[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your career goals? How many books do you read a day?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

What are your career goals? How many books do you read a day?
>>
>>34824566
I started reading recently. Not into fiction that much. I'm reading National Geographic travel guides to different countries.Hoping one day I can visit all these places and utilize what I learned.
>>
>>34824607
You know how you make it happen? With a steady career.
>>
There's a reason all the NEET threads have more replies right now.
>>
Bump a cumm.
>>
I can't be arsed to read because it's such a waste of time and not at all stimulating like watching TV or a movie.

It's much better for me to pick an audio book and listen to it while doing some chores or whatever.

How do you fucks read for hours at a time (and same goes for movies and what not)?

atleast with vidya I have to use more senses, causing me to at least be more involved and stimulated. I can't do fucking chores while playing video games.
>>
>>34825047
Both are good. I feel like with reading, though, I stay focused more. I do audiobooks when I'm lazy, but I never get nearly as much out of them.
>>
File: GHOST.jpg (94KB, 716x1108px) Image search: [Google]
GHOST.jpg
94KB, 716x1108px
I deliver pizza and sell drugs on the side
I don't make as much as i should because the weekends are the only good day to make money on pizza and Im not normie enough to be selling drugs real fast
Im alright with what im doing however I want to move on to better things but I have no clue what Id want to do
I have no direction or purpose and it feels like im wasting my youth trying to figure this shit out
>>
>>34825287
I can finish audiobooks much more than reading books or watching tv just because I'm not beating myself over it being a total waste of fucking time.

In that regards I feel I get much more from the audiobook.

There's no time in society to read books or watch movies anymore
>>
>>34824566
Want to be a movie director.

I'm doing pretty well for only being 19
>>
>>34825346
I want to be an actor. Trying to move to Los Angeles this spring.
>>
>>34825345
so you don't care about history? or politics? or economics? or philosophy? or linguistics? or biology?
>>
>>34825399
reading articles on the internet is relativity short and painless. Anything more I can just put on the audio book in my car or whatever.

Also documentaries for some reason I can watch. So there's that. Dinner & Documentaries are a staple for me.
>>
>>34824566
purchase land and build a nice home in a rural area. Right now, tho, I'm just trying to become independent.

I mostly consume textbooks, which are slow to read.
>>
>>34824566
>What are your career goals? How many books do you read a day?

I want to be an engineer
pretty likely since I am in engineering school desu

I read 0 books a day, what kind of loser reads books lmao?
>>
>>34825346
>>34825379
I want to be a writer, hopefully have my own TV show one day

Thinking about moving to either LA or Chicago soon. I have a business school degree so money shouldn't be too much of an issue
>>
When I worked as a security guard I read a book a night most nights.
>>
>>34825315
Think about STEM, not as a meme, but try to get legitimately interested in it. Is there any field you can think of you might like to get into?
>>
Earn enough capital so i don't have to be a wagecuck

>a day
I read, but not a book a day
>>
>>34825345
Everything is a waste of time. Stop this maymay
>>
>>34825527
Sounds cool, man. I'm currently trying to pitch my cartoon to major networks.
>>
>>34824566
that guy is a meme

sure all his fortune is from his parents
>>
>>34825620
You haven't watched his videos, have you?
>>
>>34825644
KNOWLEDGE
was not original.
>>
>>34825685
So, no, you haven't.
>>
>>34825555
I thought about something tech related
Im pretty alright with math and computers but I always found it to be one of the more boring subjects in school
I really liked history and geography in HS but those are stupid to search for a good career in these fields
Im going to assume you went the STEM path
howd you get into it? It all seems really interesting however im not sure I could get 100% into it
>>
>>34825644
I actually has watch some of them, showing his cars, his house, his gf... boring

but what has he done?
>>
I would like to be a novelist, and live off my works.

Every so often, I begin a story, write about three chapters, then get self-conscious, suffer a panic attack, and delete everything in a frenzy.

So I guess I'll be a software developer for the rest of my life.
>>
>>34825724
He sells entrepreneurial motivation books or some shit.
>>
>>34824566
I don't know. Maybe HVAC I just want something that'll give me a steady income while allowing me to save up for a tiny-house that I plan on having before I'm 30 so i have 7.33 years left.
>>
>>34825580
living in shit and not getting any of my responsibilities done is a waste of time.
>>
>>34825704
im not the one you replied
but its obvious that you're shitposting
>>
>>34825757
so he doesn't do anything real, only speaking about how to become rich and all of that

and there are enough stupid people that thinks that reading a book like that you can become rich...
>>
>>34825716
I actually went the artsy fartsy route. I'm this guy >>34825606

I recommend STEM because if you don't have an established niche, it's a great place to be. Plus, there are so many different things you could go into: geology, astronomy, architecture, robotics, political statistics, etc. If you go into STEM, not only will you never have to think about selling drugs again, but you won't be surrounded by normies or lowlifes. I'm sure there's a field somewhere in there that you could fall in love with.
>>
>>34825757
He's an investor you double faggot.
>>
>>34825872
>The_Loud_House

anon go back to /trash/
>>
>>34825813
You must be rolling in the dough to offer such professional advice. I'd much rather listen to you than a self-made millionaire.
>>
>>34825894
>self-made
yeah keep believing that kid
>>
>>34825927
Prove me wrong. I'm willing to hear any evidence you have that says otherwise.
>>
>>34824566
it's about the
KNAWLEDGE
>>
>>34824566
I wanna go from sales manager to actuary
>>
>>34824566
I want to one day have the power and influence to make world changing decisions. I plan on doing this by using knowledge of mathematics and neuroscience to become an investor in big companies and make them do what I want
>>
>>34825345
But there's time to waste on fucking /R9K/?
>>
>>34825841
How would one be able to explore STEM and find something I like? I really love art however id never make as a artist
i didnt really have any family to help me figure this stuff out
>>
>>34824566
None.
None, besides my textbook.
>>
I'm third year EE with great grades so far but I don't really see myself ever having a career.
In order to make it as an engineer in my country you have to go well above what I've done so far and I just don't see myself doing it.
Honestly I just want to make pottery or wooden furniture but I'm too cowardly to make that decision.
>>
>>34824566
To own a small business. I'm well on my way there. I am currently employed in my field and applying to my professional body for membership, which I'm looking forward to completely someone next year.

I read zero books per day.
>>
>>34824566
Stay in the military for 20 years get my pension then get a bsn because it's the one of the best 4 year degrees that pretty much guarantees you a job wherever you want. I don't read books.
>>
>>34828025
>get a bsn

a what?
>>
>>34828396
A bachelor's in nursing.
>>
>>34828550
So it's actually a good degree huh
>>
>>34825724
>>34825757
He made his money from dating websites.
>>
>>34828578
Financially speaking It Isn't a top tier bachelor's degree but it is definitely high tier you're not making chump change. And as I said anywhere that has a hospital you can find a job. Not sure how picky they are about applicants but I have millitary references so I'm not worried about that.
>>
File: 1470202550534.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470202550534.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
bumpskiii
>not an original comment
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.