[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valentines Day /r9k/ stories

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12

File: 083.png (186KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
083.png
186KB, 500x375px
>10 year old me
>at school, Valentines Day
>got along with everyone , considered every other guy a friend, was a happy, normal child
>for this day, teacher makes us do this little carboard boxes for other students to drop friendship and "love" letters with with each other
>spend the evening before doing that box with the help of my mom, adding silly drawings and all kinds of colors
>next day, get to school and paste the box in my table
>recess comes, and I go out and play and have lunch
>kids were supposed to drop their letters at this hour, so I pretend to go to the bathroom to make some more time for my friends to drop their letters in my box
>get to the classroom, excited
>everyone is already there, reading their letters and talking to each other
>go to my seat without looking
>raise my box, feels kind of light
>turn it around on my table
>two letters fall down
>one is a generic note that the teacher left to all of us
>the other one was from my mom telling me she loves me
>check inside my box
>lint and air
>put my mom's letter in my pocket and blankly stare at my table
>my """friends""" are talking to each other, as is the whole class, oblivious of me even being there
>silently let tears roll down my face

No one actually noticed. I got up and went to the bathroom for real this time, and spent there an hour crying. It fucked me up and this experience contributed to me growing up hating people and realizing that I am completely replaceable and insignificant to others.
>>
One valentine I ate a bunch of cheese cake and watched texas chainsaw 2.
>>
File: 1466311804811.png (879KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466311804811.png
879KB, 1080x1080px
>be angsty dude in my mid 20s
>Feb 14
>park 200 feet away from entrance to Hallmark store at 5 pm
>sit and stare at the soulless men marking inside for two hours
>make up stories, imagining what the life of each one is like
>hate the world even more, but feel kinda good too
>>
I don't understand why you guys torture yourselves. Valentines Day has always been a forgettable day for me.
>>
>>34813231

it has been the same for me (OP) too, but that shit just happened on valentines day and played a part in making me who I am today
>>
File: jim.webm (412KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
jim.webm
412KB, 300x169px
>be me
>like 17-18 year old
>sitting in the basement alone on valentines day playing some vidya
>suddenly the doorbell rings
>I hear no one moving upstairs so I go to answer it
>There's no one at the door
>maybe they left? no I got to the door pretty quick.
>hmmm... ding dong ditch? nah it's the middle of the day
>look down.
>there's a heart shaped cake with a little card on it sitting on my porch.
>Heart leaps, holy shit could this be my first valentine?
>nervously look around, still don't see anybody.
>Mom asks who was at the door, nervously say "Idk, there was nobody there."
>Pick up the cake and go downstairs, heart pounding.
>Set the cake down, open the card.
>Happy valentines day. Love, Mom.
>>
why is valentines day so important when you don't have a significant other? wouldn't it just be another day? I don't understand why so many people take it so seriously
>>
>>34813484

because (((they))) cruely remind us of what we're missing out on
>>
>>34813421
at least your mom cares about you anon.
Mine hated me since the day I was born, I'd kill to be wanted by my own mother.
>>
>>34813499
what are we missing out on again?
>>
>>34813484
it's literally international "have a date" day.
Doesn't have to be a gf/bf.
Just a date.
It's like the prom. Literally no one wants to dress up in a monkey suit/ expensive dress and go dance to shitty music in front of their classmates.
It's about projecting normalcy and the ability to function to others and yourself.
Failing to meet these basic standards sets off warning bells in your head, as well as other peoples heads about you.
It's an important social goalpost.
>>
>>34813515
mums are overrated, at least you had your dad
>>
>>34813537

very well put
I hate normies so fucking much
>>
>>34813537
I see where your coming from, never thought of it like that - you make an awfully big deal over a small date day
>>
File: 1486887076853s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1486887076853s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
Oh yeah its valentine's day, I didn't notice out of not giving a fuck.
>>
>>34813537
No one gives a fuck about Valentines day or what you do on it, nerd
>>
>>34813585
wait, its valentines day
>>
>>34813166
I think I'll do exactly this for this valentine's day
>>
Why are you losers all sad? I love getting chocolates from mommy on V day.
>>
>>34813712
you like getting dick from her too, little boy?
>>
>>34813155
>Live day normally
>See a few people exchange cards for some reason
>Why is there heart and pink stuff in sale in the shops?
>Later on hear it's something called a valentines day
>Apparently this is a thing
>I never knew until 15 years old and asked my mom
>I did not even know this day existed
>other people did

Well I do live in bumfuck europe where they don't make anything official happen in school because of it like making cards for each other and so on
>>
>>34813780
makes you wonder what other things your parents left you in the dark on.
>>
File: 1467841973164.jpg (37KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1467841973164.jpg
37KB, 400x388px
>tfw had to google when Valentine's day was
>>
>>34813421
Still better than me. My mother didn't give a damn about me.
>>
File: image_29-1.png (40KB, 145x154px) Image search: [Google]
image_29-1.png
40KB, 145x154px
>tfw you will always associate Valentine's Day with the day your short story got published
>tfw the only feelings it stirs up are those of joy, pride, and accomplishment
You need to supersede the day, lads.
>>
>>34813852
so what your mother hates you? i bet you 90 percent of everyone here is despised by either one or both of their parents
>>
Never really gave a shit about Valentine day so I don't have any big stories. Although my HS always had this thing where you could buy roses for each other and add some text on it. Obviously I never got any while Chad got like 4-5
>>
>>34813848
Me too. And its in 2 days. Wtf is everyone talking about?
>>
File: 1465153289823.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465153289823.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>highshool so was probably 15-16 at the time
>checking locker after class
>notice a nicely wrapped little box inside
>heart races holy fucking shit it must be a valentine gift from a girl
>close the locker and think i must be dreaming
>don't want to take it out someone might see
>leave because next class is coming intending to open the box afterwards
>afternoon comes and get excited
>open locker to discover the box is gone
Pretty sure it was locked the entire time. School was doing some kind of secret gift service where you could buy someone a valentine gift and have it delivered to their locker. The one I found was probably meant for someone else but got in mine by mistake. I guess they went back to correct it. I wish I had opened it...
>>
>>34813937
despised is a strong word.
Extremely disappointed fits better.
>>
File: 20161214-000.jpg (26KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
20161214-000.jpg
26KB, 512x341px
Oh yeah! That day. The day where everything shames you for not being loved by anyone and you want to kill yourself even more. It's okay.
>>
>>34813937
The point being you should be glad for what you have.
>>
>>34813973
I remember everyone hated those. One guy got one from this really ugly autistic chick and he freaked out in economics class. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>34813155
Holy shit you were real life Ralph Wiggum. Im so sorry anon
>>
File: 1427596040615.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427596040615.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
>in highschool
>probably around 14 - 15 years old
>it's valentines day
>we have a big rose garden on the school
>at lunch the teachers stand by the rose garden and give students secateurs to cut some roses
>people cut the roses and and trim the thorns off and give to people wear on their ears or put it in the button hole of their shirt
>everyone walking around wearing their roses
>be in class
>girl taps me on shoulder from behind
>"here take this rose anon"
>goes to hand it to me
>pulls it away as I go to grab it
>everyone who saw laughs at me
>be lonely faggot for the rest of the day
>still a lonely faggot
>>
>>34814210
That's legitimately fucked man. I was the butt of every joke elementary through middle school.

>4th grade Valentine's day
>make special note for girl I like saying "Stacy, my love"
>thought it would be romantic
>she has twin sister in class
>give it to her by accident
>realizing this, I take it back and give it to the correct sister, fumbling it in my hands
>run away in fear
>teacher tells at me for running
>nothing happened

Flash forward to 8th grade

>severely depressed and lonely, only had two real friends (still friends today) who cared
>in a special math class for advanced students
>constantly made fun of by students dumber than me (friend was smart btw)
>stacies in class talking about old times
>they remember the Valentine
>start laughing uncontrollably

Teacher was a bro and felt for me, got them to stop. I feel like, deep down, he understood. Still need to visit him some time.
>>
>>34814300
Bumping this thread for more feels btw
>>
>>34814300
>teacher tells at me for running
>nothing happened
That's far better than delivering it and getting mocked.
>>
>>34814310
Am I the only one here now? Standing lonely vigil for feelers to come and go? Who knows. Perhaps that is our role in the universe, to stand vigil and pass the torch of the cosmos to the next intelligent race. Maybe we will never meet, maybe they'll come tomorrow. In the end, maybe we're waiting for the torch, and the torchbearer is holding out on humanity while we settle our petty squabbles. In the end, we here may never know.
>>
>>34814300
First one isn't too bad anon, just sounds like some cute/cringe shit that all young kids do
>>
>>34814345
I did get mocked

Just four years later, and probably behind my back too
>>
>>34813155
Some jealous subhuman may have stolen yours just to spite you.
Just a theory
>>
I'll never understand why americans have that valentines card thing at school, like thats just cold
>>
>>34813865
Fuck off Ellen, go lick a twat
>>
>>34814412
Contrary to OP's story, when I was in school, everyone was forced to give it to everyone else. You couldn't exclude anybody.
>>
>>34814423
Same here. That didn't stop anyone being made fun of though. Ha ha ha.
>>
>>34814423
well thats just even shittier when one of the little cunts dont get one

>>34814442
kids can be fuckin ruthless mate
>>
>>34814412
I went to 3 different elementary schools in 3 different states; one in Boston, Mass, one in Cedar Rapids, IA, and one in Wichita, KS.

All 3 schools mandated that everyone give a card to everyone else.
>>
>>34814567
mate, thats just fucking shit - why would kids even need to do that, at my elementary school my principal had to come and give our whole school a speech about how we weren't old enough to 'love' each other because you know there was always the odd bf or gf here or there
>>
>>34814598
>principal had to come and give our whole school a speech about how we weren't old enough to 'love' each other

I wish we had this. There were just enough stupid "relationships" popping up in elementary that it made me anxious like Id had better get in one too
>>
>>34814598
It wasn't about love. It was just an excuse for everyone to give candy to everyone else.

Of course, back when I was in school, only girls felt "love" towards the opposite sex before 7th or 8th grade.
>>
>>34814567
Yeah, every elementary school either makes people give them to each other, or doesn't celebrate it. At that age I never got bothered about Valentine's day once.

It was still very painful in high school for me though. I remember being 100% sure even before I went to check that I hadn't received any cards. It didn't help when a Stacey said "I'm so glad everyone here received a note" when I was in the room. Normies don't care about robots, and they don't understand what it's like to not even receive so much as a message on Valentine's day, and for this to happen every Valentine's day.
>>
>>34814643
oh the anxiety was still there it was just a little dimmed. i mean ur teacher would still tell you to do ur homework but theres always that one kid at recess scribbling down crap from their mates book

>>34814648
ah see my school wouldnt dare fucking let candy in, too many kids with allergies, we had 'healthier' options which was just fucking cut up fruit for whoever answered the most questions during class
>>
>>34814727
>just fucking cut up fruit for whoever answered the most questions during class

actually sounds pretty dope to me imo
>>
>>34814726
I never had a gf in highschool, either. No biggie. Found the woman who would be my wife after HS and college. Totally worth the wait.
>>
>>34814755
>Found the woman who would be my wife after HS and college.

Fuck you get off this board
>>
>>34814779
I'm happy staying here while at work, thanks.
>>
>>34814810
yeah but your fucking bragging isnt making anyone else happy. fuck your passive aggressive thanks and your used goods wife
>>
>>34814810
has a fucking wife, went to HS and College and a steady job. What the fuck are you doing here?
>>
>>34814824
>used goods
What makes you think she's used goods.

>>34814833
Never graduated college. Dropped out. Used to be a lot like you guys, actually. Anyways, I try and help people who are trying to better their life. As someone who used to be a guy who had trouble making eye contact with anyone, and who had a voice that couldn't help but tremble when talking to girls, even Indian ones at the other end of the phone, I like to think I have some wisdom for people who want help.
>>
>>34814862
>I like to think I have some wisdom for people who want help
Go on
>>
>>34814824
>>34814833
You should be happy your fellow robot made it.
>>
In finland valentines day is not really a thing and we literally call it "friends day". We more or less only celebrate platonic friendships and stuff like that, but for most parts it is a normal day.
>>
>>34814881
What kind of advice do you want? I can tell you how to survive homelessness, a good job to try and get if you're not graduating college, how to overcome social awkwardness, or any number of other things.

Tell me a problem, and how you hope it gets resolved, and I'll do my best.
>>
>>34814862
>Used to be a lot like you guys, actually
i could be a good fucking speaker matey, ye never know but let me hear some of this wisdom you have for people that you want to better their life with.
>>
>>34814909
Sorry for the length

I suppose a good job to try without college and social awkwardness. Also any revelations you've made in regards to self discipline.

An overall framework for your mindstate and resources you've used to break out of robot dom too
>>
>>34813848
I literally just did this 30 seconds ago.
>>
>>34814300
>only had two real friends (still friends today)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING GET OUT FUCKING NORMALFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
>>
>>34814929
>I suppose a good job to try without college
I recommend a trade. I went the electrician route. So long as you can follow orders and say, "I did it," or, "I have a problem," you'll be good for your first two years, and you're always dealing with other men (I have yet to meet a female electrician).

>social awkwardness
Baptism by fire. I rented a shit ton of Rom Coms, and studied the fuck out of them. Men generally don't find them cringeworthy, just boring, and women find them charming. Watched countless numbers of the most mundane shit ever, and practiced nonstop in private.

Took it to public, and failed. Hard. But I forced myself to keep at it, and I got a little better every time.

For a good example of what I'm talking about, focus on the Meet Joe Black coffee shop scene. Brad Pitt is good looking, yes, but his life is falling apart in that scene, and yet he still comes of as charming just through his conversation.

>Also any revelations you've made in regards to self discipline
The day you give yourself an excuse to stop, you've started down a slippery slope. This doesn't mean you can't miss a day of work or stop practicing your skills chatting someone up (female or no) if you're throwing up blood or something. By all means. But you had really be to the point where you physically can't, because it is that much harder to start again once you've given yourself a reason to stop.

Coming from someone who didn't attend a single class or speak to a single person his last semester of college.
>>
>>34814998
thanks anon, also congrats on making it
>>
>>34815098
Yup. I hope I helped. It's not going to get better until you MAKE it better. Determination and force of will can make up for natural aptitude.
>>
>>34815112
>Determination and force of will can make up for natural aptitude.

God I hope you're right. I think I have a few pieces in place but that lack of willpower and discipline kills me
>>
>>34813525
going to hallmark at 5pm with the boys
>>
>Coworker I have a crush on wants me to cover her on Valentines day so she can go dancing.
>I really wanted to ask he out but wanted to wait till after work so I kept telling her no.
>Ask her out after work and she says :"maybe"
>Get a text 4 days later asking I would still cover her.

I told her to fuck off.
>>
>>34815193
Asking if I would*
>>
>>34815177
You're gonna laugh, but the best cure to that is spending a winter homeless, living out of a car, surviving on ramen noodle packets and truck stop showers.

I still can't smell ramen noodles without dry heaving. I'm NEVER going back to that, and I will do anything and everything to keep that from happening.
>>
>>34815205
Have a less histrionic alternative to snapping out of bad ways?
>>
>>34815229
What's your biggest fear that won't actually put you in danger? What do you like to do more than anything? If you need to force yourself to get out of your comfort zone, use the carrot and the stick.

Don't let yourself eat desert, or jack off, or play video games, or whatever you like more than anything, until you do what you promised yourself you would. If you don't do it that day, you have to do whatever you fear most (so long as it isn't illegal) to make up for it. For example, if you fear having your body seen, you have to open up your shades and read in the nude in front of the window for an hour. Something like that.

Between the carrot and the avoidance of the stick, that should be enough.
>>
>>34813421
Literally started tearing up .
>>
File: 1485869687163.jpg (34KB, 568x457px) Image search: [Google]
1485869687163.jpg
34KB, 568x457px
>tfw your last name is Valentine
>>
>>34815439
Valentine's Day always makes me think of Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>34814862
ohh thank you for gracing us with your presence. This is a board to comiserate, not to be a fucking braggart. Fuck off somewhere else, you sound a little too be here.
>>
>>34815611
>This is a board to comiserate

what a bunch of fags
>>
>>34815631
You didn't know that coming in here? You're the fag, we all have acomplishments, but most of us dont need to brag about them in an anonymous image board. Go ride your high horse the fuck out of here normal slime
>>
>>34813644
I don't fucking know. Was too busy playing ESO (I like it for some reason) and watching YouTube.
>>
>be me
>February 13
>excited to spend Valentine's day with gf
>our first
>get almost no sleep thinking about it
>go to see her
>see she's making out with another guy
>drop rose and walk home

It's amazing how much rain can hide tears.
>>
>>34815755
That's next level man, I'm sorry
>>
>>34815755
Wow, that sounds straight from a sad movie. ;-; Hope this year is kind to you.
>>
>>34815763
Thanks man. I'd rather know immediately than have went through the entire relationship not knowing until it's too late
>>
>>34815768
Thanks anon.You too man.
>>
>>34815780
That's true mate, you'll find someone right soon enough.
>>
>>34813155
I genuinely love you OP, this shit physically hurts me, I hope you are doing well :(
>>
>>34813973
You had that too? Mine as well, I ended up getting three roses from my friends. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
why are anglos such chads? we don't have such shit here.
>>
>>34813484
Its the nobody likes you day
>>
>>34813484
>>34813537
It's not Valentine's Day that annoys me
It's the normies who go on like """woe is me :(((""" about not having a date that day even though they've had dates before and could easily get a date if they wanted to
It just puts my own actual helplessness in perspective
>>
>>34814423
That dosent work tho, you can't stop kids from realising they are being rejected
>>
>>34816031
Yeah but they at least attempt to stop it. Also his story doesn't really check out unless someone stole all his Valentine's. You were basically mandated to give to everyone.
>>
>>34814643
Yeah but I bet that years down the line it was the kids who got lots of support and affection that did well and the kids who were rejects then ate still rejects now
>>
>>34814862
I always hear about these guys that were totally like me but then got a job and a girlfriend and all that jazz
It reminds me of those before and after pictures on magic weight loss infomercials when they use two people who look nothing alike, I bet you are nothing but a normie who always got everything he wanted from life yet feels entitled to more
>>
>>34813155
Newsflash: 6th grade is not real life, and the relations you made with your friends in 6th grade are insignificant today.
Go back to your memory, and visualize your adult self next to your 10 year old self, comforting child-you. It is a method that I learned in therapy, that has helped me a lot to overcome traumatic disappointments from my own childhood.
>>
>>34813421
so did you fuck your mom?
>>
>>34816203
Haha
Sure you move on and make new friends and lose contact with the old ones
The memories from being constantly rejected tho, that doesn't go away. I had to pay kids to be my friends in school and I didn't even realize I was doing so until they told me and also told me to get lost
A life of loneliness doesn't start when you turn 21
>>
>tfw the last (and only) time I've had female companionship on Valentines day was 4 years ago
over time I'm getting more ok with this, but it still stings
>>
File: 1485918761250.jpg (107KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
1485918761250.jpg
107KB, 600x899px
>>34815204
>>34815193
You did good anon.

With this in mind, whats everyone's plans for Valentine's day? I'm gonna be alone myself, but I might just go out to a local view and have a few smokes and play some pool or something. No girls I find interest in right now that I would enjoy being with. Anyone I had interest in, I cut ties with and isn't the best.

No shame in loneliness robots, we'll all make it.
>>
>>34816352
I'll probably be in my room, watching the Eggy stream and getting wasted
>>
>>34816373
Better than nothing lad. As long as you dont mope around. That kills the man.
>>
>>34813585
But it isn't, it's 2 days from now
>>
>>34816352
i guess since its in two days i will have more money on me so probably binging on pizza and beer
>>
>don't have any Valentine stories.

Wew what a feel.
>>
>Europe life
>nobody cares about valentine's day in their childhood
>people buy shit in shops because they want to feel like it's a tradition
>girl I care about started ignoring me
>I didn't hear much from her, but friends told me stuff
>started ignoring her too
>everybody pretends their life is fucking amazing and valentine's day is good
>I'm gonna play vidya so I don't think about her
>>
File: Average code monkey.png (55KB, 571x553px) Image search: [Google]
Average code monkey.png
55KB, 571x553px
>>34814862
>Never graduated college.
>>
>>34816352
It's going to be like any other day i.e. post on /r9k/ and watch anime.
>>
>tfw have a guy online I RP with and shit
>Gonna be with him on Valentine's Day
First time I've ever been happy for it to come.
>>
>kid brings cookies to class for birthday
>teacher passes out cookies to everyone but me
>be afraid to point it out because fat
>sit and do nothing while other kids eat
>no one notices
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.