[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quotes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1262.jpg (76KB, 433x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
76KB, 433x304px
Got any quotes you like to think about?
>>
File: quote1.png (29KB, 526x281px) Image search: [Google]
quote1.png
29KB, 526x281px
>>34813629

A few catch my interest
>>
>>34813629
The reason that quote is stupid is because I could say that about all human thought, love isn't just lust or a specific mood in the brain, it's a complex web, an experience that will be different for everyone.
>>
File: 1428836020095.gif (20KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1428836020095.gif
20KB, 100x100px
>>34813629
>That pic
#agitated
>>
>>34813681
>just look at that fly, struggling to get out of the web, still unaware its stuck.
>>
>>34813705
Is this supposed to be a retort? You haven't addressed my point.
>>
>Love is a beautiful, most intense feeling that lasts for a startling short period of time. Before long it gets in the way of the more important things in life, like going to sleep or being left alone.

Morel Orel was redpilled as fuck.
>>
>>34813741
No, I just quoted myself
>>
>>34813763
Now I'm originally lost in the woods.
>>
>>34813629
this is why rick and morty is a show for faggots

infatuation has little to do with love
>>
File: IMG_1263.png (167KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.png
167KB, 500x664px
This show had its moments
>>
File: 6asf8ae15.png (8KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
6asf8ae15.png
8KB, 362x358px
>>34813629
>mfw normies spout ricky and morty quotes as if they were really profound
>>
>>34813666
Ligotti confirmed hell-ideologian.
>>
>>34813629
This site got stupid you could tell they ran out of ideas near end as Rick says that then dates an alien hivemind a few episodes later.
>>
>>34813629
>Some are stupid, some are without willpower, and some are unfortunate victims. Every species on every world has all three. But you can't have a strong society if you pander to the unintelligent, the willing weak, and the unlucky. The universe does not reward compassion, only survival and success.

Read that once. Stuck with me every since.
>>
>>34814012
I l-i-k-e-d it
>>
File: 1486022040049.png (548KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1486022040049.png
548KB, 500x628px
>it's all just chemicals man you gotta rise above

Those people should embrace the pointlessness and just kill themselves.
>>
>>34813629

How did you manage to compress the entirety of reddit into a single image file?
>>
>>34814432
that's the point, rick isn't infallible and he has emotions, he just doesn't like them, like how he shows up drunk when unity is with the beta hivemind or when he cries after flashing back to a kid morty
>>
>>34813629
I hope you realize that quote is a joke.

It is right? The show knows it's being stupid right?

Eh fuck it. I don't care either way. It makes me laugh and I just assume they're being depressive to score funny points.
>>
>>34814942
No shit the quote is a joke, the entire point of Rick's character is he says horrific things because he's horrifically desensitized and with PTSD. He literally can barely process the death of a loved one as an emotional event because he can always click a button and reset everything in a new timeline
>>
>>34814964
No imean his whole character. Like all the depressing montages I laughed at assumijg the show knew how silly it was being.
>>
>"the ass is for a man; the same as the vagina is for a woman."

M. Bay
>>
>>34814996
I think yes and no. It would genuinely mind fuck me if I had eliminated my entire family and universe multple times, only to timeline switch to a new one. I think that comes across well in the rick potion episode and a few others.

The show is a joke first and foremost, but does what Bojack Horseman does, which I'm a fan of -- and that's to take extremely serious subject matter, but then deal with it through a ridiculous and cartoonish plotline and with ridiculous and either satirical (to make a point) characters or simple caricatures and parodies.

Bojack does this well with depression, addiction and suicide, while Rick and Morty touch on this a bit with depression, suicide, and certain domestic issues.

Same shit Simpsons made popular, but then abandoned as they opted for more zany, joke-centered sttuctures like Family Guy in lieu of character and plot driven structures like early South Park, early Simpsons or Bojack and Rick currently.
>>
>>34814997
Michael Bay for real said that? Transformers is deep as fuck dude.
>>
>>34813971

You think a show is for faggots because you get triggered and take a joke meant to paint Rick as a bitter and short-sighted character as untrue? lol

You're a faggot brah, and not for disliking the show, but for being such a huge faggot
>>
>>34813629
>Something being chemicals in your brain makes it any less real
This is illogical, and therefor is un scientific.
>>
File: 1486878517246.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486878517246.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
"Get a life you fucking faggot" Mt father.
>>
>>34815070
Humans can't comprehend an infinite multiverse.

I mean we can't even imagine an infinite universe.

Idea time.

If the universe is infinite then every quantum possibility is exhausted. This means that if you were to drive in a magical faster than light pt cruiser you would eventually come upon another earth in a solar system exactly like ours. If you did this forever you would hit infinite earths.

On one of them you are out with your wife getting christmas presents for the kids. On another one your beating your wife to death simply because something broke in your head and you felt like hitting her as hard as you could. Things can get much more violent and personal, but also happier.

But all those people are alive, conscious, and matter. That means that if someone you loved and spent your whole life with died, the you could just keep going until you found an Earth where they were alive and well. If you found one earth immortality was discovered you could use that to travel forever. You could have a harem of your oneitis. Go crazy, indulge every sick fantasy in your brain because there are infinite people waiting to be used for your amusement.

Eventually, though, it wouldn't matter. You would lose yourself knowing that everyone you ever cared about, and even yourself, is unique and not unique simultaneously.
>>
>>34813971
>Th-that's not what love is about!
Jeeze, it's like I'm a teenager on MySpace all over again.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.