[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop my brain from tricking me into thinking I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tfw enlightened.png (2MB, 850x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfw enlightened.png
2MB, 850x1080px
How do I stop my brain from tricking me into thinking I want things? In theory, I know I don't want anything. In practice, chemicals in my brain tell my ego to desire stupid shit that won't live up to my expectations and will disappoint me once I get it. How do I fix this?
>>
have you tried meditating though
>>
>>34805670
Don't worry about it lol
>>
You've fallen into the pseudo enlightened ideology which is totally wrong. You can't stop desiring things - it's what the movement of life is all about; if you were never moving to something, life would be static and dead.

You can still want something without investing unrealistic expectations in it like depending on a relationship to "save you" or to derive your self esteem from.

Your "ego" is just your sense of self, which you will always have. Different people attach different meanings to the word "ego" which is where the confusion comes from - what is meant by becoming egoless or whatever is that you lose the heaviness of stories, labels, and sense of attachment to things like nationalism or the "feeling" of being insulted.

How do you fix it? Stop trying to fix it and it will go on its own. You're trying to solve the problem with the problem itself.
>>
smoke a whole lotta weed at once worked for the hippies
>>
>>34805670
dude weed lmao like just chilll bru
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.