuming you are a moron with a sub-90 IQ and treat you like trash?
>>
Man, I love your stories. Want the old retail and puzzaboy greentext threads back.
>>
Who here /foodindustryslave/?
>>
>>34834702

What does Home Depot usually look for in a potential employee? I got nearly three years at Kroger as a department clerk (produce and diary). Decent work ethic, fit (265LB bench and in general good shape), and I got plenty of time this semester as well as the upcoming summer. I am getting fucked on hours at Kroger and I need to fill up my savings account.

>I also did some side work with basic HVAC stuff and gutter cleaning/installation.
>>
>>34834769
I point them to a different co-worker or I tell them that I'm not a licensed general contractor and can't legally give them advice.

I just deal with it, I push carts so its right to assume I'm a fucking dumbass.

>>34834782
Here's a quick greentext for you

>working in the hot summer
>got to store-use (free) a kick ass US Flag Bandanna
>wet and wear that fucker around my neck whenever I can, cools me the fuck off
>one day an old lady and her husband ask me for help locating something
>as I'm helping them the old lady touches my bandanna, her fingers are close to my neck
>calls me "Cowboy" and jokes around
>doesnotcompute.tiff
>go out to pull carts in and come back for a quick cool-off
>I run into her again, this time she pulls me aside and looks me sincerely in the eyes
>"You have to tell people that you're a little new so they'll give you some leeway and not be too hard on you sweetie..."
>shows me her wedding ring and leaves with her husband

To this day, I have no idea what the fuck she was doing.

>>34834803
My local taco bell is hiring, how true are the memes?
>>
File: 1485807776536.jpg (25KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1485807776536.jpg
25KB, 525x481px
>>34834812
I think you sound like a shoe-in myself.
Try applying and crossing your fingers.
>>
>>34834730
most of that assembly work is done by our vendors, it looks horribly repetitive but they get really good at it and people leave them alone since they always look busy.

>>34834769
>how do you cope with idiotic people assuming you are the equivalent of licensed general contractors and asking ridiculous questions?
wing it with a bullshit answer or refer them to someone i think can help, then flee the scene. there is proper technique to handing off customers to more knowledgeable associates but finding someone to help is usually the hardest part.

>how do you cope with licensed general contractors assuming you are a moron with a sub-90 IQ and treat you like trash?
i just smile and walk away if they are being dicks about it. thankfully my store is in a more rural/suburban area so most of our customers are small time contractors or DIY homeowners so there are plenty of times when i know more about what im talking about than they do.
>>
>>34834578
Try for overnight stocking at grocery stores. Just say you have open availability and you'll get pretty consistent hours since there's less people competing to come in at 3 AM. There's also a lot less normies to deal with and it's really peaceful. NOTHING can go wrong.
>>
>work in shelter kennel
>have 3 year old German shepherd named Kaya who is terrified of strangers
>will bite when someone she doesn't know reaches for her quickly and scares her
>have multiple signs up saying don't stare at her, put fingers in her kennel, etc
>people don't listen
>move her behind a kennel with plexiglass over the bars so people can't reach in
>only open area is on the bottom to put a food bowl in
>put a blanket over her kennel so people don't stare at her
>multiple signs saying she's not up for adoption and don't bother her
>giant red sign saying she will bite so don't put your fingers in the kennel
>fat white trash camofag slob comes in with a five year old girl
>ask him if there's anything I can help him with
>get totally ignored
>shrug it off and go back to making dinner for the dogs
>see him lift up the blanket on Kaya's kennel
>tell him to stop and say why she has it there to begin with
>"ILL HAVE YOU KNOW MY FAMILY BRED GERMAN SHEPHERDS AND I KNOW WHAT IM DOING BLAH BLAH BLAH"
>tell him ok cool but fucking leave her alone
>he huffs and moves on
>less than two minutes later he's putting his hand under the fucking plexiglass on her kennel
>she's growling and clearly terrified
>he keeps doing it
>tell him if he refuses to listen that I will have to ask him to leave
>he says ok ok fine he will leave her alone
>turn around to pickup a food bowl
>hear a squeal
>he lifted up the blanket fucking again and this time was letting his kid reach under to try to pet Kaya
>his brat grabbed her ear and pulled on it
>Kaya bit her hand
>got mad at me for it
>tried getting me fired for "letting a dangerous animal injure his child"

I hate shitty parents
>>
>>34834812
getting hired at Home Depot as anything other than a cart jocky or cashier focuses primarily on past experience, customer service skills and teamwork abilities. interviews are done by Assistant Store Managers and are based on generic situational questions ("tell me about a time you...") and they'll use your answers to judge you in the previously mentioned areas. think of any past work or life experience that relates to the position you are applying to, make up a nice story about one time you went "above and beyond for a customer", and talk about some good *and bad* experiences you've had in team projects. being in good enough shape to lift heavy things is a plus, as long as you arnt a drooling moron they'll probobly hire you, even then they'll make you a lot attendant.

>>34834868
>I just deal with it, I push carts so its right to assume I'm a fucking dumbass.
Department 94 here, i just want to let you know we all think you're dumbasses too.
>>
>>34835073
>fat mexican mom with fat mexican boys

really fires up the ol neurons
>>
I've got one from today, actually.
>work Home Depot tool rental.
>trying to tune up engines for spring
>hop on register to help with line.
>check out two people
>third starts inching over
>tell him to stay where he is, as a tool rental customer came in before him and is waiting in another line
>he asks if I'm having a bad day like a snark asshole.

I work retail and have 60 engine tuneups to do before spring. The weathers been stupidly warm so I didnt even get my comfy winter of slacking off. What the fuck do you think? My LIFE is a bad day.
>>
>>34835223
My area doesn't have many Mexicans or blacks so it's mostly white trash that fuck everything up

plus it honestly makes sense. GSDs are easily the signature dog of the white trash. In fact that's where she came from in the first place
>>
>>34835305
Tool Rental is tough stuff, they expect you to do way to much and know way too much and none of the managers know anything about the department and can help you if anything goes wrong.

talk that small engine repair knowledge elsewhere that pays better.
>>
File: 154.jpg (59KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
154.jpg
59KB, 500x750px
>fellow home debro

Home Depot is pretty baller to work for

>coworkers are all bro-tier middle aged guys with hella experience and great sense of humor
>or qt college-aged girls, getting paid to flirt
too bad they all have boyfriends
>thicc milf assistant manager
>drive reach truck around, acquire bitches
>get on forklift, lift bitches

pay sucks and having to deal with bullshit from customers is never fun but I genuinely like working there.

D25 here, ama
>>
>>34835454
I don't have much small engine repair knowledge, Im the desk jockey, not the tech. I was just doing oil changes. I've been at the depot for 11 years. Graduating with an associates in bio this semester, hoping for park service work. I'm 36.
All that said, I like being in my own little dept that no one bothers you at. Mgrs don't know it so they stay away, get to play with tools and engines. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
anything retail is a subhuman bottom tier job and you all should feel bad for being a wagecuck there
>>
>>34835593
ok bud
enjoy your tendies and piss bottles there champ
>>
>>34835454
>>34835305
>Tool Rental is tough stuff, they expect you to do way too much and know way too much and none of the managers know anything about the department and cant help you if anything goes wrong.

>take that small engine repair knowledge elsewhere that pays better.

derp fixed my horrible spelling.
>>
Do you Home Depot guys ever go on The Warehouse?
>>
>>34835537
ey bro whats the pay? Im kinda jealous of the work atmosphere. I would love to talk to coworkers about advice on home projects and stuff or what they are doing. Get any discounts?
>>
File: 1461432999536.png (496KB, 579x533px) Image search: [Google]
1461432999536.png
496KB, 579x533px
>work at target in literally the capital for cunty stay at home middle aged white women
>all the other team members hate them more than i do but it's still hell
>the only solace i have is a bunch of cashier girls want my dick but i refuse to shit where i eat

i can't win
>>
>>34834693
It depends. I try to be as accommodating as possible, because I know what it feels like to be a NEET but sometimes I just don't have any sympathy to give.

>TS/FRS at Aplelele Store
>checking in people at Genius Bar
>filipino lady starts telling me what's going on with her daughter's phone
>I create a walk-in reservation, which requires an email
>she calls her daughter over
>dumpy, slobbish looking girl shuffles over like the life is draining out of her
>ask her for her email address
>mumbles incomprehensible gibberish
>ask her to repeat herself politely
>mumbles something a little louder then trails off to barely audible grumbling
>ask her twice more to repeat herself, lean over a bit and turn my ear towards her so i can hear
>her mom tells her to speak up, clearly exasperated
>finally tells me her weeb email address loudly enough to be able to put it in

I get being timid and shy, but I legit can't stand it anymore when people act like shy cunts around me, it's annoying as fuck

I'm glad I was forced to get a job because sales/customer service forces you to be assertive
>>
>>34834544
The only female manager i've had at my place was the only manager who got shit done and is coming back to replace my GM soon which is fucking nice
>>
>>34835016
Looks comfy desu.

orgorg
>>
>>34835772

pay is shit, minimum wage. recently the minimum wage went up by 50 cents so I'm making 10.50/hr. every 6 months we get reviewed and they give us a raise, but it's only a few cents each time. I've been busting ass so hopefully they noticed and I get my extra pennies.

the work atmosphere is great until it gets chaotic around 10 to 2, we call them power hours. but for the most part it's very chill and you just feel at home. I do at least.

no discounts, I had heard we get employee discounts but we actually don't.
>>
>tfw fell in love with a manager that's gonna be leaving for another job soon
I feel like begging her to stay
>>
>>34836086
same, of the few female managers i have they pretty much all work their asses off, i'm beginning to wonder if it's just always less busy when the guys are managing and that's why they always seem more laid back or if it's more so that the females have to work twice as hard to keep up the pace
>>
I feel kind of pathetic sometimes that my job at mcdonalds almost seems to give me a sense of purpose in life.
>>
>>34836166
you're not alone. my job is the only thing that forces me to go out and interact with people and has probably kept me sane
>>
File: 1471033671771.jpg (96KB, 439x457px) Image search: [Google]
1471033671771.jpg
96KB, 439x457px
>>34834741
Depends on how long you want to keep the job for though. I started calling in sick like crazy and used all my vacation pay on my last 2 months on the job. You can always lie and make up job history if you really need to. I told a previous hiring manager that I worked at Chinese buffet for 5 years which was all bullshit. Just be confident in your own bullshit and you'll be fine.
>>
>>34835537
>>34835576
D94 here, previously worked in D78 then D25 before management moved me up to Order Fulfillment. Tool Rental can be tough at times but there are plenty of times of the year where the place is dead and you can sit back and relax at the computers without a single customer bothering you for hours on end.

i enjoyed D25 for different reasons, a lot more work but you can easily keep yourself busy for an entire day doing odds and ends and there are always customers to help find what they need. however stocking shelves, filling outs and cleaning up bay after bay of merchandise thrown around by customers gets old fast, id never be able to go back to it after having free range of the entire store in D94.
>>
>>34836280

Having actual references that liked me led to getting better jobs.
>>
File: wage for life.png (270KB, 1185x699px) Image search: [Google]
wage for life.png
270KB, 1185x699px
Might Be Worth Reading.
>>
>>34834578

You don't fucking want it dude. Apply for some kind of low level city/county government position like a park groundskeeper or something.
>>
File: 1486365418775.jpg (48KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
1486365418775.jpg
48KB, 600x341px
>>34837110
I would but that's easier said than done my man.

Such comfy jobs are already taken by old cunts that won't quit or just wither and die.
>>
Retail has made me hate the elderly

>always hold up the line
>always pay with a $100 bill
>don't know how to use a card reader but are somehow allowed to drive
>willfully ignorant of modern technology; especially computers and the internet
>"HURR HURR IT MUST BE FREE THEN" joke
>will often stand at the register making idle conversation with strangers after the transaction is finished
>always ask for a manger to resolve an issue despite the fact that the manager says the same thing I just said to them word-for-word
>demand a discount on any given item for any minor scratch on the box or if it's the last one left
>>
>>34837519
>always hold up the line
>stand there making conversation with strangers/cashier
this is why I hate going to the walgreens by my house
>>
>opening shift at Taco Bell
>fresh cash drawer with $75 in it
>first customer
>"okay, that'll be $8.54"
>they open their wallet
>they rifle past 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s, and give me a $100 bill
>window time already ruined

FUCK OFF WE AREN'T A BANK
>>
>>34837559
cant you refuse it and tell them you dont have enough change to break a $100?
>>
File: 1462450104013.png (513KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
1462450104013.png
513KB, 680x762px
>>34837133

trust me, you dont wanna work retail, night shift or not.

I'm working night shift at a large grocery store whilst waiting for security clearance for a chemistry job, it fucking sucks and is mind-numbling boring.

Not only that, but nothing you do will be ever be recognized by your 'superiors', you work harder than usual and they'll just tell you to work harder or do that exact rate of work every time, whereas if you make even a minor mistake, expect to be lectured about it and reminded of it.

It's a hell hole where talent and youth goes to die, the people who stagnate the longest in retail become the team leaders/managers who reproach you.

All whilst they stagnate whilst letting the high turnover rate of young adults to do their work for them; not in part to the difficulty of the work itself but in the ineffiency of how that work gets done by the asinine fucks who linger there.

So in essence, don't get a fucking job in retail unless you truly hate yourself and want to have a 'career' that surmounts to you being a future shelf stacker with chronic back pain and who in the next 20-30 years will be replaced by automation anyways.

Fuck Retail.
>>
>>34837600

The higher ups want us to break it for them. I usually ask if they want to pay another way because I don't have enough to break it, but most of the time they're assholes so they make me break it anyway.

I really don't understand why these people carrying around $100 bills don't deposit it or get it broken for them at a bank.
>>
i got a job at ikea just 2 weeks ago after working at mcdonalds and woolworths (aus grocery store) for years. in case any robots are thinking of potential places to work, i will list the pros and cons of the job
pros:
>god tier pay for retail (base rate of 23.42 an hour)
>good working environment, customers dont usually try and make conversation depending on which department you work in
>restaurant just for employees, can get a proper cooked lunch for $2 and 50c per side and its always decent
>most co-workers are friendly and happy to be there (because of how well workers are treated + good pay) so it is not a depressing place to work unlike grocery / department stores
>emphasis on personal achievements, managers strive to help you be as happy as you can at work

thats all i can think of right now but by far it is much better than fast food or a grocery store, everyone actually seems invested in their work and it is not treated like a typical job so its much less depressing and draining

cons:
>they try to be really PC so they hire a lot of differing races and people who are refugees or international students seem like theyre put on some sort of social pedestal by all the staff? (i dont really have a problem with this because im just there to work but i know some robots might)
>everyones happy go lucky attitude gets somewhat tiring on a bad shift
>a lot of girl managers (once again, no problem with this but some robots might)
>big emphasis on sweden and swedish culture which i hate because sweden isnt doing the best right now so i feel like im cheering on cucks every time

pay makes all of it worth it, and they give good hours - i work in recovery so i cant offer much insight on other roles but if you guys want to know anything in general then ask away (i can choose to work 7am-3pm, 9-5, 10-6, 12-8 or 2-10)
>>
You wanna know what makes me a rage?

>customer decides they want $20 cash back
>register opens up
>I take out a $20 bill
>close the register
>hand them $20 bill
>"Oh, can I get that in 5s and 1s?"

YOU MOTHERFUCKER YOU KNEW YOU WANTED 5S AND 1S BEFORE I EVEN OPENED THE REGISTER WHY DID YOU WAIT UNTIL NOW TO TELL ME THAT SHIT?
>>
>>34837677
this made me realize i've never gotten paychecks by any means other than direct deposit, and have never gotten anything larger than a 20 from POS (or hell, even ATM) withdrawals

where the hell do people even get 100s from these days
>>
>>34837630

this is pretty spot on

t. miserable asshole manager
>>
>derps walking up to me
>me wearing uniform with stores logo clearly visible on chest of shirt
>'durr, do you work here?'
>>
I used to work nightshifts and it was comfy as fuck, but apparently my store is losing money or something and the manager decided to get rid of night shift. Now I work evenings or mornings and it's true hell and yet at the same time I simply dont have the motivation and energy to get something better. Promised myself I would learn programming like 6 months ago and I still haven't even opened a book. Also am I the only one in constant pain, my knees, hands, feet, etc. are always hurting
>>
>>34834544
Is fast food retail?

>work in a Taco Bell off the freeway
>there are ALWAYS customers
>theres a strip club down the the street so I ALWAYS have customers in the graveyard shifts too
>they never stop, I can't ever sit down for just a second
>force a smile and cheery attitude even though I want to strangle the son of a bitch at the drive through

The only good thing from all this is that I get to flirt with the strippers getting off at 3AM, I should go and apply there..
>>
I'm 22 and never had a job

Applied to around 60 or so places, no experience required (most don't even need resumes) and I haven't gotten a single interview.

What do I do?
>>
>>34837630
Fuck, I gotta quit my shitty retail job already (10 years of suffering so far)
>>
>>34837744
Mexicans that work illegally so everything they do is cash under the table.
>>
>people paying with checks

Literally why is this still a thing? It's always geriatric old fucks who can barely hold a pen that insist on using this garbage instead of learning that a debit card does the exact same thing 100 times faster.
>>
>>34835997
Who cares man just fuck. It's just retail lol
>>
>>34837852
>10 years

Anon please tell me you're at least in some kind of a management position

>that one coworker who has been working at the store for 20+ years but is still only a cashier

I don't know how he wakes up in the morning. I would have lost the will to live years ago.
>>
>>34837976
Haha nope, management always seemed like too much work, especially in areas I lack such as communicating with others.
I kinda feel trapped in at this point, and I hate it
>>
File: 1485901430620.jpg (117KB, 580x867px) Image search: [Google]
1485901430620.jpg
117KB, 580x867px
>>34837630
Hmm... appreciate the insight friend.

Seems I won't go for retail after all. You have my word.

Currently a Uni student so I could probably bullshit my way to something worthwhile like a paid internship in my field if I'm persistent enough.

Hope you find your way as well mate. Though we have not met nor will we ever... know that you are in my thoughts.
>>
Not retail but i work security. deal with fuckwits all day long
>>
>>34837559
> getting a 100 bill during rush hour
>People who ask too many questions while ordering
>People who take to long to order
>People who don't even know what the fuck they are ordering and then get pissed when they "didn't" get what they wanted
> when a customer repeats their order to you in a angry tone because they think you didn't get it when you actually did
>When a middle aged black women are about order
>When people are too fucking picky with their food
>When a shit ton of people come in 10 minutes before we close making a fucking mess
>When a customer literally come inside the restaurant to bitch to the manager how you didn't greet her in drive through even though you and your workers all agree that you did
>When a literally tells you "the customer is always right even if they are wrong"

I could go on for so long, but the point is that i hate my fucking job at tacobell. The only thing that makes it alright is the chill people that work there but they usually come and go. Also getting paid almost minum wage which is 7.75 in texas. I fucking hate my life.
>>
>>34835593
Nobody has luck in life like you,Chad. You should be a little sympathetic to hard-working people while your parents give you thousands of dollars to waste on drugs and luring roasties.
>>
>>34837817
Just be careful not to get some STD or some other nasty shit,anon.
>>
>>34837519
>Demanding discount if it's the last one left.
I have never heard of this before, what is their logic behind it?
>>
>>34836981
I'd be interested to know what sort of job he had. I don't like my job by any means, but more in a "ah fuck here we go again" time-wasting nuisance sort of way, not something painfully horrible.
>>
>>34835073

My jimmies have been rustled. Poor doggo
>>
>stocking shelves at ghetto Kroger in drug/GM section
>old black woman comes up to me
>"Sir, do you know how to find the best watermelon?"
>hold back laughs and utter amazement
>"No ma'am, I do not. Try asking a manager over there."
>old negress wanders off and hopefully finds a nice watermelon
>>
Wondering if I should quit working at food Lion at get a job at some go kart joint. I think they'll hire me back if I put in my two weeks. I hate how only tourists come here so it's dead during the winter and fall. I'm literally getting 12 hrs/week for the last two weeks. I just hate my manager at food lion because she makes everything complicated, doesn't care about anyone. I get 9 an hour and at go karts I'd get like 7.85 an hour. But during the summer I'd get maybe little more than 40 hours a week, while at food Lion I'll be getting 28 to 36 hours. I feel like go karts will be a lot more enjoyable, also I'll get free food, no matter how small the portions. Someone help ahhhh

wburg VA
>>

Oh my fuck this every single time

>Show up for my shift at 2pm on saturday, which goes until close at 10pm
>Morning shift, which started at 5am, had 3 people on today (a rarity)
>Old guy, and the bitch sisters
>Old guy is alright, tends to do his stuff slowly but will always do the same things he has to
>Bitch sisters manage to do fuck all for 9 hours straight
>Delivery was left out in the rain
>Bins were overflowing
>are behind the register was a mess
>cigarettes weren't put out
>Perishable food left out of packaging, went rock hard before I arrived
>They were on their phones for 9 hours

I have never been so furious at work before, my supervisor was going to blow a gasket. So there's a meeting on tuesday and it sounds like everyone's phone is going to have to be put in the safe during shifts because these roasties literally cannot be expected to work with it on them.
>>
>>34839915
Youre the useless nigger.
Make sure its relatively heavier, and that the yellow spot on it is about 50-70% of one face of the melon.
>>
>>34840484
If you're only getting 12hrs/week there's no reason you can't pick up a second job. Assuming you actually need the job.
If you're in school and don't actually need the job, do whichever you feel would be more enjoyable.
>>
>>34840577
I know I was useless. I never worked produce. I just stocked soap, shampoo. and OTC drugs.
>>
>>34834544
How do you answer the "Tell me about yourself" question and questions about your hobbies?
>>
>>34835997

the refuse to shit where you eat thing applies to your eventual career, not fucking retail m8
>>
>>34834544
I dont work retail but how do relate to fellow autists and robots at payment?
I mean when im struttering or just being super awkward?
>>
>>34840738
You bullshit and bullshit some more. Just make it sound good but not over the top, you're not Chad.
>>
>>34840738
>Tell me about yourself
Talk about education and previous employment only
>hobbies
Just bullshit something safe, like reading
>>
>work in grocery store
>in norway
>its norway so all customers are nice and compliant
>hardly ever any problems
>any story I have is old people not being very techsavvy and getting confused over the card terminal and shit
>work was boring and my boss was nice but incompetent and mismanaged to the point where my efficiency was hampered
>quit two months ago spontaneously
>am now neet
>i love life again
>>
>>34840889
Let me live with you Norway bro pls
>>
>>34839915
For some reason I find this story really heartwarming and life affirming. Thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>34834544
>started working in retail on a zero hour contract
Oh boy o boy am I living the highlife now.
>tfw turned down college
I could go any year I please but that would literally doom me to a life of tedious middlemanagment at best (also unemployment is fairly common since college is a meme). I really should get my act together and go to university but it's hard after years of wasting away.
>>
IF YOU GIVE ME A 100$ BILL 5 MINUTES AFTER WE OPEN FUCK YOU.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>its a customer asks for change in separate bills after you've closed the register episode
>>
File: IMG_7636.png (337KB, 798x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7636.png
337KB, 798x479px
>tfw sitting in work 8 min before shift starts
I really don't want to do it. I'm so tired of doing this. Same shit every day.

I just want to be home playing Final Fantasy 4 on PSP.
>>
File: 1486841281500.jpg (645KB, 842x1235px) Image search: [Google]
1486841281500.jpg
645KB, 842x1235px
>>34834702
I applied for the MET crew but I didn't get it. I did end up getting a lot associate position, though. I used to be a vendor in garden so I'm hoping to get a garden spot.

Is the lot a shitty position? I don't really like the idea of gathering carts and loading cars all day but I'm taking it so I can try to switch later on.
>>
>>34837559
Nigger, every place Ive worked has a minimum 200 dollar float.
>>
Want an easy shit tier job now desu

Might kill myself this week in my financial job
>>
File: 1484352118601.jpg (55KB, 268x263px) Image search: [Google]
1484352118601.jpg
55KB, 268x263px
>>34842161
>tfw always tell them to go to customer service since I can't re-open the cash drawer

"O-oh it's okay haha"
>>
I've worked as a food prep guy once and only once. It includes preping food and washing dishes. It was horrible since the machines were broken so you had to use a microwave and the actual oven you cook the food in. Plus you had to wash dishes all day. Shit is not worth 8.25 I quit the same day.
>>
I work customer service in a grocery store and the one thing that I absolutely can't stand is when people want to check out at the customer service desk. Now if I'm doing nothing and you have 5 or less items, I don't mind. It's these fucking assholes who think that the customer service desk is another express checkout and these other fucks who come over to me with a cart full of items. Then they get mad when they have to wait because I have other shit to do like Western Union, lotto, money orders etc.. I even tell them it's going to be a while and they still fucking wait.
>>
>work at a shoppers drug mart
>have two day Sale on eggs and 6 packs of soda
>ran out fairly early, despite having lots
>people get pissed when I tell them we're out of Pepsi
>put sign on egg cool8, saying "ayy lmao we're out of eggs we're getting more in tomorrow "
>Still get people who walk up to the egg cooler, read the sign (or, better yet, don't realize the signs there, despite being roughly eye level to most people ), and ask me if we have eggs

I mean, either aren't terrible on their own. It's annoying being asked every five minutes if we have eggs/Pepsi every five minutes
>>
>>34843938
>you had to cook food in the actual oven!!!
>you had to do dishes all day, yucky!!!

you sound like a spoiled, rich, 16 year old white princess, kill yourself promptly.
>>
>be cashier
>customer buys cucumber
>rings up at .95
>customer complains that it was .85
>send bagger to go check price
>comes back and says it's .95
>customer says he's wrong
>now me and the customer go back
>it's .95
>customer complains about price and doesn't want the cucumber anymore

Just another day...
>>
>>34839915
>go to local fried chicken place
>have to wait a little bit because young black dude ordered like $75 worth of chicken
>>
>>34844052
No I said I had to cook the actual food in the microwave since their oven was broken.
Have you washed dishes with sharp objects burning chemicals and very hot water? That's not worth min wage
>>
>>34836280
Isn't that illegal you cheeky cunt m8?
>>
>>34844062
lmao

I'm starting another retail job tomorrow at Bridgestone Tires, anyone know what to expect? I have pretty much no experience in the auto tech industry, I've worked retail the last three years, so I'm assuming its gonna be oil changes and mopping the floors for me.
>>
>>34844062
I hate when customers try that, or they look at the wrong price cause then it means I have to call the department manager or go there with the customer to show him/her that she/he is wrong.

It especially sucks when we're being slammed by customers.
>>
>work cash
>We're out of some of the stuff that's on sale
>Not sure what time the trucks coming in, beyond "sometime tomorrow"
>Can't do much beyond give rain checks
>It's pretty busy, anyway
>Lineups galore
>Going as fast as I can
>Old dude, who was in my lineup, tries to cut in line
>Any got any of (can't remember which items, but they were sale items) in stock
>Tell him no, but I can give him a raincheck when he gets back in line

>I was in the middle of a transaction, so I wasn't going to stop that and do his raincheck
>Get to serving him. He asks again if we have any of what he's looking for in stock
>Say no. he asks again if I can find out exactly when the truck coming
>Tell him I'm not sure of the exact time, as there was no way I can check
>Asks both if we have any more of whatever in stock again, and when truck is coming, for a third time each
>Give him raincheck, then he asks again

It was like I was living the retail equivalent of Groundhog Day, but with an impatient old man
>>
>>34844293

It really does seem like a thing where, as staff, it would be better if you felt comfortable saying from the register "No, you're absolutely wrong, it's 95 cents take it or leave it."
>>
>>34844337
whats a raincheck?
>>
>>34844492
It's basically a piece of paper saying you can get an item for a certain price, within a certain timeframe.

It's usually given for sale items that are out of stock. The time the raincheck is good for varies between stores, but it's usually like two weeks or 30 days.
>>
>>34844445
The customer is innocent until proven guilty. and you cant prove anything
>>
So glad my mommy suddenly became super successful and I can just ride her coattails to a relaxing life.
>>
>>34834544

Are there any bartenders here? How's that going for you?
>>
>>34834544
>"have to deal with a customer" episode
Don't get a customer-facing role, then. Go for something in the back. Dealing with customers may pay more but it's not for us.
>>
>>34844611
Nice dubs

Funny thing is, I did start in the back, I was fine and happy there too but for whatever reason I fooled everyone into thinking I was a good people-person so they stuck me on the registers and have me go for carts too.
>>
>>34837836

I was 23 when I got my first one. If you haven't, you probably should be calling the manager a day or two after submitting your application to follow up on it.

Also, if you have to do those online personality quiz things (you know where they ask stupid shit like "I am good at conflict resolution" or whatever), don't go for the middle ground on 90% of them, either absolutely agree or disagree. Throw in a mostly (dis)agree occasionally to appease their algorithms.
>>
File: 1470372618603.jpg (45KB, 816x568px) Image search: [Google]
1470372618603.jpg
45KB, 816x568px
>>34837559
>his taco bell accepts $100 bills
haha my south central LA taco bell is too ghetto to consider such a thing
>>
>>34837709
Recovery? What even is that? Never worked a day in my life, sorry.
>>
>>34836059
I was forced into getting a job but it's done nothing but make me want to talk to people less. I've taken to shutting myself in my room when I get off work. I barely talk to my roommates and one is convinced I hate him.
>>
>>34844921
That sucks my dude i know that feel

Usually the ice cream skids arnt piled that high where i work, you just got the shitty end of the stick because of some dumbass before you
>>
>>34844718
I don't work at tbell but I hate when people pay with $100 for something 20 or less. I have my drawers at 100 and they do this shit to clean me out. Barely down the road from three banks. One of them is less than three minutes walking.
>>
I have a beautiful mutual "relationship" with a middle-aged female cashier at 7-11. I don't remember how it started but now, whenever I go there, I pay for my items without having to participate in any form of social interaction except for the shared nod of agreement at the end.

She's so understanding I nearly want to talk to talk to her. With that said, I'm happy with what I have. If I could only find a hairdresser equally understanding.
>>
>Given a task
>Didn't finish on time
>Feel like shit now
Sorry Boss, I let you down :^(
>>
Bumping before I go to work
>>
File: british_feel.jpg (191KB, 563x721px) Image search: [Google]
british_feel.jpg
191KB, 563x721px
>middle aged man (40) living in the UK
>worked retail all my fucking life, no friends, non prostitute virgin
>currently working in the 6th major brand I have worked at
>it is Tesco a pretty large one
>I work as a team leader in the produce department
>I am at least 17 years older than everyone in my team
>they hate me and make fun of me
>not even hard on them, treat them like my family
>they still hate me, call me 'the only prune in the fresh fruit section'
>don't punish them as I fear them
>our team is the most efficient because I work 12 hour days sometimes
>they like the praise but won't thank me
>try to organise a fun game we can play on the job
>hide a bunch of prunes in the fresh fruit
>tell my team that the first one to find a prune will get to go home an hour early
>one of them points at me and shouts 'FOUND HIM'
>let him go home 2 hours early and everyone else 1 hour early
>hide it from management by working 6 hours late
>tfw my life is a mess
>paid a prostitute to put fruit on a bookshelf whilst I masturbated and made her call me the best produce manager ever
>lost my erection because felt bad about not being a real manager
>>
>>34844609
Im one

Ez money, work with cuties and can usually bang some of them. Shit's cash desu.
>>
I work in the corporate head office of a very large retail company.

Technically I work in retail. Ask me anything
>>
>>34848167
I know this isn't real but holy fuck I wish it was
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-23+at+06.26.38).png (838B, 98x18px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-23+at+06.26.38).png
838B, 98x18px
>>34848167
cant tell if real or not real
>>
>>34848167
I used to be a Team Leader in Tesco.

Back to being a CA now though because fuck doing a managers job for 9 quid an hour with a shit rota.
>>
>>34848167
I feel sorry for you,M8.

I admit I giggled at the bit about hiring a prostitute to build a display of fruit though
>>
I'm a chashier at Kmart 8/10 a customer will ask if we're shutting down. I just tell them I hope so since I hate the place but deep down I'll be sad since I have a qt employee that has almost the same exact hours as me. I'm going to try to talk to her before the place shuts down.
>>
File: 1463428394251.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1463428394251.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>34848167
Excellent story.

Prune.
>>
>>34848297

Good to hear desu. How much do you interact with the clients? Small talk? Can you just pour drinks/close tabs and fuck off?
>>
File: pepe_kong.png (446KB, 1195x1151px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_kong.png
446KB, 1195x1151px
>>34844144

Maybe if you're applying for a job that requires a professional license or where lying about credentials could cause people to die (doctor, engineer, cop etc) but it's not illegal for shit tier jobs. Employers lie to employees all the time anyways. Fuck 'em, you have a right to lie too.
>>
>>34837709

>tfw was inspired to look at the ikea jobs near me
>tfw it's only some carpenter position that requires actual carpentry experience

Oh well.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.