[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Another Day Another Dollar/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16

File: 1484166867595.jpg (71KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484166867595.jpg
71KB, 480x360px
Why is finding a job so hard?

The system is so blatantly rigged that it's astounding.

Applying online for a wagecuck position like cashier/server/retail is extremely demeaning.
>>
If you can't find an entry level job, you're probably a HS dropout
>>
>>34808826
No I'm actually a uni student looking for something part-time.
>>
>>34808741

Look for different kinds of work. There's so much stuff other than retail out there.
>>
File: 1486344906574.png (190KB, 631x595px) Image search: [Google]
1486344906574.png
190KB, 631x595px
>>34808880
How do I do that?

If I go to an establishment with my resume they either tell me to go apply online or that they'll get back to me (which they don't).
>>
>>34808928

Look for jobs on Craigslist. Employers that post on there are much more likely to interact with you directly, rather than you just submitting your application online, likely to never be seen again
>>
>>34808993
>Craigslist

No thx. I'm not a dicksucking faggot like you.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 213x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 213x144px
>be 19
>Have literally zero self esteem
>Attempt to get job at mcd's
>Get rejected because "we don't think you would be good with our customers"
>Go to school
>My pimple headed friend tells me he got job at mcdicks
>mfw

What's a green text xD
>>
File: 1467764132967.jpg (75KB, 561x440px) Image search: [Google]
1467764132967.jpg
75KB, 561x440px
>no education outside of high school
>criminal record
>haven't had a regular job in about 6 years, can't count on them for a good reference
>not cute enough to just bat my eyes and get a job that way
>>
>>34809275
oh fuck rip you
>>
Drive around. Look at small businesses. Ask around. You can do it. But you shouldn't.
>>
>>34808741
>tfw literal wage slave

Im working the next 10 days with only one day off in between

Im so close to being able to afford a car though
>>
>>34810578
And then what, buy the car then pay for gas and be more dependent on money than ever before

It's a trap
>>
>>34808741
You have to lie about experience/skills to get a job that you can do but have no experience in. The best bullshitter wins the job hunt.
>>
>>34811053
don't know where you live but here (and on minimum wage) fuel is only like 5% of my income and if i quit work i wouldn't need to buy it anymore.
>>
>>34810432
I don't have a car but appreciate the tip.
>>
>>34811145
Sound advice. Will do.
>>
>>34809215
Continue to suffer in jobless limbo then you pathetic NEET faggot.
>>
>>34808741
>tfw job orientation this monday

so damn happy
took me 4 interviews until i finally landed a job in retail with no job experience.
>>
>>34811617
>took me 4 interviews until i finally landed a job in retail with no job experience

You're kidding me right?
>>
>>34811723
no why would i be lying?
>>
>>34811814
Didn't know it was so tough to land a gig in retail.

I assumed that they hired anyone with a pulse.
>>
Just get a job doing physical labor
>>
That's why I applied to work as an agricultural processing laborer. Ag laborers are universally respected. Well, except by all of those mixed-race, genderfluid sociology postdocs who scream racist epithets against the allegedly-racist rural people who feed them while burning the cars of the people they are trying to help.

Being a liberal academic from a rural area, I happen to like mixed-race, genderfluid sociology postdocs. I talked with such people all the time at university. None of these fine people would have had anything to do with these Antifa morons. Spoiled, rebellious city-folk who call themselves academics like to think that a string of "non sequitur," "appeal to emotion," "straw man," and "hasty generalization" fallacies constitutes an argument if you are loud and incoherent enough. But where I come from, we follow something called "manners," we solve problems with something called "logic," and we abide by something called "the law."

At any rate, I made a series of poor life choices and am starting back at square one. I have forgotten most of my university education anyway. Cleaning french fry production lines between runs should provide more steady work for me than when I cooked the fries in fast food. That, and I won't have to deal with the general public at work. This is nice when you feel embarrassed about your mistakes and don't want to be taking food orders from your successful college buddies in town.
>>
>>34812314
But I'm pretty skinny...
>>
>>34810432
>All the easy small business jobs are always taken and nobody wants to leave them
Just fuckin kill me familia. Im so tired of working for these corporate wagecuck jobs that have a million shitty rules that if you break you get fired on the spot.
>>
>be homeless
>have a shitty record of past minor offenses; public intoxication, urinating in pubilc, disturbing the peace, getting caught with my crack pipe but it was brand new and never used
>local cops and I are on first name basis
>got a job as a CNA

I agree with you, OP. The job system is kind of rigged. My friends who are graduates are having a hard time finding jobs and here I am trusted to feed, bath, wipe, and carry sick patients.
>>
File: IMG_0338.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0338.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>get an interview at walgreens
>freezing up for every interview question
>interviewer starts helping me answer questions because my shit is so fucked
>they give me the job
Just gotta get lucky I guess
>>
>>34812298
lol i know right?
even my parents laughed when I told them i had to go through 3 interviews (group interview, 1-1 interview and another 1-1 interview) in the same day just to get a job in retail selling clothes. fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>34808741
>Applying online
there is your problem. when someone tells you to apply online, they are basically saying "fuck off we're full".

my room mate tried to get a job for months applying online, then i told him to just go down in person and he got a job within a week.
>>
>>34808928
Apply at the slaughterhouse, morgue, Pet/Human Crematorium, Garbage dump, Delivery Driver
>>
>>34809275
you're going to be a future homeless person

enjoy your internet while you still have it.

it's going to be a rough life in a couple of years for you.
>>
>>34809215
Craigslist is great for jobs.

I think you're just retarded and think Craigslist is for prostitutes. Those make up like 2% of Craigslist. It's mainly a site for selling shit.
>>
>>34812914
this, im convinced at this point applying online to whatever corporate website is just a meme
>>
File: 6122.jpg (81KB, 669x627px) Image search: [Google]
6122.jpg
81KB, 669x627px
Trying to appear as a normal well-to-do human being in front of potential employers kills me a little inside everytime...

Let me off this wild ride bros.
>>
File: 1377020746516.jpg (23KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1377020746516.jpg
23KB, 310x310px
>>34812914
But how in KEK's name do I know which place is hiring?

Do I randomly barge into every store in town be all 'gibes me jobz pls?'
>>
>>34813034
>coworkers talking
>>anon doesn't feel emotion haha
>overhear it
>walk up to her
>>right anon?
>give her a smile
>"yeah you're right"
>walk away

die
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>34808741
This is why you don't get a job.
>>
>1st job: working for gfs mom in office.. data entry
>2nd job: working for McDonald's.. neighbor was GM who just gave me the job
>3rd job: working for Papa John's delivering pizzas.. saw ad on craigslist
>4th job: working for Ameci's Pizza answering phones.. got job because friend's worked there
>5th job: working in a local retail pet store for one week.. was let go because I wasn't a "good fit".. found ad on craigslist
>6th job: working as a sign flipper.. to this day one of the most demeaning jobs I ever did.. ad on craigslist
>7th job: working at local movie theater.. one of my favorite jobs still.. was let go because I fucked up keeping a register till even a few times... walked in and asked for application and interviewed for job
>8th job: working for GoodWill customer service/retail and the reason I don't believe non-profit companies exist.. shitty job I quit when I had enough money to build a PC.. found ad on craigslist and applied
>9th job: CURRENTLY washing dishes in a restaurant and it fucking sucks.. would not recommend unless you are a badass mofo who is down for grimy work that nobody wants to do.. found ad on craiglist

I interviewed for nearly every job above other than the first few I had that were just kind of given to me... I have had formal corporate-esque like interviews and group interviews. I interviewed at COSTCO once and was offered the job but didn't get it because I refused to show up for a drug test.. interviewing is a good skill to have and I am glad I have as much experience as I do... I had another interview on friday and I think it went really well.. here is to hoping I don't have to wash anymore goddamn dishes. stay in school kids
>tl;dr craigslist or friends are the easiest way to get jobs through my experience
>>
>tfw actually enjoy my job and kind of prefer being there than at home
Feels weird
>>
File: 1480259578971.jpg (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1480259578971.jpg
45KB, 657x527px
>tfw you finally find a listing for a job you actually would look forward to doing
>tfw you apply ASAP
>tfw you start imagining working there and making money to buy things to make you happy
>tfw you never hear back from them
>few days later
>tfw you finally find a listing for a job you actually would look forward to doing
>repeat forever
>>
>>34813321
>dish washer
I feel you. I worked as a Danny's dish washer for a week and quit. Hot and wet all day with all that fucking nasty ass syrup. I'd rather dig ditches than do that shit again.
>>
File: 1472852062975.jpg (92KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472852062975.jpg
92KB, 500x500px
>>34813321
also if I get the NEW job I will walk out of the restaurant on the busiest friday night because I feel no love for those people
>>
File: syrian-refugees.jpg (74KB, 740x488px) Image search: [Google]
syrian-refugees.jpg
74KB, 740x488px
>>34808741
its obvious ...
>>
>>34813321
>sign flipper

What the fuck does that even entail?
>>
>>34813356
What's your job anon?

OREGANO COMMENTARO
>>
>>34813578
I stock shelves at a store. It's not amazing, but it keeps my mind off of all the depressing stuff, and I'm starting to like a few of my co-workers, so the social interaction feels kind of good.
>>
>>34813553
standing on a street corner and flipping a sign.. I thought that was kind of obvious
>>
>>34811145
do they ask about your previous employers or call them?
>>
Here. Got McD's in half an hour, really don't want to go because I had other shit to do today. I hope it won't be like this forever
>>
>>34813619
euro bro?
>>
all I can do right so far in life is work shitty wagecuck jobs; I've been working legitimate jobs (as in taxed over the table jobs) since 16, under the table shit (mostly physical labor) since like 6 years old. I just turned down a security job because it looked like there was too much stupid bullshit involved and I just wanted a job where I could pretend to be a NEET and spend 8 hours a night learning programming/drawing and watching youtube. I deliver pizzas now and if I could have gotten a *decent* security job I'd be working 60 hours a week and effectively doing pretty much nothing other than walking around a bit and shitposting/fucking around on the internet. The dream will have to wait I guess.
>>
>>34813682
Not for long, UK, 10-5 shift. At least the people there are kinda nice (once of them plays D&D and skyrim so I get along with him)
>>
>>34813794
>not for long
you mean not working at McPalace long or not in the UK long? do you live there or are you there for school, I don't understand. I worked at McD's for a year or so.. pretty crappy job overall.. can be entertaining if your managers are stoners and creeps
>>
File: z4HkT4t.jpg (83KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
z4HkT4t.jpg
83KB, 500x397px
>tfw male nurse

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>34813983
no, I am proud of you anon. I spent so much time in hospitals that I considered being a male nurse for awhile but my grades are mediocre and I don't like reading that much

good on you though.
>>
File: 1485748887687.png (474KB, 3340x3176px) Image search: [Google]
1485748887687.png
474KB, 3340x3176px
>>34813983
>tfw too intelligent to be a "male" nurse
>>
>>34809251
ask your friend to hook you up with a job you dunce. This is how 90% of people get jobs.
>>
Get off 4chan because the Jew gets alot of money each time you click and type.

If we all leave, it means that more money into public service and you can get a job as a park ranger or national park lesson, like a cleaner or trail explorer
>>
>>34813612
Personally I get friends/family who have a different last name to me to say I worked at their small businesses to cover any gaps of unemployment, for example I'll say I worked as an administrative assistant at a friend's IT business if I want to get an entry level IT help desk job which would get you a foot in the door towards a proper IT job. Additionally, you can lie about job titles if you work at a business with not a lot of permanent employees for example I said I worked as a student admissions officer at my university instead of my real job there which was a biology lab tutor because working in admin makes me sound more like someone that can fit in an office environment. With references only big business and government check them that throughly so just get some work colleagues that are your direct or indirect supervisor who can speak well of you. If you've burnt bridges at a job just get a colleagues to be your references.
>>
>>34813983
honestly... i kinda think so

it seems like an ok job now at your age but just try to picture a 40 or 50 year old guy as a nurse without cringing
>>
>>34808851
Protip dude is to walk around town and ask.

Applying online for minimum wage jobs is retarded. Print some CVs and look for signs in windows saying part-time job available.
>>
Honestly I have come to the conclusion the only route these days is to get good enough at something so that people want to pay for your services and get by with that.

What sucks is im already 26 and have no particular abilities, and I spent the last 10 years memeing videogames. I still hope i will be able to come up with something. thankfully we have a generous welfare system here in northern yurop.
>>
>>34808741
Robots, we need to find a skill that people will pay us to do from the comfort of our homes. What skills are like this?

>web development
>translating
>???
>>
>>34809275
Nah senpai, you've got work experience in the criminal industry, you can be your own employer.

Find something people want and sell it bro
>>
>>34814066
Thanks lad

>>34815037
Yeah this is what I'm afraid of. Its okay now caus im in my 20's and I can just pretend to be gay or whatever but im scared im going to turn into the sad middle aged murse who just hangs around the hospital doing nothing in particular because of his failed dreams
>>
how do I even put in my resume not-online? do I just walk up to the cashier and tell them I'm putting in a resume?
>>
>>34812630
I work at a walgreens too, Anon

it's much better than working at a supermarket, and at most people will buy a shopping basket worth of stuff.
and you can divert all medicine based questions towards the pharmacy

I'd still prefer a job where i could sit down though.
fuck standing.
>>
>tfw work for a construction company as a legal and contracts clerk after working for one of their subcontractors as a labourer because a supervisor from the company found out I am almost a lawyer (still studying) and they wanted someone into the office who wasn't retarded and knew both working on the tools and also law memes
>tfw I am now exceptionally busy and also desk bound
>tfw I like working
>tfw I prefered working my guts out and sweating my balls off in the sun because I was hanging with my mates and we'd get pissed at smoko

>tfw I'm doomed to be a white collar cuck
>tfw lawyers don't even make good money
>>
who /never had a job here/? 23 this year, ok feel.
>>
>>34816554
Try being 29 m8.
>>
>>34809215
I got an internship on Craigslist which helped land a 60k job after graduating. Not sure where I'd be now if I didn't get that opportunity.
>>
File: 1464476900143.jpg (15KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
1464476900143.jpg
15KB, 319x320px
>>34808741
>applied for 1 job in my life
>called me the next day
>interviewed a few days after
>got it
>stopped going after 4 days
nothin personnel, kids...
>>
>>34808741
Normie here. I hate to tell you this but you need to know someone to get a job. Already having a job is a big help too.
>>
work at woolies. stock shelves at night.
>>
>>34816331
Ask to talk to a manager. Introduce yourself, make up some shit about why you're interested in working there.
>>
File: 1483304435317.jpg (36KB, 669x621px) Image search: [Google]
1483304435317.jpg
36KB, 669x621px
>>34817373
>I hate to tell you this but you need to know someone to get a job.

This. It's all about connections, lads
>>
>>34817373
You do not need to know someone. It certainly helps, but every job I've ever had I've got without knowing anyone.
And yes work experience obviously helps. But I don't understand how someone could never have had a job. You walk into a fastfood place, or retail, or some shit, say you want a job, repeat until you get one. Not that hard.
>>
>>34817373
This was how I got my first job

>looking for jobs as a teenager
>write lots of resumes
>no one responds
>eventually apply at the same McDonalds my brother worked at
>no resume
>interview consists of two questions and then a "you're hired"
>>
File: 1feeel12.png (169KB, 367x392px) Image search: [Google]
1feeel12.png
169KB, 367x392px
>26
>never had a real job
>no degree
>in and out of community college since 09
>>
>>34808851
>>34815127
This worked for me. Never bother with online for local part time.
>>
>>34818766
Then finish college and get a real job?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.