[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here who's going or has gone to therapists or doctors

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1479680934119.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1479680934119.png
29KB, 741x568px
Anyone here who's going or has gone to therapists or doctors with their depression? Did it work? I'm considering doing it
>>
I've went two times to the pshycologist and I've to say that maybe it helped me in some way but the therapy was stupid and it cost 50 euros per session so it's fucking expensive and it only works if you want to.
>>
File: 1411343692407.jpg (36KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1411343692407.jpg
36KB, 500x299px
>>34819884
yeah, I've been going for like 2 months. This board is now shittier in my eyes, and I'm hanging out again with some of the old friends I used to have. I don't feel like there are many hopes for my future, but at least I don't loathe myself as much anymore
>>
>>34819884
I went to a bunch, literally, I could break down each one if you want, and it didn't help.

I think for me it's because they were:
1. Through my uni's counseling service so sessions were 2-3 weeks apart - not enough time to really accomplish anything; and:

2. None of them followed a framework of any kind. It was basically talk for an hour and leave, no homework, no general idea of therapy direction (CBT being the main one). They tried so hard to make it "safe" and "comfortable" that I was never challenged enough to accomplish anything.
>>
>>34819884
Went to a psychologist once. She said I'm not a "bad" person, I can recognize others' emotions just fine, but I apparently won't stop myself from sperging.
>>
>>34819943
I could probably get it for free in my country I think

>>34820048
That sucks. I'm considering going through my uni as well, hopefully they'll be better
>>
Never worked. They just act like they're listening and then prescribe you pills. Female ones are the devil, though. I nearly got sent of to the loony bin when I was 13 because the old hag considered me "unruly" and "disturbed" because I didn't want to go to school because of all the bullying.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.