[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody else deeply worried about just how weak the human

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is anybody else deeply worried about just how weak the human body really is? I mean, our teeth are fragile and brittle, out bones break easily, we have fingernails instead of claws, we have virtually no effective physical defense mechanisms (can't roll up into a hard ball or whatever), etc etc... Without tools, we're basically harmless.

I mean, compare the human body to a dog's. Even if you got swole af, the worst you could do is punch or kick the dog and that's about as much harm you could do to it without tools. A dog, however, could completely destroy you if it had half a mind to do so. They have huge claws and sharp teeth accompanied by VERY strong jaws...they could kill you on a whim if they wanted. I know human beings are substantially more intelligent than literally every other living thing on the planet and that's how we've not only survived but thrived on this planet, but I'm just tired of constantly being hyper-aware of having a laughably weak body.
>>
Didn't used to be.
Then both of my hands were permanently crippled working at an entry level food service job.
>>
>>34824290
I wasn't worried until I read this.
>>
>>34824290
The fuck? I could choke a dog to death or rip it's jaws apart. With some training I could run after a deer until it dies of exhaustion.
>>
>>34824290
Our brain IS what protects us. The wolf could have killed man, but we bothered to domesticate it. What you're doing is comparing a lion and eagle while saying "but without the eagle's ability to fly".
>>
>>34824460
>I could choke a dog to death
Yes, but that's using your brain. Most animals don't think to choke. Drown, sure, but I'm talking about using sheer brute force and true will.
> or rip it's jaws apart.
You literally cannot do this no matter how strong you think you are. A dog's jaws -- especially a pit bull's -- are incredibly strong. Stronger than you could 'rip apart' or even attempt to.
>>
>>34824465
Huh. I guess you're right, but it's still a little unsettling having a body that seems designed to be as fragile as possible. It's like having the fastest, most powerful car in the world except it doesn't have a protective shell.
>>
You are severely underestimating how strong our bodies are. Sure, our ways of killing are adapted to tools, but you must realize that our ancestors could construct a spear out within MINUTES to take down whatever it needed to take down. So, the problem here really is that you aren't living up to your evolved potential.
>>
File: 1483723472.jpg (65KB, 664x960px)
1483723472.jpg
65KB, 664x960px
>>34824290
>go to the gym
>problem solved
>>
>>34824532
Average dog has bite force of 200 pounds. Pretty sure that with all my combined upper body strength I could negate that. As a matter of fact, I did it to some scrawny terrier fuck once. And back then I was a lanklet.

Other than that I could poke its eyes out or get on top and beat it beyond head concussion.
>>
>>34824749
Lmao gym muscles are the biggest meme of all time.
>>
You're severely underestimating human strength. Do you know how ancient humans used to hunt before we started using tools?

They ran. They didn't run to catch our prey, they just chased their prey infinitely until their prey eventually died of exhaustion. We used to literally run our prey to death.

In fact, we can still do this if we really wanted to. Human legs are designed for long running. We're the best runners in the world; not the fastest or most agile, but we can run for ridiculously long amounts of time without getting tired or even collapsing. The only problem is that most people aren't raised to do this anymore, so we get out of shape. But if we trained our whole lives to live a lifestyle adapted to running rather than shopping, we could easily run almost any animal we wanted to death, even now.

So our "thing" isn't brute strength, protective shells, ability to camouflage or agility, but rather our ability to run for obscenely long amounts of time without getting tired. This is why "runner's high" is a thing.
>>
>>34824813
Don't ignore cardio, gymcels. Outside, not on a fucking treadmill.
>>
>>34824683
This.
Also you're underestimating how hard an actually fit person can kick/punch. Dogs are also incredibly shit hunters own their own, that's why they hunt in packs. It seems like your own insecurities are leaking through this post. I don't know where the "our teeth are brittle and our bones are weak" came from too. Neither of those things are true.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450813026211.jpg (55KB, 517x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450813026211.jpg
55KB, 517x720px
>>34824532
Not everyone is a weak fat faggot like you. Its easy to kill animals with your hands once you lift some weights and get your bones hardened by running and taking some punches or like the japs and chink masters punched wood and rocks. Your weak, not like the rest of us. I could rip the flesh off your face if I wanted. I could punch your skull in through your temple. I could stomp your bones broken.
>>
>>34824813
This is true. Our bodies were basically designed for running extreme distances without stopping. An octopus can change its shape, a dog can lock its jaw, our "thing" is running.
>>
Fact: Humans can outrun horses. Not in speed, but in distance.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.