[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to convert to Judaism... but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Jew.jpg (101KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Jew.jpg
101KB, 800x533px
I'm gay. I tried exploring other religions but always came back to Judaism. I want to be a Modern Orthodox Jew and have a wife and family but I'll never be able to be happy with that.
>>
O.P, the troubles you have! Oy gevalt!

Good luck that you should find happiness.
>>
kek that must suck.
I'm pretty sure you have to marry in order to follow the Law?
Why not just follow a more lenient/easier religion like christianity?
I guess you would just be insulting/blaspheming God if you did though.
>>
>>34810942
No one who uses the internet talks like that.
>>34810982
You don't have to but you should. Marriage is a mitzvot, an act of devotion to G-d. I don't believe Christianity is true. I believe that the G-d of Abraham is the only (at least worth worshipping) god.
>>
File: 1409710021474.jpg (33KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
1409710021474.jpg
33KB, 600x489px
The god of the old testament is satan
Why do you think Jews are such evil people?
Why would a loving god have a 'chosen' people?
The king of jews David himself was descended from a non jew so im sure theyll let your faggot ass join their death cult
have fun in hell you cunt
>>
>>34811240
The God of the Old testament is the Father of the New Testament. He told humanity the rules. Gentiles have literally 7 rules but we fuck it up constantly. When we finally start worshiping him in significant numbers, its in perverse forms like the Pagan worship of a man, or corrupted by Zoroastrians and Arab pagans.
>>
Jews are haram and should be removed from our holy lands
>>
File: 1417195371964.jpg (24KB, 394x458px) Image search: [Google]
1417195371964.jpg
24KB, 394x458px
>>34811287
do you think it is strange that within a week of christ chasing you greedy kikes out of the temple you crucified him?
>>
>>34811302
Jews and muslims should get along better desu.
Jews and muslims both think that christians are blasphemous for worshipping Jesus, a man, as God yet somehow they fight over petty differences instead of the one link that brings them together.
>>
>>34811302
It's only yours because your "Prophet" stole the basis of the religion.
>>34811344
The Roman Gov't executed Christ, for basically rabble rousing, claiming to be King of the Jews.
>>34811351
I agree, they used to get along better before the Israeli Conflict
>>
>>34810698
Just have a wife and family anyway to see what it's like. So what if you aren't attracted to your wife? At least you have cute kids to raise.
>>
>>34811369
I've seriously thought about.
>>
>>34811367
You obviously haven't read the gospels
Pilate was subject to the will of the gold loving Jewish fucks that cried for christs execution
>>
>>34811469
Christ was sold out by Judas Iscariot for 20 silver peaces. I grew up raised by an irreligious father (family of insincere Jewish converts) and a devout protestant Mom. I've read all the Gospels.
>>
>>34811509
Did you miss the part where Pilate was reluctant to execute Christ but the Jewish horde called out for his crucifixion
Christ himself also called the Jewish population the synagogue of satan
Judas just told the Romans which of them called himself the son of god
>>
>>34811559
Jesus was a mad man who thought he was god. He was a heretic of the highest order. I don't think he deserved death, but it happened.
>>
>>34811590
imo he should have been stoned.
Hopefully it wasn't sinful for the jews of the time to hand jesus over to the romans instead of stoning him themselves though.
>>
>>34811590
A heretic that dared to believe that money changing had no place in a temple
That we are all gods children
He believed in poverty which is what really triggered you jews
Perhaps you will see the folly that is the synagogue of satan
Ever notice how jews will refuse to bow in worship
>>
>>34811681
What are you talking about? Jews bow a lot. Ever seen an Orthodox pray. They pray while bobbing up and down in repeated bows. I agree with that part of Jesus. If he was just a reformer I would agree fully with him. It may have been Paul twisting him into a god claiming mad man but he had some good things to say. I think he was a good man. But a heretic at least as portrayed in the Gospels.
>>
>>34811681
He wasn't just a heretic since he obviously held heretical views in interpreting the law but he was also a blasphemer for believing that he, a mere man, was God.
As for the other things you wrote, you realise that the Jews have always done things like that? God sent a messiah to the jews to correct their behaviour and remind them of the importance of following the law and he did this numerous times over thousands of years, yet suddenly jesus comes along and tells them that they shouldn't follow the law of God?
>>
Also in the old testament jacob, later named Israel himself cheats his own brother out of his father's blessing
The kikes have been a deceitful people since they erupted from the depths of hell
>>
>>34811807
Prophets aren't messiahs
>>
>>34811889
and Messiahs aren't necessarily prophets. Cyrus the Great of Persia is a messiah for ending the Babylonian exile
>>
>converting to judaism

why? judaism sucks ass and religion is a crock. good pick on modern ortho though, they have the best rabbis. but why do you want to convert? the only redeeming part about judaism is the sense of community (sometimes)
>>
>>34811137
>god of abraham
>somehow not the god of jesus
>implying not the god of all the other messengers

shiggy
>>
>>34812039
He is the same god, the teachings have become perverted. People started praying to a rock in a box and a man.
>>
>>34810698
I converted to Judaism myself - I live in Israel, did it in the military.
I don't think you'll be that happy, especially if you're gay.
Plus, they'll never truly accept you - as a convert, I mean. Especially not the orthodox ones.

I actually lived as a religious kike for a couple of years after the conversion.
The experience was nice and all, but the girls never gave me the looks.
I figured out that either I'll wait until I'm 30 and then pick from the ones who still haven't married and now are in a rush,
or simple go for the secular market where I already had previous successes.
Eventually I told these girls to shove it and went secular. That same night, I met my wife.
>>
File: 1417921013467.png (364KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1417921013467.png
364KB, 564x1086px
>>34812179
>converts who genuinely love God and his teachings are rejected by the jewish communities
>those that do it solely because they want to marry a jew are embraced in open arms
Did you learn to speak/read hebrew? That must feel terrible though.
>>
>>34812211
Actually, I came here from Russia when I was 4. So I caught up with Hebrew until I went to elementary school.

I don't feel terrible about it anymore. I'm happy with my wife and my path in life.
I don't think I'd be happier with my woman had I actually married a religious girl.
Also, now I'm going my own way spiritually. I believe modern orthodox Judaism is
completely corrupt so I have no regrets for leaving this lifestyle.
My 5 stages of grief are long past.
>>
>>34812299
>I believe modern orthodox Judaism is
completely corrupt
Why though? Compared to reformed and conservative, what's the problem with orthodox?
>>
>>34810698
If you're not ethnically Jewish, you will never fit in.
Forget about it, goy.
>>
>>34812398
You just have to see it to believe it.
You probably have this crap way less in America because of separation of state from religion.
But in Israel, the religious establishment is terrible. It's nothing more than a job and pension providing apparatus for relatives.
And they always get caught stealing, receiving bribery (bribing someone isn't actually prohibited in the Torah), etc...
Speaking of workers of G-d, heh...

I believe that a philosophy or a spiritual movement that people make money of, probably isn't the right path for enlightenment.
I could talk about it all day. They're full of shit.
And the little people as well. I don't see much YHWH influenced behavior in their pathetic lives.

Call me crazy, but I like to compare it with the late days of the 1st temple and all the corruption around it.
I totally feel related to the prophets who lived back then and told these facts as it is.
>>
>>34812577
Interesting.
what about the ultra orthodox?
But I could definitely see what you mean about the political situation in israel.
Is there much dissent within the orthodox community about this?
You're still religious though right? Or is hyphenating God's name just a habit?
>>
Yes you will...there is a vast sea, a literal mass of people who embrace the open end of diversity. People with unlimited interests who have more in common with each other than they really know. Aside from the 'closeted' individuals of the past who were married with children and actually loved their family but might have been unfulfilled sexually, which was a common thing since the advent of organized religion with it's messages of love, temperance and acceptance measured out with intolerable ostracization and moral isolation. The secretive nature and double life birthed by the righteously close minded, the judgemental two edged sword of theism. In this current day and age there are many women who would enjoy an open ended relationship with a strong family core. A joining of souls for a common goal built on the shaky foundation of love...finding such a person is the challenge but not impossible with the aid of technology and the internet...connecting the world via ethernet cables and WiFi. Good luck.
>>
File: 1486828247493.jpg (59KB, 414x479px) Image search: [Google]
1486828247493.jpg
59KB, 414x479px
>>34813414
Case in point.

Pic absolutely related.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.