[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET recovery thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 510555-neet.jpg (108KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
510555-neet.jpg
108KB, 700x400px
How are you turning things around?
>>
File: 1472883123935.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472883123935.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
in 2015/2016 I went outside again and did some courses

BUT NOW I'M NEET AGAIN OVER 5 MONTHS

FUCK

I HAVEN'T LOOKED FOR A JOB

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT
>>
>>34795300
>I HAVEN'T LOOKED FOR A JOB
Best start looking
>>
File: plato.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
plato.png
2MB, 1280x720px
I'm not. My apathy transcends this dimension.
>>
>>34795703
Why do you choose to hide yourself inside a cave?
>>
>>34795785
It's the easy way and I see no reason to try anymore. I don't have the guts to kill myself. Too weak to live and too weak to die.
>>
Neet for 2,5 years now, I'm gonna move out this year, preferably before the summer.
neetdom is eating me alive lads, if I keep living like this any longer I'll most definitly kill myself
>>
>>34796000
Any plans in particular?
>>
Putting in more effort with work and friends, having people compliment me is nice and is helping me to strive for better self improvement.
>>
File: 03512430.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
03512430.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>>34795108
After 2.5 years of NEETdom I went to community college. I'm set to finish in a few months now, and then transfer to University. This will be the first thing in my life I've ever seen through to the end.
>>
File: 1feel5.png (419KB, 625x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1feel5.png
419KB, 625x1209px
>in and out of community college since 09
>tfw no degree or real work exp
>26
Halp
>>
>>34796419
yeah I got an appointment next week to meet up with some guy to talk about financial aid for people under 25, so that i can move out asap and get a job or something 2-3 months down the line to keep myself afloat.
obviously it would be perfect if I would get a job right now and keep the government out of my financial stuff, but I know from experience that I can't keep a job for shit if I don't need to pay for my own rent, food, etc.
>>
>>34795108
When your parents tell you "sorry we won't give you money anymore" and you only have like 100$ saved and now you need to get hired to buy food and you also need new clothes to survive til the 1st salary but you don't have any money.

That's the point at which you go like "either I am NEET or I die next month"
>>
>>34796596
sounds like a good start, good luck anon
>>
I was a NEET a few years ago, now I've been working for a bit over two years and I'm trying to get back on track with my studies
>>
>>34795964
You can do it anon kun I believe in you even if you don't believe in yourself :)
>>
>>34796763
Normally I'd chastice you for giving me false hope, but thank you anyway, anon.
>>
>>34795108
I wish I could, but I just hate myself too much. I went to actor school and can talk with people (and girls) pretty good, but I just don't want to do anything with my life because I hate myself too much. I'm in uni now, but still live with parents and I've never had a gf. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>34796726
thanks mate, hope I'll be able to live a life that I don't need to be ashamed of soon.

>>34796869
why do you hate yourself, anon?
>>
>>34796906
>why do you hate yourself, anon?
idk, I'm not really ugly, nor stupid. I just have no desire to do anything with life.
>>
>>34795108
I got black out drunk and my stupid roommate thought I was dead and called 911 and I have cops that keep coming back asking to search my place because they smelled weed that night while "rescuing" me, so I had to stop smoking weed and Ive been kinda losing a lot of my social anxiety being forced sober.

I was pretty close to being so damn fucked though, I only got that drunk because I was out of drugs and broke and the cop starting poking around THE DAY I was going to go and buy more drugs, so I had a clean house and have been able to play up a recovering drug addict angle and avoid charges but my house is basically burned and I'm thinking of convincing my roommate to move (I leech off him) so I can start doing drugs again, but on the other hand Im finally doing more everyday than play video games and get high and listen to music. Still just exploring interest, using FL studio, making shitty music, and learning about astrophysics and stuff, nothing official, but maybe I'll learn enough on my own to get my ass to school. I keep telling myself 25 isn't too old to start, idk, I'll probably just end up feeling safe enough to start doing drugs again and all this will be for nothing but this is the first time Ive even managed to write a long post and still press post so I feel like my life is turning around.

I have an appointment to see a therapist I made too, idk why but when I was fucked up I went to the ER wanting to kill myself and they made me make an appointment with a therapist in order to leave so I might go to that, but I'm not sure anything like therapy would even be for me.
>>
>wasted my youth
>no skills

What's the point of trying now if the time for having fun has passed anyway?
>>
>>34797059
Not many people get to live for fun, why is it assumed by you thats the only reason to do things? Make change or learn and become satisfied, not entertained.
>>
>>34797059
>fun
Maybe if you mean retarded normie shit like spending all your money in a nightclub and vomiting on yourself at 4 in the morning.
>>
>>34796980
that's fine, really. It's basically the same for me as in I don't have any aspirations to be successful or famous or something like that, and I can't say that I really like myself either.

I see it this way, I'll be dead in 70 or 80 years anyway, nothing in life really matters, but I can feel enjoyment, happiness and satisfaction when I do things that I enjoy. So I set myself the goal to just live my life in a way that allows me to do those things as much and as often as possible.
If that means getting a certain degree or starting a certain career path, I'll just check for opportunities to get there. If that means moving somewhere else or even leaving the country, I'll check the necessary steps to get there and start at the very bottom.
Thats how I see it. the most important part is that you just keep moving at all times, if you just kinda live without any purpose everyday and waste your time, then that's just a way of making yourself more miserable than you have to be.
>>
>>34796539
At least you know how to start, I'd go to community college but everyone did everything for me growing up and now I'm alone and have really bad social anxiety and dont even know how to college, hell I cant even make phone calls because I don't know what to say to people
>>
>>34797191
The problem is, I don't even know what I want from life. During holidays, I just spend my days aimlessly watching movies, playing games, listening to music and jerking off. I really like music and was thinking about learning to play an instrument, but then again that requires going outside, which I rarely do.
>>
>>34795108
>Be me
>Be 25
>Dropped out of college (school had shitty faculty, everywhere else was too expensive) in Fall 2012.
>Been going semi-NEET with dad, bouncing between unemployment and shitty PT jobs.
>Got a full-time security gig back in May; only $10 an hour with shitty health insurance plan I haven't gotten, but I love the job anyways.
>Saved over $8,000 in my checking account.

>Will have enough for a not-shitty used car and a month's rent for an apartment.

Don't know what to do with my life, though.
>>
>>34797059
This shit has been bothering me ever since I turned 19.

Everybody and their monkey's uncle says that young adulthood is the best age to live in, and, once it's passed, it's gone forvers, LOL!!!! Stop wasting your youth, anon.

Like, if I'm not going rock climbing, getting drunk at bars and screwing a different 20-something every day, I'm wasting my life.

But, hey, I did go fully bald at 21 and grow nasty hair all over my body(25, now) so I don't have to worry about mourning a youth that was taken from me too soon.
>>
>>34797416
I don't want anything from life either. I just know that satisfaction feels good, so I might aswell try to be satisfied as much as I can, since I probably can't feel anything after I'm dead.

For example I like drawing and creating things in general, so I do that in my free time and I laid out a plan so that I can someday get paid to do what makes me happy. It doesn't matter to me if I'll get there when I'm 30, 50 or 70 because until then I'll just keep doing it in my free time anyway. I also like small things like being alone in nature, so thats another thing I try to do often, and even that holds some career options that would allow me to get paid for doing that.

if you don't know what makes you happy yet, the only way to find out is experimentation and trying out new things. But even if just being alone and away from society is what gives you satisfaction, then you'll just have to figure out a career that allows you to live like that, while having enough financial security as to not be a leech all your life. That would only make you feel worthless over time.

the key to all of this is that you have to leave the house in the beginning, obviously, but if you have social anxiety, like I used to have also, then you just have to start there, with seeing a therapist for example, or just try to confront yourself with uncomfortable situations over and over until you get better.
>>
>>34797059
Now I know what they mean by white privilige. Did you know that for 1000s of years, up until very recently, no one was able to live for fun?
>>
>>34795108
Working part-time manual labor. Feels great desu. It's pretty laid back and I get a workout every day as a bonus.
>>
>>34797793
>assumed the poster's race
>doesn't realise that this is a function of economic privilege rather than race
so this... is the power... of tumblr.. woah.
>>
>>34797840
>>doesn't realise that this is a function of economic privilege rather than race
>implying no relation
>>
>>34798009
Whites simply aren't at the top of the tier list. Oriental migrants coming over for University are typically more economically privileged. Poor whites and poor asians also exist. Your rhetoric is divisive and doesn't actually achieve anything of value. Get fucked.
>>
>>34797793
>this is your brain on idpol
>>
NEET Recovery:

1. Study
2. get job
3. Pay 3/4 of your wages to rent, car, car insurance, gas, cell phone, utilities, food
4. spend the other 1/4 on entertainment on weekends
5. die anyway / feel sad anyway
>>
>>34798009

There is a relation, wealthy Asians coming to America to study in the world's best universities and drive expensive cars are very different from four typical impoverished white person, especially the white males because we don't benefit from the free scholarships and preferential hiring/admissions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud to be a part of this group and like the way I look but it's kind of bullshit how everything besides looks and history puts life on nightmare difficulty.
>>
I'm getting depressed thinking about it. I'm making progress but it will still be another 12 or so years before I'm a fully recovered neet. I'm picking up over time lately, so I may just drop to part time in 6 or 7 years so I don't completely hate my life.

Word of advice:cling to your neet status. Life is miserable once you are forced out of it.
>>
File: 1486710903650.jpg (39KB, 639x719px) Image search: [Google]
1486710903650.jpg
39KB, 639x719px
I don't see the point in recovering, it's not like it will make me enjoy living. At least when I'm a NEET I can just be sedentary and live inside my head, not having to think about doing anything at all, I don't even have to think about what day or year it is or how old I am.

Although I do at times wish I wasn't such a defective humans. Sometimes the apathy changes to extreme sadness and I feel like ending my life.
>>
File: 1470297839337.jpg (81KB, 904x635px) Image search: [Google]
1470297839337.jpg
81KB, 904x635px
>got GED
>going to gym
>eating better
>plan to join military
>just posted on /soc/ looking for a friend
I'm still running on autopilot because i'm just as depressed as ever. The physical exercise is the only thing that gives me a release, and even that's rare. I'm trying so hard not to falter on this but everyday I wake up at my lowest point where nothing matters and I want to die. The only thing I can do is open my laptop and distract myself until I wake a enough to start the day.

>>34799568
It's this or death, right? And the longer you wait the harder it is to recover. I dunno about you, but i'm only emotionally suicidal. So I can at least force my subconscious into a helpful autopilot. I may as well be a depressed NEET at the gym than in my room.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.