[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favourite Beatles album?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

Favourite Beatles album?
>>
>>34816359
I don't like 'The Beatles'
>>
>>34816359
Dark Side of the Moon
>>
>>34816359

Sgt. Pepper. I'm a bass player, and McCartney's playing and tone are phenomenal on Sgt. Pepper.
>>
T H E
H
E
>>
>>34816359
A Hard Day's Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG2evigIJIc
>>
Revolver

Original
>>
I like Sgt. Peppers, revolver and magical mystery tour. I can't really pick a favourite out of them.
>>
The one where they sing "I am the walrus do-do-dodo-dodoo".
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
For my top 8 (Favourite to least):
> Rubber Soul
> Sgt. Pepper's
> Revolver
>TMMT
>The Beatles
>Please Please Me
>Abbey Road
>A Hard Day's Night
>>
>>34816359
R E V O L V E R
E
V
O
L
V
E
R
>>
File: 2017-02-12 06.33.31.jpg (947KB, 1800x946px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-12 06.33.31.jpg
947KB, 1800x946px
Probably these two
T.vinylfag
>>
1. MMT
Holy crap, I would have been freaking out in the 60s. Too bad this didn't come out as an album right off the bat.
2. Revolver
Just cool, and damn, that last song would have blew my mind. Beatles invented genres with a single song. (By the way, "Strawberry Fields" was released as a single right after this- probably blew minds again and ppl thought the world was ending)
3. White Album
Only because of a few wicked cool songs. Otherwise, it has a lot of mediocre stuff on it. It doesn't come together as a coherent whole, just as the band was breaking apart and no longer had a clear vision of what they wanted to be. I wonder if things would have been different had Brian Epstein been alive. It was Beatles-suicide... even including a song that was just about themselves as a band. Pretty lame. One reviewer called the album a "terrible bore".
4. Sgt Pepper
Maybe I rank this lower because of the over-hype. Yes, it came at the perfect time in the 1967 "Summer of Love", and was perfectly shocking and groundbreaking (with the best album cover of all time). But honestly, I just don't get into it that much. The opening and closing theme is pretty lame imo. Best song- "Within you, without you"- must have been so refreshing to hear a song that took time to breathe. Also, Lucy and Mr Kite are rare instances of John painting fantasy pictures (outside of his books). Mr Kite was the first time the Beatles actually sounded a bit sinister and scary.
5. Rain / Paperback Writer single album
Awesome songs, first Beatles songs that were both not romance-centric, first Beatles music videos... came out just before Revolver.
6. Let It Be
I don't listen much, but it has a number of good songs.

And, aside from a smattering of other good songs here and there, I really don't care about the rest. The early Beatles albums were good, but as John said, those kind of songs were just "wallpaper".

(And Abbey Road is just the worst! Only song I like is "Come Together")
>>
>>34816359
The beatles are fucking gay
>>
>>34817240
( - Oh, and "Maxwell's Silver Hammer". That song kicks ass! The other Beatles resented Paul taking so much time on it, but it was awesome! Thanks Paul, haha... )
>>
>>34817294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szwGL3rSV8U
>>
>>34817404
the beatles were furries
>>
File: rattles.jpg (423KB, 952x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rattles.jpg
423KB, 952x1200px
>>34817424
(oregano sauce cheese pizza)
>>
File: rattles2.jpg (412KB, 936x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rattles2.jpg
412KB, 936x1200px
>>34817424
(derp derp derp thx moot for making this gay again)
>>
[[ Bumpin' 4 teh plebs ]]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwmcmg-ahg
>>
>>34816359
Revolver. Been ages since I listened to the Beatles though
>>
File: 1484591179972.jpg (6KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
1484591179972.jpg
6KB, 191x264px
>>34817240
>Awesome songs, first Beatles songs that were both not romance-centric, first Beatles music videos... came out just before Revolver.

What about Nowhere Man from Rubber Soul?
>>
>>34819299
Ah, you got me there! Yeah, I think you're right...

(I mean, some of the other songs are also ambiguous, but it's still as if they're talking to a girl...)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.